Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Tales of Henford - Chapter 21: A Home in Henford 🏡 - Updated 21/04

_sims_Yimi_sims_Yimi Posts: 1,752 Member
NGWlWMP.jpg

A story of Self-Discovery (and Chickens 🐔🐣)
Kip Booth is a city dweller from Bridgeport who is on the brink of burnout. By a whim of fate, a random encounter leads him to travel to Henford on vacation. Kip sets out to regain his energy and rediscover what he likes, who he is and what it was that makes life worth living.

Follow Kip as he befriends the village locals, gets into chicken-themed hijinks and confronts some deep truths about himself. Will he learn to find happiness? Or will the life lessons that are offered to him get abandoned, left behind on those old countryside roads?

Prologue - Withered

Hi, all! This is a little side project that I'm working on when time allows. I figured it was time to share. Tales of Camelot is my absolute passion project, but Henford-on-Bagley is such a wonderful little neighbourhood that I can’t resist taking screenshots in it and turning it into a story. For those of you who like stories that start at rock-bottom and slowly climb their way up to happiness, please give this one a try! 😊
J6AKQqX.jpg
Hosting D&D sessions on the side. Interested in playing through some fantasy-themed shenanigans? Send me a message 😘
Post edited by _sims_Yimi on

Comments

• _sims_Yimi_sims_Yimi Posts: 1,752 Member
    Reserved just in case 🐔
    J6AKQqX.jpg
    Hosting D&D sessions on the side. Interested in playing through some fantasy-themed shenanigans? Send me a message 😘
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,918 Member
    Agatha, well done!!

Im already hooked, next???? :smiley:
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • DeidreMaharielDeidreMahariel Posts: 63 Member
    Aaaaaah, I'm so excited! Henford-on-Bagley fans unite! :smiley:
    I love your composition and use of color to represent Kip's emotional state! Just taking the step to do something for his own well-being and seek out a change of scenery is already healing, and you captured that very well. :smiley:

I'm also veeerryy interested in these chicken hijinks -- I'll definitely be keeping an eye on this one!
  • Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,969 Member
    New story YAY!
    Omg I just wanna give Kip a hug <3 Poor guy. It’s totally rubbish that he’s criticised for everything in his life. Hopefully the change of scenery will make a difference.
    @Ellupelluellu Haha, yay! I’m glad you enjoyed it 😄 next one will come… no idea. It’s mostly done. They’re much easier to make, but I’m going to try and alternate with ToC at least a little bit 😊

@DeidreMahariel HENFORD FANS UNIIIIIITE! 🐔🐤🐮
    Taking that first step for yourself is so, so hard. I wish everyone could have their own personal version of Kip’s Henford. <3 haha, you won’t have to wait long for those chicken shenanigans…

@Lucy_Henley
    It really is. But people usually don’t realise how bad they have it until someone shows them the contrast. Let’s hope it makes a difference, indeed.
    J6AKQqX.jpg
  • hellohannah2hellohannah2 Posts: 839 Member
    I loved this!! Henford is my favourite world, it’s so much like home 😭
    You did a good job showing the dull, soulless corporate world with your colour palette - and omg Kips colleagues seem AWFUL - my heart broke at that part where the women were laughing about how undateable he is. You’re not gross, Kip! They’re all gonna love you in Henford I just know it 😭

The sunflowers as a metaphor for a brighter life elsewhere was so nice. It was all so nice. I can’t wait for more
    s54gWQ5.png
  • HermioneSimsHermioneSims Posts: 789 Member
    The only reason why I postponed the reading of Tales of Camelot for so long is that I'm a great procrastinator, in particular when there are already so many posted chapters to read in a row (it's still in my to-read-list, anyway).
    But with a new story I don't have any excuses anymore XD
    The visuals are very effective in telling the mood of this introduction. Kip really needs some more sunflowers now, that office was really horrible!

And now I'm curious to see the very colourful shots and people of Henford in action!
    2if86miljyb3.png
    You can follow the Legacy Miller from my blog and the forum thread, *Chapter 8.18 posted on the 23th of April 2024*
    @hellohannah2 It really is fantastic 😁 the developers did a great job with that one. It's got so much charm.
    Fingers crossed that they'll love him in Henford and don't think he's gross. He could definitely do with better colleagues. And some friends 🙁

