Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Where to pop the question?

My sims are slowly getting ready for the infant update. I want to get them married first. But where should my sim propose to her boyfriend? Yes, she will be the one to propose to him.

She is Callisto, a spellcaster born in game and currently working her way through all the aspirations (53 aspirations completed at this point). He is Kiyoshi Ito from Mt Komorebi. He is currently an adult with a university degree and he has become a werewolf.
aNONdAR.png
They have been a couple since they were teens. Together they went through university , climbed Mt Komorebi and explored the selvadorada jungle. I was thinking about proposing on a special location where they have been before like the top of Mt Komorebi or near the waterfalls in selvadorada. But where do you guys like your sims to propose?

Comments

• Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    I like a good scenic view, but I also like it to be a location that's meaningful to that particular couple. (First date, first vacation away together, etc.) It sounds like your top two choices check off both of those boxes. Or if there's anywhere special they liked to go in university (other than hanging out in the dorms!), that might be a nice sentimental choice, too, though perhaps not quite as picturesque.

If you plan on taking pictures and having them reminisce about them later, I think it's also nice to use a location that will give a positive or romantic moodlet. I know the waterfalls in Selvadorada will do that, but I still haven't made it to the top of Mt. K., so I'm not sure about that.
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,457 Member
    Personally I’d choose the rock precipice in the Selvadoradan jungle, the one that juts out from the mountain with the freezer bunny carved into the floor where the Trees of Emotions grow!
    Perfect vista all ‘round & an excellent spot for popping the famous question.
    Plus, Kiyoshi wouldn’t DARE reject Callisto’s proposal…what if he gets too close to the edge and ‘accidentally’ slips?! 😈
  • HavenRoseHavenRose Posts: 322 Member
    Either of those spots would be perfect. For me, though, those specific adventures would be once in a lifetime things that I wouldn't want to recreate just for a proposal (but if that fits their lives, go for it!). Instead, I'd consider sending them to a new special vacation destination with the goal to set up a romantic proposal for them, since they seem like an adventurous couple.

Or, I'd send them to Mt. Komorebi/Selvadora again but pick a more readily accessible, but equally scenic spot. One of my favorite proposals was during the Festival of Light. I had the couple make a wish together, then sent them onto the bridge where he proposed with the river all lit up behind them. If I were going to send them to Selvadora, I'd have them get a rental on the jungle side for a long romantic weekend. I'd do the proposal right at the beginning of the trailhead with all the ruins in the background.

I took a peek back at other old proposals, and it's hard to go wrong with bridges or waterfalls. Those are always very scenic spots.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    edited March 2023
    how about the light house that came with cats and dogs
    or the glade that came in base game or the mine shaft that came in base game
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,116 Member
    If it was my game, the bathroom at the local club will do...
  • EleriEleri Posts: 545 Member
    HavenRose wrote: »
    For me, though, those specific adventures would be once in a lifetime things that I wouldn't want to recreate just for a proposal (but if that fits their lives, go for it!). Instead, I'd consider sending them to a new special vacation destination with the goal to set up a romantic proposal for them, since they seem like an adventurous couple.

I feel that way about proposing on the top of Mount Komorebi, it just wouldn't be the same the second time around. I don't agree about the waterfalls in Selvadorada. Although you do have to hack your way through one barrier, it's not the same as going all the way to the temples. Maybe this is because I often play Selvadorada as a relaxing vacation, rather than taking full advantage of the adventure features. If I'm playing a couple, it's not unusual for me to send them to the waterfalls as a part of their sight-seeing. To me it would pay tribute to their previous adventure, without trying to recreate the whole thing.
    -No, my almost-elderly mother, I don't think it's a good time for you to try for a baby.
    -Yes, person I barely know, you have my blessing to hang out with Johnny Zest.
    -No person with the mean, hot-headed and self-absorbed traits, I don't think you should get married.
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,422 Member
    @Amapola76 I didn't think about the reminisce feature. I honestly never used it. But like you said I want to go to a place that feels special to my sims.

@CAPTAIN_NXR7 I don't know how sims propose in your game but I am actually going for a marriage, not murder ;)

@HavenRose and @Eleri the two locations I was thinking about do require a bit of work to get to, especially the mountain top. The jungle is not that hard to get to but requires a vacation. My sims already have fond memories about those places, maybe that is why I am looking for another option. I like the festival of lights suggestion. Both of my sims grew up in the Komorebi world so it would feel like coming home but at the same time special due to the festival.

@comicsforlife nice suggestions. I think I might use them in the future for other couples.

@Nate_Whiplash1 this sounds like the usual routine in my game. But this time around I am looking for something a bit more special
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,961 Member
    A nice sunset over the water sounds good to me, either in Sulani or Tartosa, maybe if they have collected relics you could place some of their relics around them.
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,422 Member
    Callisto finally popped the question. They went to the festival of light like @HavenRose suggested. But I will keep the other suggestions in mind for future proposals. So thanks for everyone who brought up a location.
    NJ4w6nM.png
    nV53We0.png
  • manicobsessivemanicobsessive Posts: 1,109 Member
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    Callisto finally popped the question. They went to the festival of light like @HavenRose suggested. But I will keep the other suggestions in mind for future proposals. So thanks for everyone who brought up a location.
    NJ4w6nM.png
    nV53We0.png

Oh that's so pretty with the lanterns on the water! I love it. <3
  • RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,847 Member
    ah that's really nice sometimes coming back to sims over and over you just find those that need something special.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • HavenRoseHavenRose Posts: 322 Member
    Awww, how sweet! That was exactly the spot I had in mind - so romantic.