Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

how to add father sim to exisiting family?

I wanted to know how to add exisiting sims parents - ex: John Reed already has mom i had made via give him parents thru genetics. But when i make his dad - i cant link to other family members only Cynthia (mom) and then says step childern

how do clone the day to i can add him to the family as father and grandpa?

Comments

• Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    You can add him to the household if you haven’t already, then use the CAS full edit mode cheat, you should then be able to add relationships. If you just add him as the mothers husband that would be why he’s showing as a step father. Instead add him as the father of the other Sim first then the mothers husband, that should fix the problem. Also make sure he is older than his child, for example you can’t make an adult Sim the parent of another adult, the “child” would need to be young adult or younger if that makes sense.
  • fazemanpressfazemanpress Posts: 206 Member
    edited March 2023
    Kita5399 wrote: »
    You can add him to the household if you haven’t already, then use the CAS full edit mode cheat, you should then be able to add relationships. If you just add him as the mothers husband that would be why he’s showing as a step father. Instead add him as the father of the other Sim first then the mothers husband, that should fix the problem. Also make sure he is older than his child, for example you can’t make an adult Sim the parent of another adult, the “child” would need to be young adult or younger if that makes sense.

i tried that - as it wont let me link john to him - says household etc - even when i say mom and dad and save it still says step father -
    the method i was doing was make this sims parent (dad)

ps: should i make him from scratch?
    Is he a premade Sim or is he also in your library? If you have a copy in your library you could try adding him to your household that way (in CAS) and see if that opens the option (using the full edit cheat). If he isn’t in your library, you can place him in a lot alone, and save a copy that way. If it works you can just delete the original from manage households. I don’t know if you can or want to use mods, but the MCCC mod has options to immediately add any relationship you want (won’t help you if you’re on console though).
    Is he a premade Sim or is he also in your library? If you have a copy in your library you could try adding him to your household that way (in CAS) and see if that opens the option (using the full edit cheat). If he isn’t in your library, you can place him in a lot alone, and save a copy that way. If it works you can just delete the original from manage households. I don’t know if you can or want to use mods, but the MCCC mod has options to immediately add any relationship you want (won’t help you if you’re on console though).

He is not premade - or n libray just was using genetics feature as i had no issue with making mom now with dad as mentioned saying step dad-
    im on xbox
    Ok, did you use the CAS full edit mode cheat code before entering CAS? That’s really the only way I know of to change relationships, maybe someone else can help. Otherwise you could add all of those Sims to your library and then start them all as a new household, that would lose all other outside relationships though.
    Ok, did you use the CAS full edit mode cheat code before entering CAS? That’s really the only way I know of to change relationships, maybe someone else can help. Otherwise you could add all of those Sims to your library and then start them all as a new household, that would lose all other outside relationships though.

Yes its weird - i appreciate your help - my other option is make him from scratch and add him that way? i know it wont look like john but still will have dad tho :D
  • Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,321 Member

With cas.fulleditmode enabled, it should work in CAS. I've done similar a million times. Not sure if testingcheats has to be on, but I turn it on first thing anyways just to be sure.

I use MCCC also, so sometimes I find it easier to use that then shuffling it around in CAS with fulleditmode.
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png