Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I hope Sims 5 looks like this

FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
I want Sims 5 to be open world and have a beach town, similar to this trailer and Sims 3.
https://youtu.be/ZNhV-Gnjdy8

k2ad9bky4scv.jpeg
a256aFi.gif

Comments

• ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    It would be crazy to not have an open world in a game made in 2023 but I thought the same thing in 2014 with Sims 4.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,104 Member
    Open world isn't a deal breaker for me, but I know a lot of people want it. As long as it's done better than Sims 3, it could be cool. I skipped Sims 3, so went from Sims 2 to Sims 4 - well, I play both actually lol. Marry those two games, add some requested features, update everything to 2023+ standards, and they might have a winner.
  • MsMayMsMay Posts: 440 Member
    I don’t mind having an open world as longer the game function & run smoothly. I‘m hope the sims 5 will evolve then the sims 3 with better graphics, better art styles, & bring back missing features (Create A World, Edit lots or Edit Household, decorations world, & etc.) are not in the sims 4 base game.
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    I want Sims 5 to be open world and have a beach town, similar to this trailer and Sims 3.

k2ad9bky4scv.jpeg

I am liking the development of Life by You and I like it more than Paralives in which I do not care for the artwork too much but Life by You artwork is similar to the Sims 2 and 3 but more enhanced and if that video is true to how it looks or play, I am there day one. :):)
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    Goldmoldar wrote: »

k2ad9bky4scv.jpeg

I am liking the development of Life by You and I like it more than Paralives in which I do not care for the artwork too much but Life by You artwork is similar to the Sims 2 and 3 but more enhanced and if that video is true to how it looks or play, I am there day one. :):)

Me too especially if we can create our own worlds like in Sims 3
    a256aFi.gif
  • ZazzyKittynZazzyKittyn Posts: 367 Member
    I believe that Humble worked on both TS2 and TS3 not sure if he worked on TS1
  • WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,104 Member
    edited March 2023
    I would love to have an open world town where you can move freely without loading screens. Also I want places for Sims to do something, like a cinema, a cafe and a grocery store.
    Announcement-Event_-Life-by-You-1-36-screenshot-1024x576.jpg
    Paradox-Announcement-Show-2023-17-57-screenshot.jpg
    a256aFi.gif
  • DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,661 Member
    edited March 2023
    I would love to have an open world town where you can move freely without loading screens. Also I want places for Sims to do something, like a cinema, a cafe and a grocery store.

I really want grocery stores and live in businesses. A bakery, dress shop, or an art gallery with an upstairs apartment or a Bed and Breakfast would be a lot of fun. A jewelry shop where sims could buy stuff that would then appear in their CAS would be amazing. Even the dress shop/clothier idea would be fun if the outfits your sim bought there turned up in their CAS or closet. The jewelry store idea could include functional jewelry boxes in BB.

If we get open worlds and cars a car dealership could be interesting too. Kind of like when we went to the curio shop in TS3 and shopped for things like potions and the selection was always changing. Or the vendor tables in Selvadorado or the flea markets in San Myshuno.
  • simmeroriginsimmerorigin Posts: 1,370 Member
    I hope Rene has better lighting and fewer pastel greens and blues. I'm tired of the Sims 4 "Disney" look.

My ideal:

qx47tclf6z5z.png
    21fus34govp0.png
    e3s8x9dp5z4x.png
    He/him | Simmer since Sims 1 | Active Sims 2 wants-based rotational player, Sims 3 legacy player | My gameplay rules via PleasantSims | Bring back challenge and depth to the Sims: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17959464/#Comment_17959464
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,708 Member
    That's a bit dark for me. One reason why my game is mostly set for spring and summer. It would be wonderful if we could adjust the environmental lighting in game.
  • telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    It's too overwhelming brown to me. We vacation in Hilton Head, and while I appreciate the cohesive look of the browns and tans there, I don't think I would want that look everywhere. That's why we always enjoy side trips to more colorful places like Charleston and Savannah or Tybee Island.

I know color and graphics are subjective topics. We all like different things. For me, variety is a necessity. I like neighborhoods where every house has a different color scheme! That's why I hope we have choices so those who like like cream, tan, brown neighborhoods can have them, but I can have pinks, blues, and bright yellows.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    I'm noticing how crisp and realistic the shots are. Colors can be easily changed to taste.
    edited March 2023
    I'm noticing how crisp and realistic the shots are. Colors can be easily changed to taste.

Yes especially with the color wheel/ Workshop tool that comes in Sims 5. You could create a completely dark house or a colorful pastel one.

I really hope Sims 5 changes to an open world game with an open beach town similar to Sims 3. The formula is perfect.
    a256aFi.gif
  • kreatorakreatora Posts: 557 Member
    I think I will test this "Life by you". I will be delighted if this game will make in the style of TS2 in terms of gameplay. I will of course be testing the TS5 as well when it comes out and if the gameplay in the new Sims 5 they will make similar to Sims 4 and they will add multiplayer there, I will say goodbye to Sims with regret
    My ID Origin kreatora
    Hero on EA AHQ
  • bluzkat65bluzkat65 Posts: 483 Member

I really want grocery stores and live in businesses. A bakery, dress shop, or an art gallery with an upstairs apartment or a Bed and Breakfast would be a lot of fun. A jewelry shop where sims could buy stuff that would then appear in their CAS would be amazing. Even the dress shop/clothier idea would be fun if the outfits your sim bought there turned up in their CAS or closet. The jewelry store idea could include functional jewelry boxes in BB.

If we get open worlds and cars a car dealership could be interesting too. Kind of like when we went to the curio shop in TS3 and shopped for things like potions and the selection was always changing. Or the vendor tables in Selvadorado or the flea markets in San Myshuno.

Your ideas are awesome! I'm with you 100%!!! <3
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,525 Member
    edited March 2023
    I would be happy if Project Rene was structured like the Sims 4, made up of smaller neighborhoods that you can travel to, but each individual neighborhood is open.

You can travel to any lot in the neighborhood without a loading screen. But if you were in Willow Creek and you wanted to travel to Windenburg, you would have to go through a loading screen. That way we could have openness, but it would be less taxing on our computers. However, I don't want the neighborhood broken up in tiny sections of 2-5 lots. I want 12-15, so my neighborhoods can be served by community lots/spaces that I can build. Any fake homes should be on the perimeter. I want all my playable homes near each other.

I believe they should conceptually plan all neighborhoods in advance, (not in full detail) and determine their placement and distance.
    When they bring each one in the game, they should determine which sims you would see as visitors and pedestrians in the world, according to how far away the live from that world. In that way, you wouldn't see Nancy Landgraab in Sulani and in the next moment in Oasis Springs.

They should have to have some king of percentage for sims in the neighborhood.
    -70% Sims in homes and homeless sims assigned to that neighborhood.
    -25% Sims from nearby neighborhoods.
    -5% Sims from distant neighborhoods. (And you rarely see the same sim twice, unless they are close friends with someone living there)

Oh and this time plan for cars.
    The need to make a placeable driveway that lets you place it wherever you want on the street edge of the property and deforms the sidewalk to connect to the street.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • luvdasims55luvdasims55 Posts: 14,645 Member
    I'd like to see 5 continue the great graphics. Liked 4's CAS, but a color wheel or some way to create matching outfits is needed.

Definitely want to see an open world with CAW options and build tools that the creators and builders have been asking for for years. This includes bringing back vehicles to travel in.

Don't want to see:

1. Worlds with just a few lots.
    2. Subscription fees.
    3. Multiplayer.
    4. Loading screen everytime you travel from lot you are currently in.
    5. Apartments/buildings you can't improve to taste with a build tool.
    6. Forced to wear outfits that don't match.
    7. Packs that are of poor quality and have very little content which seems to be a rush job for a quick money grab.
    8. Problems with bugs everytime a new pack comes out.

I'm sure there are several other things that don't come to mind at the moment, but these issues have been beaten to death imo since the creation of 4. So if the devs haven't gotten the message by now, it's on them.
    edited March 2023
    CK213 wrote: »
    I would be happy if Project Rene was structured like the Sims 4, made up of smaller neighborhoods that you can travel to, but each individual neighborhood is open.

I would be extremely disappointed if that happens!

I want Sims 3‘s big open world towns to return.
    EiRp5VvWkAM8L7h?format=jpg&name=large You can literally walk ANYWHERE and find collectibles like seashells, flowers, gemstones and butterflies in hidden places throughout the world. This collecting aspect was so much fun! In Sims 4 you don‘t need to search for collectibles since the worlds are SO SMALL.
    a256aFi.gif
  • ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    edited March 2023
    @CK213 I do like your idea of each world being open but a loading screen to visit a different place.

I’m not sure if I want one big world or a smaller one with a max of 15 lots. The smaller world would run better but it’s the exploring of the map that I like so much about TS3.
    Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • honeywitchhoneywitch Posts: 321 Member
    @DaniRose2143 @CK213 i love both of your ideas. definitely need everyday lots like grocery stores and live-in businesses would be amazing. i fully agree with open neighborhoods. that's the sweet spot for me - big and vibrant mixed used neighborhoods. there would be plenty of local residential and commercial lots so you wouldn't be faced with a loading screen just to grab a coffee and visit a friend.
  • MareahMareah Posts: 792 Member
    I would even be happy with semi-open worlds. Maybe each world could be divided into sections, with each section having a number of lots that can be loaded at the same time and accessed without loading screens. In The Sims 4, you only have one lot and the area surrounding it, which is not enough for me, especially since the open space around the lot is usually boring, like some park with a grill or something uninteresting like that. If you are going to limit me to one lot, at least let me edit the area around it so I can utilize it by adding objects. I know they might have prevented us from doing that so we would not overfill the space and cause lag, but hopefully there is some other design that could work because the way it is set up in The Sims 4 right now feels just too restricting.
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,525 Member

EiRp5VvWkAM8L7h?format=jpg&name=large You can literally walk ANYWHERE and find collectibles like seashells, flowers, gemstones and butterflies in hidden places throughout the world. This collecting aspect was so much fun! In Sims 4 you don‘t need to search for collectibles since the worlds are SO SMALL.

I would like that too, but I just simply doubt they will do it.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • luvdasims55luvdasims55 Posts: 14,645 Member
    I would love to see a big open world, but it would require a pretty good computer. So I doubt it will happen as well since EA seems to want people with low end computers to be able to handle their game.
  • simmeroriginsimmerorigin Posts: 1,370 Member
    edited June 2023

I would like that too, but I just simply doubt they will do it.

I want the game to have interconnected Towns. A "Town" would be Sims 3 size, but you can get expansion packs that add districts and expand the map. These expansions would create a type of interconnected world map made up of smaller towns.

The other adjacent town districts would not be simulated and open world, only the active town that you're in. But you would be able to take public transportation (e.g. a train) to travel to a different town with a short loading screen. This would then make you go to another Sims 3-size town.
    He/him | Simmer since Sims 1 | Active Sims 2 wants-based rotational player, Sims 3 legacy player | My gameplay rules via PleasantSims | Bring back challenge and depth to the Sims: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17959464/#Comment_17959464