Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Buildable Apartments?

A recent discussion on Reddit has me curious how many players would like the option to create their own apartments.

Buildable Apartments? 61 votes

Yes, I want to build apartments.
37%
LeGardePourprelisamwittIsb917ULIBABA66Suceresslisasc360ClassicalSimpandie00SnaveXsMicemSimsLunarBritneyLinzzChicklet453681SERVERFRALady_BalloraWildIrishBansheeCoconut27SimmingalHavenRoseskip 23 votes
No, just give me more apartments in upcoming packs.
11%
mustenihappyopiKimmermanicobsessiveAzukiMochiFuturejuloks2 7 votes
I would like any opportunity to build close living quarters (apartments, townhomes, etc.)
47%
crocobauramaggiemae8135Mariefoxprice83g01denswanluthienrisingCarmineEmmaVaneID-Christianlovemy4sWinifred_WillowlunaoddityZiafarBooDaBoo5GrumpyGlowfishjoRN1414Behappy1stIndiiAnahoneywitchtelemwillMermaid_cats_owner 29 votes
I don’t care because I don’t play with apartments. (This is the wrong answer 😂).
3%
simgirl1010Perti23 2 votes

Comments

• lovemy4slovemy4s Posts: 153 Member
    I would like any opportunity to build close living quarters (apartments, townhomes, etc.)
    I personally want any form of close living quarters to be customizable and buildable that function similar to apartments. I would even settle with a new world that has a new apartment that’s kind of locked in to a townhouse sort of look. If you can’t tell, I just really want more options of close living quarters.
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,175 Member
    I don't like the existing apartments, they are too big.
    I use them for students and single sims, 6x5 is enough for them.

it would be nice if Maxis could bring back the system from TS2 EP8 Apartment Life and add building shells like TS3 EP03 Late Night.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    I don't like the existing apartments, they are too big.
    I use them for students and single sims, 6x5 is enough for them.

it would be nice if Maxis could bring back the system from TS2 EP8 Apartment Life and add building shells like TS3 EP03 Late Night.

I wouldn't call 6x5 an apartment and might be useful on one occasion or two, but I wouldn't want them as a general apartment size. They are definitely not enough for a family and very often families live in apartments not just the suburbs. What I liked about the TS2 apartments, was the possibility to move in several similar households and have them use the common space area. Single sims got basektabll or swimming pool, family sims got a playground, sims could live next door to siblings, parents, love interest, etc. The current apartments are badly designed, you can't change the windows and their placement, sometimes you can't create rooms with a window and then there are the invisible roaches and mouse holes that you can't reach to spray or place trap if you place a wall or furniture over them. This wouldn't be a problem if it were possible to edit them or to create our own apartment buildings.
  • maggiemae8135maggiemae8135 Posts: 790 Member
    I do build "apartments for my sims, and place sims I want to get together and know one another in them. I enjoy starting a sim or small family out this way. The main problem is no privacy as they are always going in each other's apartments. I use it to increase their relationships, but it would be nice to have doors that would work to keep them out, like in Apartments pack Sims 2. I wouldn't want the apartments I am playing to be blacked out or need me switch active sims in the apartment building to play them.
    edited March 2023
    The main problem is no privacy as they are always going in each other's apartments.

You can lock door (by sim name) and unlock them occasionally when you want to let somebody go inside one apartment.

• lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,079 Member
    I should have picked the third option. I would like to have the ability to build real townhomes too.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • lovemy4slovemy4s Posts: 153 Member
    I do build "apartments for my sims, and place sims I want to get together and know one another in them.

I have done this too with the roommate system but if I want to do whole families, I can’t do that. It messes up my bills.

• FutureFuture Posts: 336 Member
    edited March 2023
    Eh I can barely put a house together. Putting an apartment together from scratch is out of the question! Lol but I would love more apartments. I wanted to like the ones we got in Eco Lifestyle but that balcony bug turned me off.

And yea people have wanted apartments since City Living when they realized we couldn't make any changes to the exterior of the buildings.
  • Lady_BalloraLady_Ballora Posts: 784 Member
    Hopefully we can build apartments,townhouses and other rental places in Sims 5. I don't think it's really possible with the limited engine of Sims 4.
    Why do you hide inside these walls?
  • joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    and I want them available to be placed in all worlds
    "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,431 Member
    edited March 2023
    Heck Yeah! This has always been one of my biggest pet peeves (that and not being able to edit the worlds to add/remove stuff).

But, I want the ability to build any type of multi-family truly functional home! Not just "apartments" but duplexes/doubles, town homes, large Victorian homes that have been split up into 4 small units, beachy apartments that are raised up on stilts for Sulani, "Ski Lodges" grouped on one lot, etc. Small Neighborhoods that have separate "houses" on 1 large 64x64 lot, etc. These are the types of apartments I want to build in addition to true apartments that are multi-floor with actual apartments on each floor.

If EA is unable (or refuses) to give players this ability, that's okay, cause I'm pretty sure another life will come along and be more than willing to accommodate the player's wishes.
  • honeywitchhoneywitch Posts: 321 Member
    i'm dying for townhomes but i'd also love duplexes and more apartments. i have a few townhome lots from the gallery and they are really well made so thanks builders, but it's so much hassle because it's still considered a single lot single household. we need proper multi-unit lots.
  • happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    At this point, I actively enjoy the challenge of figuring out the best floor plan for the fixed apartment shell.

It's a fun brain teaser.
    edited March 2023
    "build close living quarters" would be interesting if it allows me to get a small business in this residential lot :
    • Bakery
    • Grocery shop
    • Local pub
    • Bistro
    • Newspaper kiosk
  • SnaveXsSnaveXs Posts: 4,322 Member
    I would love the ability to create my own apartments but I wouldn't mind apartments being shipped with expansions like Copperdale and San Sequoia either. It's better than having useless shells filling up the beautiful worlds.
    edited March 2023
    I would also like these options be added :
    • Rent a house
    • Buy an apartment (No landlord)
    • Rent an apartment for vacation

• SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    Actually, all the above.
  • manicobsessivemanicobsessive Posts: 1,103 Member
    Future wrote: »
    Eh I can barely put a house together. Putting an apartment together from scratch is out of the question! Lol but I would love more apartments.

Yeah, this exactly. I am useless building from scratch, but I love renovating, and I want more apartments!
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,885 Member
    well I already do
    its just not very functional with 8 sim household limit and shoving different households in one household only to then feel overwhelmed trying to control them all

vampires do somewhat help though since they can hibernate therefore if i want to just play one of the households on my "apartment lot" i can hibernate the rest
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    As a serial renovator/rebuilder, I enjoy the challenge of renovating the apartments using a fixed shell. I'd like to build my own, too.
  • AzukiMochiAzukiMochi Posts: 118 Member
    Eh. Would be too much work. I prefer redecorating, like Future or manicobsessive said.
    giphy.gif
    I be obsessed with faeries. As well as mermaids.
  • fujicakes1fujicakes1 Posts: 1,281 Member
    I really would like to be able to build some sort of town home or apartment situation...or like a duplex, where two families could share the same lot. I truly would like for two families to be able to share the same lot. Also I would love to be able to save the apartments I work so hard on re-decorating! I don't know if there is a way to program that so that we can just use the saved apartment with the same apartment in other saves. I don't mind re-decorating again, it forces creativity lol, but sometimes I reallyreally like a setup that I put together. And my memory is terrible. Anyway those are just a few of my incredible thoughts!
    All my daily trances, and all my nightly dreams, are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams.
    I dance to the beat of my own drum, no matter how measured or far away.
    I do love a road. You can always be wondering what is at the end of it.
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,207 Member
    Aside from building my own apartments and other small living quarters, I would also like to be able to build community lots the same way, i.e. a building with several units that can be whatever you want them to be, not just residential apartments.
  • brizgalbrizgal Posts: 140 Member
    @FujiCakes When you create an apartment you love, you could always “Save as” and keep that new game as a template (if you can’t find an alternative way of saving the apartment to your gallery). I don’t play the apartments in sims 4 - too frustrating. So I really don’t know a lot about them. However, if you google saving apartments in sims 4; you may find that the answers help you as there are suggestions that it is possible to do it.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    You can save apartments to the gallery by making them a room. All you have to do is delete a tile of wall from each room and then rebuild it once you download it again.