Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Another Dine Out Refresh Idea

SnaveXsSnaveXs Posts: 4,322 Member
For a dine out refresh I would like to see larger groups come to restaurants. Right now sims only come in groups of 2's and 3's. Sims parents could have 3 children but they'll only show up with 1 child. I would like to see families, friends, double dates and co-worker's travel in groups of 4 to 8. I know there's mods to adjust the number's but it's usually random groups with no real relationships. I hope a refresh to Dine Out could change that. I also thought it would be neat if we could see NPC/sims try to mend their broken relationships at a restaurant. If player try to help fix relationship, we could later see those 2 sims sitting down for dinner. I was thinking maybe we could see the relationship fixed or worsen with a fight at the restaurant. There could be dinner reservations and we could see sims get stood up or maybe even get stood up for a date ourselves. I think having a bit more storytelling in gameplay for Dine Out could be interesting.

Comments

• GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,544 Member
    I agree with you although I have not experienced the problems you talk about. I would also like the ability to have a Sim your Sim knows be able to be invited to join their table. I think Toddlers should be allowed to dine out, too.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    Yes I've been saying this the Sims npc needs to be more inclusive also especially now since we have infants. Highchairs also should be included with Dine out because toddlers like to go out and eat as well. Also have changing table in the bathrooms.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Expanded features would be nice I'd love to see entire households show up to eat and most importantly I'd love to be able to play a household who family business is running the restaurant. I'm not a fan of how I'm forced to play a manager who hires only townies I want to play the waiter host and cooks or hire my own Sims to do the job.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Coconut27Coconut27 Posts: 860 Member
    edited May 2023
    [deleted]
  • tangledwingstangledwings Posts: 8 New Member
    > @ChadSims2

You can do that using the Carl Sims 4 Dine Out Reloaded mod. Of course it would be best if EA made these improvements themselves in the form of a refresh, but it's unlikely that will happen. If you don't already play with the mod, I highly recommend it.

There are many cool things they could do in a Dine Out refresh. I have a detailed outline of my idea, but I'm waiting to be able to make my own posts.