Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How is everyone doing with the infants?

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    My sim for whatever reason cannot feed or pickup the infant....my beautiful little infants are starving

oZoRFnW.png

I thought at first it was where the highchair was located so moved it but it still happens and it's bugging me...
    For now imma cheat their hunger up until i can find what the issue is-

The foods they get at the high chair does not fulfill their hunger needs. That food is meant for experimentation only. To fulfill their hunger needs, you must breastfeed or bottle feed.
  • Options
    JimG72JimG72 Posts: 1,161 Member
    telemwill wrote: »
    The foods they get at the high chair does not fulfill their hunger needs. That food is meant for experimentation only. To fulfill their hunger needs, you must breastfeed or bottle feed.

The explore foods option does improve their hunger need. It won't fill it. But if the infant is at 50% on the hunger meter, doing the explore foods option twice in a row will get them to nearly full on hunger. The finger foods one though seems to provide no hunger benefit at all and I've seen the hunger meter actually decrease while they were eating the finger foods.
  • Options
    grevilliabluegrevilliablue Posts: 304 Member
    I created a YA family with one baby so that I could try out GT. I found that for the first few Sim days, the baby was very needy & it was hard to manage her parents' needs. Now that she's got a few milestones she's doing better. She got gassy, hates waking up & self-soother, which make for a bit of a challenge - when she wakes up she can't decide whether to cry or coo at her mobile. She's a cautious baby, so it's taken her quite a while to decide if she likes certain foods & then they suddenly reset mid-game so now she's having to start again with them all! I find mum & dad waste a lot of time idling between actions & I have to reset them fairly regularly. I'm also finding that the practice crawling & standing options don't always appear, so it's taking ages for her to learn to crawl. She can pull herself up on a chair or in her cot though. Overall, I'm enjoying it but I don't think I'd want my Sims to have a multiple birth. I'm only just managing with one parent going out to work & the other working from home. Does anyone know if the nanny teaches them anything or do they just (barely) manage their needs?
  • Options
    amjoieamjoie Posts: 3,516 Member
    My sims have twins. I played for a while the normal way, while the infants were getting past several milestones. It was fun. But the real enjoyment, for me, came after I put everyone's needs on static. Then I could do things like watch the twins interacting with each other, babbling, blowing kisses and playing with toys (which is really adorable), while the parents practiced yoga and sparred with light sabers.

One of the infants kept popping up the fussy eater quirk no matter how many times I got rid of it with cheats. The game insisted he was fussy. So I finally had his mother stop trying to use the bottle, even though that was checked as his preferred feeding method, and she fed him the old fashioned way. He had no problem eating, that way.

His twin gets gassy. Next time, no bottle for the twin either, and we shall see if that takes care of the gassy quirk. I am wondering if the preferred feeding method tends to pop up the unpleasant quirks. Something to test ...

I think this expansion adds so much to my game. Watching newborns grow into infants, toddlers, children, and then teens feels so complete - something I have never been able to do in any sim game until now. It enriches the whole experience, immeasurably.

But I do think a person should be playing on the longest lifespan, or even no aging, to really be immersed in this type of game play. It needs to be unhurried, or you will miss most of the fun. Just the infants interacting together is priceless, and I doubt I would have been able to watch it if I was worried about all the other things that need doing, when playing shorter life spans.

I also think, at least with twins, that parents should not be working. They need time off, when raising an infant, or it will resemble a grind, not a pleasure. And if you want to explore all the nuances of the growing infant, then use a cheat to make needs static, at least temporarily. It makes all the difference.

I like the new world, too. And the new furniture/decor. It made building another home for my sims much more interesting. Also the small things, like the ability to do puzzles together, enriches the game.

I think, overall, if you like family life game play, this expansion is a must have purchase. I am so glad I bought it.
  • Options
    telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    JimG72 wrote: »
    telemwill wrote: »

The explore foods option does improve their hunger need. It won't fill it. But if the infant is at 50% on the hunger meter, doing the explore foods option twice in a row will get them to nearly full on hunger. The finger foods one though seems to provide no hunger benefit at all and I've seen the hunger meter actually decrease while they were eating the finger foods.

Oh, thanks for the correction! I was going by what was said in the live stream, so it's good to know that it does help. It makes much more sense that way.
  • Options
    MadameHardyMadameHardy Posts: 6 New Member
    I took an infant on vacation and it was a mistake. I showed up at Granite Falls, rented a tent, and there was no changing table, nor a way to buy one at the supply store. I don't know if the actual cabins have changing tables. Furthermore, I put my existing travel crib in my inventory, only to find out that I had no access to my inventory on vacation. Recommend against!