@HermioneSims Haha, I know that feeling - there's a ton of stories that I've been wanting to get into or catch up on, but then I look at the chapter amount and go "hm, that's not gonna work in one hour. Maybe tomorrow". And then weeks pass 😅 Glad to have you along for the ride on this one!
    Everyone can do with some more sunflowers in their life, I think 😊🌻 Let's see how the Henford Hens and Roosters receive him...
    J6AKQqX.jpg
    edited April 2023
    Our timid salaryman has made his way to the countryside! Chapter 1 - The Gnome's Arms is now available. 😊
    J6AKQqX.jpg
    edited April 2023
    It's time to meet some new faces! Chapter 2 - Flowers for a Stranger is out. With extra Chicken! 🐔
    J6AKQqX.jpg
    Great episodes!
    I love how Sarah calls him city mouse :p
    That room is so cozy <3
    Not so good start with errands, Lavinia was bit rude...
    And that rooster.. ouch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    gSiBoZW.jpg
    just hilarious :D

hmm.. maybe that rooster was Amor with unique working way.. arrows and heart bows are so old fashioned :D:D:D

@Ellupelluellu Thank you!
    Sarah is great. Whenever she's not at the bar, she's constantly autonomously talking to Kip. Goes out of her way to do it. 🥰 The Mayor sure didn't give a good example of politeness there, no. Gosh their conversation was so awkward. That relationship bar is in the red 😅

Oooh, maybe it was. Does Amor work through hyper-aggressive roosters? Who knows? It's the sims; anything is possible 🤭
    J6AKQqX.jpg
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,878 Member
    edited April 2023
    I love it!
    Kip is so charming with his need to give back. We're hearing at first about his guilt and awkwardness as reasons for that, but, I bet it comes from a very good place ultimately <3

bookmarked :)
    Wheee chapters!
    First thing I have to say is I LOVE THE FIRST AND LAST PICTURES OF THE ROOSTER I AM CRYING!!! 🤣🤣 The first one he’s just like “Kiss my butt, redhead!” and the last one he’s just so smug :D

Oof, Lavina doesn’t seem nice. At least everyone else has been kind.
    @mightysprite Hi! Glad you're enjoying it :mrgreen:
    You may or may not be right in that regard! His personality and character growth is the focal point of the story this time around 😁

@Lucy_Henley
    Haha, I had so much fun making those chicken screenshots. Sir Cluckles is the real star of this story. 🐔
    Lavina is… a character, that’s for sure. But hey, not everyone can be 100% nice, can they? She’s not the only one that’s a tad mean, either…
    J6AKQqX.jpg
    We get triple the chickens in this one! Chapter 3: Flowers for a Stranger, Part II 🐔🐔🐔
    J6AKQqX.jpg
    Woo, this story got mentioned in this week’s highlights thread, with a particular shout-out for Sir Cluckles! :D
    Oh my, it did? Leave it to Sir Cluckles to steal the show 🤣 Thanks for letting me know @Lucy_Henley , I would have completely missed that!
    J6AKQqX.jpg
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,878 Member
    Kip! Walk away! You know you can do it!
    Who cares about rent, let the Henford people take care of you for a bit ;) What do you have tying you down in that sad salaryperson place anyway??

Also
    I loved the doggie flashbacks as Kip was looking at the Cecilia and chicken pictures. <3
    @mightysprite
    I love how unanimous everyone is in yelling at Kip that he needs to get away from there. Let's hope those voices make it through, and he listens 😊 Happy doggie flashbacks are the best flashbacks!
    J6AKQqX.jpg
    Hi, all! Some disclaimers on this one: Chapter 4 - Flowers for a Stranger, Part III

For those of you who use the reader instead of the direct page and don't want disclaimer spoilers, know that wordpress reader highlights all hidden text in bright yellow 😅
    J6AKQqX.jpg
    edited May 2023
    Whew! Where did the last few weeks go? I hope you're all doing well 😁 I have a mountain of catching up to do. In the meantime, there's a new chapter: Chapter 5 - The Cupid and the Crone. Enjoy!
    J6AKQqX.jpg
    edited May 2023
    Oh my, somehow I did not get notification from chapter 4 :o

Well goodie, as now more to read <3<3

I see your comments are at your site.. If it does not mind, I still comment here? :)

chapter 4
    Aww, that time at Ian and Derek made a tears in my eyes. *softie*
    I am very happy he uit just like that :)
    chapter 5
    Totally hilarious with Agnes :D Indeed I would like to know what is in that bag too :D
    Hmm... the errand.. I have a feeling its something about M.Bell :p

@Ellupelluellu Of course, commenting here or on the site is both fine! Thank you for your comments 😁
    Something with M. Bell? My, whatever makes you say that? 😇😜 We'll find out soon whether you're right!
    J6AKQqX.jpg