Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Copperdale Park to Residential Glitch?

SimDork23SimDork23 Posts: 524 Member
Every time I move a family into a house that I created on the lot where the park is in Copperdale, it turns back into a park & says that all of the requirements haven’t been met yet. I have to “sell” my family’s “business” & load back into the lot through live mode in order for it to stay a residential lot, & I noticed that it took everything out of my bookshelves & toy boxes & put them in the household inventory. (I accidentally deleted everything not realizing where they came from, lol. :D). That MIGHT not be related, but I’m pretty sure it is.

Has anyone else experience this?

Comments

• Options
    RedShoe7RedShoe7 Posts: 705 Member
    Anytime I add a residential lot to a lot that is a venue this happens. I always choose the option to make it residential and it will say residential but then it reverts back. Next time try changing the venue to residential first then add the residential lot. Or, before you add the family, edit the empty lot and change it there (again).
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    edited March 2023
    I would think it's probably (secretly) locked into a park since that's the lot teens are officially on when they hang out at the fair after the prom. There just has to be a lot where you travel to, a bit like the onsen is required for mountain excursions in Snowy Escape. Maybe?
  • Options
    RedShoe7 wrote: »
    Anytime I add a residential lot to a lot that is a venue this happens. I always choose the option to make it residential and it will say residential but then it reverts back. Next time try changing the venue to residential first then add the residential lot. Or, before you add the family, edit the empty lot and change it there (again).

I’m sorry that you have this issue, too! I wish they would fix it, lol. Next time, I’ll try your suggestion. Thanks!
    musteni wrote: »
    I would think it's probably (secretly) locked into a park since that's the lot teens are officially on when they hang out at the fair after the prom. There just has to be a lot where you travel to, a bit like the onsen is required for mountain excursions in Snowy Escape. Maybe?

Oh, I haven’t gone to prom in my game yet, so I didn’t know that, lol. Now I wonder what’s going to happen when prom does happen?
  • Options
    SimDork23 wrote: »

I’m sorry that you have this issue, too! I wish they would fix it, lol. Next time, I’ll try your suggestion. Thanks!

Oh, I haven’t gone to prom in my game yet, so I didn’t know that, lol. Now I wonder what’s going to happen when prom does happen?

I have a house on the park lot. Teens just spawn at the the amusement park. That lot doesn't have to be a park.
  • Options
    I have a house on the park lot. Teens just spawn at the the amusement park. That lot doesn't have to be a park.

Oh, okay, good! Thanks for letting me know!

• Options
    lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,096 Member
    I know there are some lots that are locked into their type. But in my game the only worlds that have commercial lots (with those exceptions) are Windenburg, Newcrest, and Magnolia Promenade. My other worlds are completely residential and I've never had this issue. But this game is weird sometimes.

I noticed the same as Redshoe7, teens just spawn at the amusement park. And when we had Sims sessions and Sims were supposed to start at the Willow Creek park, they just started out on the path next to my residence that was there instead, in a common area.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    edited March 2023
    I think i had something similar in Oasis Springs on the bar lot where i had family on lot but game thought its a business

I also sometimes have this weird thing in Willow Creek where my originally residential lot still residential lot is suddenly generic for some reason

but for willow creek it could be that i just forgot to set it back after getting something from my gallery idk
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    lisamwitt wrote: »
    I know there are some lots that are locked into their type. But in my game the only worlds that have commercial lots (with those exceptions) are Windenburg, Newcrest, and Magnolia Promenade. My other worlds are completely residential and I've never had this issue. But this game is weird sometimes.

I noticed the same as Redshoe7, teens just spawn at the amusement park. And when we had Sims sessions and Sims were supposed to start at the Willow Creek park, they just started out on the path next to my residence that was there instead, in a common area.

Yeah, I think sometimes there really is just no explanation, lol. I’m glad to hear that you’ve never had any issues! Hopefully I won’t, either. :D
    Simmingal wrote: »
    I think i had something similar in Oasis Springs on the bar lot where i had family on lot but game thought its a business

I also sometimes have this weird thing in Willow Creek where my originally residential lot still residential lot is suddenly generic for some reason

but for willow creek it could be that i just forgot to set it back after getting something from my gallery idk

Yeah, this definitely sounds like a common glitch then. I guess all we can do is work around it until there’s a fix, lol.
  • Options
    lolsim8lolsim8 Posts: 8 New Member
    It's an issue not just commercial to residential lots, but any lot type change. I've had the same happen with rental lots that I've changed to residential. Also with tiny homes resetting to standard residential - that's less annoying as you don't lose anything on the lot, but I do sit wondering why my skills aren't going up for a bit until I realise, lol.

I think all have been when I've placed and changed the lot type while placing rather than manually changing them, so it's probably a glitch there.
  • Options
    edited March 2023

What lot are they on then? I mean what lot is loaded while they are there? Do you have another park? Good thing if the Copperdale Park lot is not locked.
  • Options

What lot are they on then? I mean what lot is loaded while they are there? Do you have another park? Good thing if the Copperdale Park lot is not locked.

Honestly when they had their after prom get together there, they just spawned there, I didn't notice which, if any lots were loaded. But when I want to take a sims to the amusement park, I just load into any of the lots in that neighborhood (they are all residential in my game). You don't need a community lot to travel around the neighborhoods.
  • Options

Honestly when they had their after prom get together there, they just spawned there, I didn't notice which, if any lots were loaded. But when I want to take a sims to the amusement park, I just load into any of the lots in that neighborhood (they are all residential in my game). You don't need a community lot to travel around the neighborhoods.

Good point. It has always been my personal preference to have a good community lot available for city living festivals for example. Never even stopped to think that it might not be required for these kind of game events. I'm guessing the game is still going to load that particular lot, so if it's residential then you're visiting a family even if you don't walk to the lot.