Has anybody else had problems with Sims refusing to tend to their baby's needs, even when there's a clear path? I walked a parent straight up to the screaming baby, but no picking up ensued, and my commands were ignored.
  • Options
    HopeyStarrHopeyStarr Posts: 1,276 Member
    I find myself fighting my adult sims sometimes when it comes to taking care of the infants.

Let me decide when to put the child in the crib little sim!
    R5PO75w.gif?1
    *:.。."It's great being ((Queen Bee))!".。.:*
    ★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★
    ✧ :-"As long as I continue to believe then one day my ((dreams)) really will come true."✧ :-
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    I took an infant on vacation and it was a mistake. I showed up at Granite Falls, rented a tent, and there was no changing table, nor a way to buy one at the supply store. I don't know if the actual cabins have changing tables. Furthermore, I put my existing travel crib in my inventory, only to find out that I had no access to my inventory on vacation. Recommend against!

Has anybody else had problems with Sims refusing to tend to their baby's needs, even when there's a clear path? I walked a parent straight up to the screaming baby, but no picking up ensued, and my commands were ignored.

I had a similar problem, but it just as weirdly cleared up when I restarted the game, even with a save. I know that there have been some weird Last Exception errors being thrown up, even in vanilla games, so check if you have one from when the problem started.

And if you put the travel crib in your sim's personal inventory (rather than the household inventory) you should have access to it. Not that I plan on taking infants to Granite Falls anytime soon, but if I do, I'll edit the cabins ahead of time.

I have found, much to my relief, that despite all the work Infants Require, they aren't as much of a headache as I'd feared, and it appears that the work is worth the bonus traits/slight boost to Toddler skills if you can unlock enough milestones, but your milage may vary.
  • Options
    CatSimerCatSimer Posts: 16 Member
    Actually, I have no trouble with mine. She falls asleep easily, can spend most of the time alone.
    P.S. She has Cautious trait.
  • Options
    Winifred_WillowWinifred_Willow Posts: 423 Member
    For the most part, I do enjoy the infants. They are very endearing and it's fun figuring out how they work. I was one of the "lucky ones" to the the bug that erases milestones on infants. I was disappointed and frustrated when I first noticed after all the time I spent getting the infant milestones-they were gone and I couldn't try to get them again because there was no option to. Of course I reported it on the EA website and there are quite a few players experiencing the same or similar issue whether it's a modded game or completely vanilla. I'm not going to open up that save with the bugged infant until cheats are release to restore my lost progress for the milestones. I know it's probably going to be a very long time until the bug is fixed, I'm just disappointed that it exists.
  • Options
    xxnearlyperfectxxxnearlyperfectx Posts: 683 Member
    plumboy23 wrote: »
    I love them! The game need desesperaly challenge, and this gives a bit of it, they feel like real babies!

This. This update made me actually want to play sims 4 because it gives the game a bigger challenge
    4Wv5dIG.jpg
  • Options
    xxnearlyperfectxxxnearlyperfectx Posts: 683 Member
    Scrapdash wrote: »
    Finding them quite the challenge. But that's a good thing, it livens up the game. They're also adorable.
    Is anyone else experiencing getting triplets and twins? I've seen more born in the last 2 days than in 2 years, this can't be coincidence. Did they tweak it to make them more likely?
    One of mine has an annoying glitch where the animation for playing in a dresser or cabinet sticks to them, they have a cloud constantly round their head.

I honestly think the devs want us to experience the infant stage full blown out 😂
    4Wv5dIG.jpg
  • Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    Edit I already asked elsewhere but if this is how it is meant to be wanted to use it again.
    I suppose it could be a glitch, and if so I hope it is never fixed but has anyone been playing rotational and noticed when they get back to infants they hadn't played with they seem to have a boost in learning skills? Almost like the sims were taking care of them while you weren't around? Cause I left one of my couples alone and their baby is way behind in age one of my new toddlers but she is just snagging milestones.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    AprilDawnAprilDawn Posts: 795 Member
    I aged down Agnes Crumplebottom and married her to an Eric Darling I created and they have a sunny girl infant - it was all going so easy until the earthquake lot trait went off and the poor wee thing was so scared she could not sleep for quite awhile! I am loving the infants - they are so cute - I like to watch them toss and turn in their crib! Just wish they did not have to sleep so much - hardly seem to have much time with them before they have to nap again.
  • Options
    SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,129 Member
    At first, I was kind of underwhelmed with the base game infants. That was until my let's play household for the 7D Legacy challenge aged up. Now I like them a lot more. It was just my test family that I didn't enjoy.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel