Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Just checking to make sure the infant update and Growing Together have no major Issues.

SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,963 Member
I’m very excited about getting the Infant update and buying Growing Together and downloading them. I thought I would wait a couple of days, since I’m not a computer techie, and I figured there would be such a lot of people trying to get the update the first day. Also, I want to Get Growing Together before I actually play infants anyway so I can make sure my Infants get to go through every milestone. So, I’m just checking in to see if there are any game breaking issues with the infant update or the Growing Together Expansion Pack. I don’t use Mods or CC, so I’m not worried about them hurting my game. Thank you so much in advance. I’m very excited to get both, but wanted to wait to make sure there were no aging problems or anything like that.
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• Lilia1971Lilia1971 Posts: 391 Member
    I haven’t had anything major so far.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,496 Member
    I didn't get to download mine, yesterday, until around 12:30. So not a lot of playing time. So far, however, so good.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,946 Member
    No big problems detected with either yet
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • usualsuspectusualsuspect Posts: 76 Member
    Use caution on buying. I bought GT through the EA app yesterday and am still unable to install. Most are recommending buy through the Sims website and don't use PayPal. According to EA Support "hundreds of thousands" are experiencing my same issue.
  • manicobsessivemanicobsessive Posts: 1,109 Member
    Oh thank god!!! I was going to start this thread. Please don't close it down EA Cade!!!

I have heard about stretching infants, babyfood preferences resetting, the MT.Komorebi excursion is apparantley borked since the update, some people have needed to have parents introduced to their infants, can't care for them because the check infant interaction keeps cancelling actually caring for them etc.

I would really love to hear everybody's experiences because I am so desperate to play with the new content but don't want to bother yet if it's borked!

This is just a thread to share with each other how we are getting on. Please don't close it!
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,963 Member
    Thank you all so much for your input. @usualsuspect I usually go into my game ( which now uses the EA app. ) and order my pack/kits from the game from up in the left hand corner where pack, kits, etc. are each listed. This is how I ordered my last kit, and I don’t use pay pal. Is that a safe way to go?
  • manicobsessivemanicobsessive Posts: 1,109 Member
    I'd particularly like to know if anybody here is experiencing this issue https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/UNDER-INVESTIGATION-Sims-are-not-moving-when-I-give-them/td-p/12383423 and if so, do they have Laundry Day installed?
  • kerryemmiebethkerryemmiebeth Posts: 400 Member
    I have Laundry Stuff but I haven't had any problems.
  • BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,595 Member
    Oh thank god!!! I was going to start this thread. Please don't close it down EA Cade!!!

I have heard about stretching infants, babyfood preferences resetting, the MT.Komorebi excursion is apparantley borked since the update, some people have needed to have parents introduced to their infants, can't care for them because the check infant interaction keeps cancelling actually caring for them etc.

I would really love to hear everybody's experiences because I am so desperate to play with the new content but don't want to bother yet if it's borked!

This is just a thread to share with each other how we are getting on. Please don't close it!

The introducing to parents issue is related to one trait being bugged for it, I believe.
  • usualsuspectusualsuspect Posts: 76 Member
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    Thank you all so much for your input. @usualsuspect I usually go into my game ( which now uses the EA app. ) and order my pack/kits from the game from up in the left hand corner where pack, kits, etc. are each listed. This is how I ordered my last kit, and I don’t use pay pal. Is that a safe way to go?

It is a safer way. It seems that those who bought from the website and used a credit card had less problems processing.
  • RapidRabidRabbitRapidRabidRabbit Posts: 134 Member
    There’s a few bugs in regards to werewolves (they’re missing their initial temperaments, and werewolf packs are glitched) and other various bugs like infant food preferences resetting when you go into CAS.
  • Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    Just my experience but I haven’t seen any of the bugs/glitches that @manicobsessive listed. I bought mine from the EA app using PayPal and I was able to download and use it in less than 5 mins (this was after 9pm eastern US time last night), maybe I just lucked out. I do use mods, however I only have a few updated ones in my test save (MCCC, & UI cheats). I played several households with infants before the pack came out, then two households with infants after installing the pack, so far so good. I’m going to test out more pack features later today once I get my RL kids settled for the evening.
  • joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    The only glitch I had (I have a Mac and use Origin) was the original DL. I had to repair the game and restart my computer. I've had one episode of the elongated body and that's it. Pretty smooth for me.
    "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame
    edited March 2023
    One thing that has been driving me crazy is sims autonomously sitting on chairs mid chatting thing we got with some patch ages ago

and that is also true with infants sometimes they get stuck in this sit to talk to infant thing and then fail to do the actual interaction i was trying to do

like for instance i was trying to put mini me to crib but then sim would just keep putting the infant on floor or in high chair or on playmat or sitting down and then the infant got mad cause infant tired and then infant sleep on floor and it was driving me crazy cause dang just put the infant in crib and then i get infant in the crib finally and kyle takes infant out on the floor argh

reset reset reset

needless to say infants are sleeping on floors yes they are who needs a crib

or i guess other option is no chairs no chairs at all no sofas no benches nothing
  • BonjourwomanBonjourwoman Posts: 338 Member
    I did the update and have GT as I pre-ordered it but haven't really "played" it yet as my sims kids are still teens. Looking forward to it though. Only thing I've done is make a nursery & playroom. The milestones are pretty cool.
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,963 Member
    Ty @usualsuspect !

