Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Just realized, sims 4 cats and dogs can't breastfeed

RoseyaSimi4RoseyaSimi4 Posts: 105 Member
edited April 2023 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
I just started another new household a day ago to have me, my first sim, and my Rebecca Goth together. I got Buttons so far matched up and now has kittens, who look exactly like Buttons the mother. I just realized; they brand new newborns. So I should let them be with Buttons, but my Sims should not have to feed them unless needed. But, There is no breast feeding or bottle feeding for them. I suppose, since Buttons seems to be natural cat that's l hardy like feral kit. They should be okay, but they should be at least be breast feeding. Since breast feeding is normal and mother sims do, if not at launch, then at this point with all the pack additions to animal ranching and family life would at least open for the mothering cats and dogs as updates for them to do the same along side their superiors. the parenthood could be updated where bottle feeding a newborn kit applies to the parenting skill.

Comments

• Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    Sim kittens and puppies spring into existance at roughly the equivalent of 8-12 weeks old. Old enough to be eating solid food and separated from their mothers (if you want to adopt them out) Yes, they will continue to nurse as long as mama will allow, but they don't have to, and it may not be enough anyway.

If sims 4 pets had a "newborn" stage, I'd agree they should be nursing in some way, but they don't. And if they added it, I can't see it lasting more than 1 sim day on Normal Life Span, so I'm not sure it's worth the effort.
  • Options
    RoseyaSimi4RoseyaSimi4 Posts: 105 Member
    I don't need a newborn stage. I would like to be improvising. I was just for one of my sims was growing such a bond alongside being an cat lover and having the pet friend. They were just kittens from the cats in the house, so I was going to give them up, and now I have. Would've been nice to fill up the time while they stayed to care of them like that at least for a day or two.