Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Official Screenshot Thread: Greenhouse Haven and Basement Treasures.

EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 7,336 EA Community Manager
Sul sul!

We've got 2 new Kits dropping on April 20th, so it's time to spin up the screenshot thread!

I'm actually pretty excited for these 2, show me what you've been able to do with these.

Some ✨beauty✨ shots for ya:

Greenhouse Haven:

h2aa3bb1xg0g.png

Basement Treasures:

e6xbqmt0fp7s.png
Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• Options
    EvvieSimmerEvvieSimmer Posts: 134 Member
    Omg I'm so excited for these!! Can't wait to play with them and give all my sims an awesome garden and basements!
  • Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,908 Member
    I would be super-excited if that phone was a real landline, but I assume it's just going to be decor.
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Older style tv with rabbit ear is nice they should have made a black and white station for it would be great for generational game play. Sadly the landline is obvious useless decor.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    Older style tv with rabbit ear is nice they should have made a black and white station for it would be great for generational game play. Sadly the landline is obvious useless decor.

Lol, yes, the landline phone is definitely dead, otherwise no one would leave it off the hook like that. If they ever feel like adding more upgrades to the game, it would be nice if our sims could restore/fix the big broken old TV, and either make it functional albeit in black and white only or transform it into an aquarium or cat bed.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,883 Member
    Can't wait to see all the great greenhouse, screened in porches, and basement builds and makeovers!
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    Only the separate TV is functional, the TV console not:

kwu3qUA.png
  • Options
    lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,096 Member
    They made it sound like this kit was going to be more nostalgic than it looks... I mean, yeah the 80s looking items like the console tv will be cool in my 80s builds (and I have a few). So I'm likely to buy it just to "update" my builds.

But I was expecting more game throwback items than a plant and a disassembled bed. Are those the only ones? And the bed is not buildable I take it?
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • Options
    Love the open windows:

4sZODLZ.png

@lisamwitt The console TV is definitely 60s!! :)
  • Options
    New clutter for my wizard:

p6LHktU.png
  • Options
    lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,096 Member
    edited April 2023
    @lisamwitt The console TV is definitely 60s!! :)

Maybe so, but the houses I built were from 80s movies that had one (Poltergeist house, Goonies House, Byers House from Stranger Things). It drove me nuts when I was building them not to be able to get that correct.

And I definitely knew people who still had them when I was a kid. I was born in '79. My husband's grandmother still had one in her house that she set a newer tv on top of into the 2000s.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • Options
    GoddessBylineGoddessByline Posts: 281 Member
    Bought the Greenhouse Haven Kit and redecorated one of my tiny greenhouses. Cannot say that these Kits are worth the money, because it isn't much they contain.

lzO780F.png
    gi7KduS.png

c9NkBdD.png
    I don't use CC so if you see something in a screenshot of mine, it's from the game.
    EA Account (Gallery) ID: BylineBelife
  • Options
    DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,944 Member

I opened the sims 4 today after patching the game. The EA app was behaving itself so I bought the greenhouse kit. Would have bought the basement kit but the tv I wanted to use is broken, huh.

The shelves will hold 8 canned food which is nice. I also like the new greenhouse roof. I only took a picture of the canned food because a tiny house doesn't really have room to make a greenhouse or attached porches. @RememberJoy I like your screened in porch and will use your idea when I'm ready to builder bigger houses.

XVYr0Mr.png
  • Options

I made a attached greenhouse on a tiny house (64 X 64 tiles).
    PqKXVR8.png
    rceKDFR.png
    A065otD.png
    aBAJWeV.png
    YlTtJoV.png
    hqpPzee.png
    TryQhFF.png
    BHejo7u.png
  • Options
    I adore the Greenhouse Kit! I tried to recreate the famous Sims 3 store greenhouse as a recreation center on the animal park lot in Brindleton Bay.

xEVNYGd.png

6MJ9j9l.png

00QPJbc.png

19KCrLr.png
  • Options
    tatselktatselk Posts: 519 Member

Got the Basement Treasures kit as a little treat and shabby-fied my version of Johnny Zest’s trailer.

Think it turned out pretty well. :)

c1f9833a2977563a0c737a0360399ecee261922f.jpg

0072464909e35794d6758a2dd14953feb4ca9a30.jpg

• Options
    FutureFuture Posts: 336 Member
    Bought the Greenhouse Haven Kit and redecorated one of my tiny greenhouses. Cannot say that these Kits are worth the money, because it isn't much they contain.

lzO780F.png
    gi7KduS.png

c9NkBdD.png

I've been meaning to ask someone, but those little seed trays (on the shelf) and the tiny pots (on the table)... are they functional? Can your Sim actually put plants in them or it's just decoration?
  • Options
    @Future they're decoration.
  • Options
    JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member
    edited April 2023
    What a beautiful little kit. I would have to work on the lighting but it’s so much nicer than the greenhouse I could make for them before. Works really well with some of the other kits we had too 😊.

EC582-E99-3-CC4-4-B60-B379-AEB242-C4312-A.jpgD4-FF4565-DC56-4-E00-93-C8-4-DB501-ED66-EC.jpg43972851-10-BD-41-D5-98-BC-D1-D9-A047-F16-C.jpg662-ADAA8-C00-A-4-C1-A-A7-B1-46869-CA26888.jpg

This one nice too.. I prefer greenhouse but both are good!

594-C617-D-2282-4-B88-BA52-9-C4-EE7-E4-BCC0.jpg908-F7530-15-B5-4862-9100-BC24-C3713179.jpg
    970-B1014-93-FE-4012-BCD2-066-C49-C5-B3-B2.jpg
    Post edited by JustinB113 on
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Saw this on Twitter. It's a haunted room video using the basement kit.
  • Options
    maggiemae8135maggiemae8135 Posts: 790 Member
    @catloverplayer I love that video! I am planning a rags to riches game where my sim finds and moves into an abandoned home that of course is haunted. I plan to furnish it with the basement kit and werewolf furniture that appears broken. She will find a seance table in the attic and start on a new career. I have an abandoned home already I built but now I want to build a new one. I was working on other ideas but after watching this video I decided I am starting on it today!
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    I built a little green house, it's meant more like a knitting space than for gardening. It goes well with the other plant kit. Anyone think the grow lights are a bit low hanging, or are they meant for medium height walls?

VQeZvW6.png
  • Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    I made a small little community garden with the greenhouse stuff and other things of course.
    KVG94EG.png
    A lot of other packs just go with the kit.
    Ug9yFTK.png
    XJFA6BI.png

Now to figure out what to do with the basement one heh.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png