@RapidRabidRabbit ty for the info. I’m not playing werewolves at the moment, though I do own all packs except Growing together so far. And ty for the heads up on the food preferences, I will make sure I set likes/dislikes, clothing and whatever else I need to in CAS for all sims before trying to feed the baby actual food.
    @BlueR0se do you happen to know what trait that could be so I can avoid it temporarily?
    @Simmingal you made me laugh with your floor/crib comment. Hope I don’t get that bug/glitch.

I will most likely open up my game in a few hours then update to infants, check out some of the new stuff, then buy Growing Together. I’m very excited to play. My daughter is on console and so far hasn’t had any big problems on her game. So, crossing my fingers everything will go well with updating and buying and downloading the new pack on my laptop.
    edited March 2023
    @Simmingal you made me laugh with your floor/crib comment. Hope I don’t get that bug/glitch.
    I think the one way to avoid this
    is really to just remove any chair that might be too close to the high chair
    so sims don't sit down to chat :sweat_smile:

I will definitely need to take note of this when i start building my own baby houses
    (I almost feel like putting the baby and its items in the attic or tower and putting nothing else there like evil witch)
  • RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,847 Member
    I haven't noticed much, I had my sims not respond but resetting or canceling their last action fixed that immediately. I feel like vampires get hungry faster but it is fun in general. I got two science babies to test how crazy that gets though.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • FutureFuture Posts: 336 Member
    edited March 2023
    The game is playing mostly fine for me, but when I first load it up I'm getting a pretty puzzling looking LastException. It doesn't tell me what mod it's about but it's more of a "process" or something the game is trying to do but can't.

So... I'm going to have to look more deeply in my mod folder and see if I can figure it out. I don't have too many mods so it shouldn't take that long. Hopefully I'll find the right one and the "process" can complete.

I have seen an infant stretch before putting him into the crib.

Also, my Sim does a t-pose when I tell her to put the infant on the ground for tummy-time. Happens every time. Yesterday I could only successfully do tummy-time by putting the infant on the new object, then I click on the object for tummy-time.

Going to take a closer look at my mods and see if I can pinpoint what would cause that and then repair the game if all-else fails.
  • MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    I have no mods. I did get the infant stretching to tall a couple of times, always when put down near a kitchen counter. I've had the same thing happen with a toddler occasionally. I don't really care if the infant's food preferences shift. They would in real life, too. I've heard the introduction happens with famous parents, and I've been having too much fun with my infants to go on an excursion in Mt. Komorebi. And I do have Laundry Day installed.

I'd say, go for it.
  • BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,595 Member
    Ty @usualsuspect !

@RapidRabidRabbit ty for the info. I’m not playing werewolves at the moment, though I do own all packs except Growing together so far. And ty for the heads up on the food preferences, I will make sure I set likes/dislikes, clothing and whatever else I need to in CAS for all sims before trying to feed the baby actual food.
    @BlueR0se do you happen to know what trait that could be so I can avoid it temporarily?

I will most likely open up my game in a few hours then update to infants, check out some of the new stuff, then buy Growing Together. I’m very excited to play. My daughter is on console and so far hasn’t had any big problems on her game. So, crossing my fingers everything will go well with updating and buying and downloading the new pack on my laptop.

I believe it's the "Beloved" trait. @SheriSim57
  • mrln1975mrln1975 Posts: 186 Member
    I only have update. Not the pack. I’ve noticed the plates bug returned. And when calling a nanny for the day/ no sims work/ they never leave. And when I dismissed her/the only way to get her to leave/ another showed up right after. I’ve played for two days after update.
    04-04-15_8-27nbspPM.png
  • JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member
    I played the update for about 3 hours, 3 infants took them to strangerville and a few other places. Only issue I saw was one baby crawled through another, it was trivial.

I played the pack for about 1 hr mostly in CAS but had a little walk around the world. Ran really well, no lag no glitches.

Not the biggest play test for sure but didn’t experience anything yet. I play on console though, I do feel that a lot of the things being reported have a good chance of being mod related.
  • CheyenneBaumCheyenneBaum Posts: 2 New Member
    I haven’t noticed much with the infants themselves, but I started a new game in the new town and the wife started kissing another man so I quit and didn’t save it. Awhile later, the husband who has the loyal trait (they both do now), was at the rec room making a furniture piece and all of a sudden left. I looked in his inventory and no Furniture piece, so I looked to see where he went and he was flirting with someone, so again quit and didn't save!! My worst nightmare of this game has come back again, even with loyal trait!! Refuse to play now!
  • Brd709Brd709 Posts: 2,070 Member
    edited March 2023
    I haven’t noticed much with the infants themselves, but I started a new game in the new town and the wife started kissing another man so I quit and didn’t save it. Awhile later, the husband who has the loyal trait (they both do now), was at the rec room making a furniture piece and all of a sudden left. I looked in his inventory and no Furniture piece, so I looked to see where he went and he was flirting with someone, so again quit and didn't save!! My worst nightmare of this game has come back again, even with loyal trait!! Refuse to play now!

Did you check that neighbourhood NAP's? (From Eco Lifestyle) There's one called Free Love where everyone can flirt with each other and not mind.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top