Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Growing Together requires Win10?

SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,669 Member
I just noticed the game specs says that Windows 10 is required for this pack.

I'm on Win 8.1 - will that mean I can't get this pack? If someone on Win 8.1 will still purchase the pack, pls post here how it goes :)
Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg

Comments

• Options
    Serendipity38Serendipity38 Posts: 1,257 Member
    Uh oh...*Frowns hard* I'm running Sims 4 on a very old "dino" computer that's still running Windows 7!!!

I've already pre-ordered GrT, now I don't know what's going to happen when I try to download and play it tomorrow...?
  • Options
    Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 891 Member
    Now I am worried too, I have Windows 8.1 also.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,562 Member
    So glad, now, that my computer can't handle Windows 11. I would have switched to that one. Instead, I still have Windows 10, which by the way I hate. But, now it's not so bad, right? If you're concerned you might want to talk to Tech about it.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    So we might be quite many then... interesting. My app is still preparing for the pach, I suddenly wonder whether also the patch might want Win10...

One should think the App was intelligent enough to give us a wink if our systems are not up to it...
  • Options
    The patch didn't give me any problems, I haven't ordered it yet, now I am going to wait to see if anyone else has problems. I hope not, Every other pack up to now has been compatible with windows 8.1.
  • Options
    Perhaps it says Win 10 in the specs because there is no longer support for older versions. Let's hope it's just the wording, but will still work :)
  • Options
    That is what I am hoping too.
  • Options
    Serendipity38Serendipity38 Posts: 1,257 Member
    Perhaps it says Win 10 in the specs because there is no longer support for older versions. Let's hope it's just the wording, but will still work :)

I really, really hope you're right @Simmerville !

• Options
    EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 7,333 EA Community Manager
    Hey all,

This Seems to just be mirroring the min spec of the base game. Base game "requires" Windows 10 as of October of 2022.

Your mileage may vary, but it may be time to update to Windows 10 if you're able.
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    You can check your system and performance here:

https://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri

I just did it and it let me know I needed to update my graphics card. But other than that, my computer checks out
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,719 Member
    Even if it will work, Windows 7 and 8 are no longer supported by Microsoft so it's really not recommended to keep using them.
  • Options
    lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,095 Member
    What logion said. Windows has moved on and so has EA. There comes a point where it's inevitable.

In the past they've catered to old machines long enough that it was a detriment to newer ones. I sympathize with players who have older machines, but if a company wants to stay competitive in tech they have to keep moving forward.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01