Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How many children do your sims have?

Comments

• UniqueKhaosUniqueKhaos Posts: 470 Member
    It depends on the family but 1-4 is my norm. I’ll never go over 4 in a single household. My current family has 2 boys. That might be it for this generation.

The Jangs (City Living Premades) currently have 5 infants and a teen I refuse to even open that household. I forgot to turn neighborhood stories off 😂
  • Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,321 Member

For actually playing actively with children in a household, I like 3 or 4.

If you mean how many 'off-springs' do my Sims have? Playing with really long life, I think Don Lothario has the most, with Bella Goth at a close second. A couple dozen each I think. Of course, not all the same other parent for each child. ;)

Ironically, I don't think Don and Bella ever had a child together though, heh heh!
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• LoriTSpLoriTSp Posts: 451 Member
    Generally my Sims have 2-3, but there are the occasional twin births. I don't usually let my Sims have more than 4 when I'm playing them, after I age up and move out the heir, the household can have as many babies as they want.
  • lemonellalemonella Posts: 423 Member
    My sim families usually have 2 children, but anywhere from 0 - 4 children is the typical range for me. I won’t ever have a sim family with more than four children because I like to keep two slots open for pets as well.
    · · ─────── · 𖥸 · ─────── · ·
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,336 Member
    0-3 children for my sims. Families with a no children or a single child are more common than those with two or three kids.
  • TheSpotted_CTheSpotted_C Posts: 293 Member
    2 is probably the average for me, but I'm planning to make one of my current sims a father of at least 6.
  • HavenRoseHavenRose Posts: 322 Member
    It depends on how I'm playing. In my big rotational save, a few families started out with 2-3 kids, open to the possibility of more if they rolled wants for it or it seemed to fit their story. Once the first generation grew up and started having their own kids, it was usually 1-3, so long as at least one was a girl. In my legacy, I rolled for the number 1-6. I tend to prefer my born in-game sims to CAS created ones, so I let my sims have plenty of kids to choose who to play.
  • AngeliqueAdelaideAngeliqueAdelaide Posts: 1,032 Member
    Too many.
  • MareahMareah Posts: 792 Member
    My current families are having more babies than usual since i haven't played with the younger life-stages in ages. The new infants are also too cute and i love them too much so i keep wanting to add another one. I used to prefer letting parents have two or three kids at most before this baby fever hit but i guess i am going to cap it at four or five this round.
  • MissyHissyMissyHissy Posts: 2,022 Member
    I love working with large families, so it's not unusual for mine to have 5 or 6.
    With the introduction of infants, I'm working with smaller families to start with. My new legacy family currently have two children; I'll probably let them have a third and probably leave it there.
    I do LOVE the families though :D
    *All my mods can be found on The Daily Plumbob*MiAqoAE.png
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    Most of my played households with children have between one and three, but rarely more than that. There is one couple with four sons, and another with five daughters, all created in CAS, not born in-game, and still living with their parents.

In a much more complicated patchwork family, my very first couple had three biological children together, born in-game, then the husband got impregnated by aliens and gave birth to number four, and a fifth (also an alien) was adopted. Only those two youngest still live at home.

The reason I don't have many big families is because playing with so many sims at once is too stressful for me. My households in general rarely grow beyond five sims (not counting NPC ghosts, pets and farm animals).
  • GrimlyFiendishGrimlyFiendish Posts: 718 Member
    My main couple (Grim Reaper & his wife Aislinn) currently have 52 living children at last count.
    Most of their children who have had kids of their own have between 1 and 3 children.
    Occult Simmer (All Occult All The Time)

Female Simmer from Australia (she/her)

I had one of my Sims marry the Grim Reaper & now they have a lot of kids.

• HopeyStarrHopeyStarr Posts: 1,276 Member
    1-3 is my usual range for children.

One of my saves is the 100 baby challenge, and that sim is currently on 12 children, I think?
    R5PO75w.gif?1
    *:.。."It's great being ((Queen Bee))!".。.:*
    ★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★
    ✧ :-"As long as I continue to believe then one day my ((dreams)) really will come true."✧ :-
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    My main couple (Grim Reaper & his wife Aislinn) currently have 52 living children at last count.
    Most of their children who have had kids of their own have between 1 and 3 children.

