Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A little help please! I just want to play my game!

emereemere Posts: 1,755 Member

So after reading the the Climbing Excursion at MT. Komorebi is broken because of the infants patch, well, I do not want to patch my game. I did this in the past with Origin: not patching, keep playing. But now with the new EA App I can not figure out how to do it :'(

I can not launch the game without the app trying to force the dowload!!

I just want to play my game and go to MT. Komorebi. Also as the patch did not fix my vampires and werewolves supernatural speed so I do not care about infants or GRO or whatever. I just want to play my already PAID content.

Thanks in advance o:)

Note: here is the link to AHQ topic if you need to press the Me Too, I really feel bad for the affected simmers: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-SE-Climbing-Excursion-Can-t-move-to-the-next-stage/td-p/12384370
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,420 Member
    edited March 2023
    Oh no. I like to climb mountain Komorebi with my sims. :'( I already patched so all I can do is try and hope this issue doesn't affect everyone.

In the EA app you have to turn off automatic updates if you haven't already. After opening the EA app, you need to click the 3 lines in the top left and select offline mode in the menu that opens. It should let you play offline without updating.
  • Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,321 Member
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    Oh no. I like to climb mountain Komorebi with my sims. :'( I already patched so all I can do is try and hope this issue doesn't affect everyone.

In the EA app you have to turn off automatic updates if you haven't already. After opening the EA app, you need to click the 3 lines in the top left and select offline mode in the menu that opens. It should let you play offline without updating.

Thank you @Atreya33 , that is very helpful. Too late for me now also. Though I figured it was mainly just mods messed up. The people are fixing them one by one. For example, TwistedMexi was pretty quick on patching T.O.O.L. --- Once again, I'm highly impressed.

@emere That sucks the Llamas, um, hoof. :'(

Probably will be a bunch of small patches to fix all these new bugs.
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• manicobsessivemanicobsessive Posts: 1,109 Member
    If you disconnect from the internet on the device you're playing on you should be able to launch the game offline without updating. I do this and have never had an issue. Good luck!
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    emere wrote: »
    So after reading the the Climbing Excursion at MT. Komorebi is broken because of the infants patch, well, I do not want to patch my game. I did this in the past with Origin: not patching, keep playing. But now with the new EA App I can not figure out how to do it :'(

I can not launch the game without the app trying to force the dowload!!

I just want to play my game and go to MT. Komorebi. Also as the patch did not fix my vampires and werewolves supernatural speed so I do not care about infants or GRO or whatever. I just want to play my already PAID content.

Thanks in advance o:)

Note: here is the link to AHQ topic if you need to press the Me Too, I really feel bad for the affected simmers: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-SE-Climbing-Excursion-Can-t-move-to-the-next-stage/td-p/12384370

Can I just say that I'm sorry about the issues but your steampunk house is LIT.
  • EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 7,310 EA Community Manager
    Heya,

Please keep technical issues and bugs on AHQ, we have dedicated staff there to assist with these types of issues.
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top