Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

NPC toddler and infant world inclusion!

Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
edited March 2023 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
So I thought this will be fixed in the infant update and GT but it's not. So I would like to see more npc infants and toddlers in the world with their parents of course not all the time just random here or when they're is a certain place for toddlers and infants can be. I was a little disappointed with the Livestream that when they took the family out they were the only family with infants and toddlers out like GT trailer showed infants and families hanging out together infants getting know other infants same thing with toddlers. In game the player again has to initiate. I would like to bring my infant and toddler to the park to see other infants and toddlers with the parents you know what I mean?

Comments

• ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    The park lot type is one community lot families should show up together and there is simply no way to do it because Get Together club feature excludes toddlers and infants. I can set clubs to do yoga in the park and others to play basketball kid clubs to play on playground equipment or splash around in the fountain but they severely limited true sandbox gameplay excluding life stages who simply don't show up with no way they ever will unless it's your played family.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    The park lot type is one community lot families should show up together and there is simply no way to do it because Get Together club feature excludes toddlers and infants. I can set clubs to do yoga in the park and others to play basketball kid clubs to play on playground equipment or splash around in the fountain but they severely limited true sandbox gameplay excluding life stages who simply don't show up with no way they ever will unless it's your played family.

I just wish there was a way man because I just would like to see toddlers and infants out about with they family it will feel more realistic as well.
  • mollie1998mollie1998 Posts: 446 Member
    I would like to see infants play on baby swings at the park in a world with a park with baby swings in it
  • 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,554 Member
    I had really hoped for such a thing.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
    83bienchen wrote: »
    I had really hoped for such a thing.

Right hopefully we get a dine our refresh and can bring toddlers and infants a long with us.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited April 2023
    I'm okay with having a lot trait for it but I personally don't want to see infants all over the ground and toddlers wandering alone. With the way sims are designed the babies are not going to be with their parents. Sims are attracted to objects at random.
    And the amount of things sims can't do holding infants is A LOT. Which is probably a symptom of introducing them so late into the game. My sim is a celebrity and everytime my sim "listens to a fan" automatically they put the infant down on the floor. Probably because they are not animated to be held while interacting with fans. I was at the park and had to leave after my sim put the baby down over 10 times and I had to pick it up off the floor.

For the trailer they could have set up a toddler play date or just had multiple babies and parents in the same household which is the way I do it. Or maybe they even used the stay over event.

At the least I do hope the team expands on sims being able to more holding infants in the future.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
    I'm okay with having a lot trait for it but I personally don't want to see infants all over the ground and toddlers wandering alone. With the way sims are designed the babies are not going to be with their parents. Sims are attracted to objects at random.
    And the amount of things sims can't do holding infants is A LOT. Which is probably a symptom of introducing them so late into the game. My sim is a celebrity and everytime my sim "listens to a fan" automatically they put the infant down on the floor. Probably because they are not animated to be held while interacting with fans. I was at the park and had to leave after my sim put the baby down over 10 times and I had to pick it up off the floor.

For the trailer they could have set up a toddler play date or just had multiple babies and parents in the same household which is the way I do it. Or maybe they even used the stay over event.

At the least I do hope the team expands on sims being able to more holding infants in the future.

See also I think this would have been great to add strollers so they won't get stuck holding infants and toddlers won't wonder around I'm not saying see toddlers and infants by themselves I'm saying when we go to a park or a place where toddlers and infants go it would be great to have an npc toddlers and infants with they family enjoying the park. Also imagine seeing parents strolling around the neighborhood with strollers.