52, wow! You're inspiring me. I mean, no one says all the children have to live under the same roof forever...
  • jus1nickiejus1nickie Posts: 360 Member
    Usually 1 to 3, especially now that infants are here. But I have been thinking about doing boy for one gen then girl for the next gen and they will have babies till I get the certain gender for the generation. Totally random without manipulating the outcome.
  • Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    For the households that have, or will have, children, 2-3 is pretty average for me. I have a few with just one, and a couple of families with 4. One... particularly family oriented household... I might let get up to 6 or so.

But no Duggar households for me, thanks!
  • WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    Amapola76 wrote: »
    For the households that have, or will have, children, 2-3 is pretty average for me. I have a few with just one, and a couple of families with 4. One... particularly family oriented household... I might let get up to 6 or so.

But no Duggar households for me, thanks!

Lol, I left my Duggar households in Sims 2. Sims 4 makes it a lot harder to really play that way - you run out of room way too fast.
  • GrimlyFiendishGrimlyFiendish Posts: 718 Member

52, wow! You're inspiring me. I mean, no one says all the children have to live under the same roof forever...

I actually didn't start out planning for them to have that many children (they've had more but before I upgraded my computer I occasionally had to cull some to keep my game from majorly glitching). They just make such pretty children together, and I was having fun watching Grim be a Dad. But yeah the family lives all over the place, usually 8 kids will end up staying home with Grim and Aislinn (until I figure out relationships, living arrangements, etc, for them) but the rest pretty much live in all the worlds I have in my game. :)

Occult Simmer (All Occult All The Time)

Female Simmer from Australia (she/her)

I had one of my Sims marry the Grim Reaper & now they have a lot of kids.

• PoduszkaIsGodPoduszkaIsGod Posts: 3 New Member
    Usually three but i always try for twins
  • Umbreon12Umbreon12 Posts: 881 Member
    It depends on who I am playing, and how I am playing the game.
    Most of my families, I give them at least 2-6 children from the get go. Or edit them a child. The ones with 6 or more kids are due to playing with the parents' genes to see what possibilities I can get, and editing is due to wanting the couple to have a child now.
    For one female Sim, I gave her pre-made kids, which were 3 teens and 2 children, and had her have one child in-game birth.
    Another family had 4 pre-made kids, two teens and 2 children, and they had twins born in game. Which was my first set of twins so far.
    I have one family that had triplets, and gave them one more kid, so they have 4 total so far.
    When it comes to my families in-game born Sims they range from 2-3, but with pre-made kids they can be much more.
    Once the next generation starts, I will keep the children as in-game born Sims only, and alternate between 1-3 kids, and then back to more.
  • NRoweNRowe Posts: 7,894 Member
    edited March 2023
    My current household: none or two right now depending how you look at it.
    I am setting up a farm with the old “Dad”, his adult son and young adult daughter. So Dad has two grown children and none born in game: yet.

If I can stick with them, their llama, jack russell, chickens and ginger cat long enough there will be generational play with a spouse moved in and a bedroom eventually turned into a nursery.
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,413 Member
    Most of my sim families have 2-4 children. I try to have just one or two but then I let them expand the family anyway because the toddlers and now also infants look too cute to resist.

Some sims stay without children because they are background characters for my main sim. I would like to play them as well rotationally but I can't get around to them. It is too time consuming.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Zero kids. All the kids/babies i have in my game are younger siblings to my main sims but none have kids of their own. That way I still get to play with kids.
    I only have one main sim that adopted two teens after their mom died but that is for a special storyline.
    And I do plan on adopting an infant when I get to that part of my story.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • ArcaArca Posts: 183 Member
    Malcolm Landgraab has 2X children with different women…
    My simself is just having 7 children.
  • fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    I usually play with mods that let me have more sims in my household. My current sims have 24 kids.
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn