Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are You Buying Growing Together?

Are You Buying Growing Together? 245 votes

Yes. Already Preordered.
28%
BluegayleChecksky3auroraael14Kamb64KHS12alexspoom13alan650111davidp0418AlexaiMartinvInvisibleaessimlish1SimMommy05AlrynnmcruddIsb917FigwitStrangerthanNyxLunaStarkokoro80 71 votes
Yes. Release day purchase.
19%
Akl500PCK213catmom1987IcewolfMichelleWJBAG521Colorist40PlayerSinger2010danacnbrettMi9shaoscarelanorbretonsnarkysimsgreydonnLustianiciamegan_mariaYamineHeartsLolaLuvsSimsSerendipity38Aavinaashcaitybee73 48 votes
Yes. Before April 27 to get the extra content.
22%
crocobauraKita5399Sara1010PCabelle1863Monet11SimpatsyannTheSpotted_CelemmeleCherryrose_xfreindlylolJestTruloubylouloualanmichael1goodcakebaker62DaiyuSimplyJenusualsuspectgraventhelanlynLecca 54 votes
Yes. Will wait for a sale..
8%
AbsafraginlootlylisamwittAnmirlaMariefoxprice83KLAlexisFroilmetmichallicaFreddyFox1234SelinaKylesEnkiSchmidtSheepilingSassieGrumpyGlowfishDaephenepink_coco10HandelChris_McSimsLilMoonJALcammeray552 20 votes
Maybe. Waiting for more info and gameplay reviews.
11%
BreeSashaGoth583DijktafoneSavorySagemitchiebanjoemereGracieO312bixtersAPottsfullspiralbenson2006Bhawkins0402ThriorJemmaTheSimmerfilipomelAkilLady_BalloraGlacierSnowSeashoreLiviaMr_MuffinTop 28 votes
No.
3%
sleekoduck87OldeseadoggePeralGrimlyFiendishNightwalkerArkanisHermioneSimsTheGrandTourFanpvrescue1 8 votes
Other
6%
simgirl1010Pegasysspice3CAPTAIN_NXR7LiELFDaniRose2143Chicklet453681logionCoconut27GordySimmingalKimmerEllupelluellumanicobsessivemightyspriteSimtoku 16 votes

Comments

• Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,056 Member
    Other
    I'm definitely getting it, but I'll wait and see the reviews and playthroughs to decide when. If we're getting another Cottage Living, I'll buy it way before April 27th.
    🐲🐲🐲🐲
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
    🐲🐲🐲🐲
  • Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,238 Member
    Yes. Already Preordered.
    Quite excited about this pack so couldn't resist. Tightened up the old budget and figured I deserved a treat for myself.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,829 Member
    I've been busy with RL and Hogwarts Legacy but I will be buying it at some point. :sweat_smile:
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 9,143 Member
    edited March 2023
    Other
    Yes
    I am just battle_ing myself about when and at what cost
    I just know I don't have patience for sale I need the family gameplay now but i keep trying to wait for sales and like is it really worth it tho when i be still buying like week after the limited offer ends on those limited items 😂

I really wanted HSY this year too though so that could help me wait sale like "if i wait i can have 2 packs" but idk

also dear lord do we even know what else they release this year to make me broke

then again mind you I do not even remember what HSY limited items were that i missed so like will i remember these either if i miss them is mystery

also I really want to not support the limited items agenda so like even if I would buy packs full price sometimes it quite frustrates me

whichever way it is I will buy this pack one mysterious day
    Post edited by Simmingal on
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 895 Member
    Absolutely yes, I want to buy on release, but may have to wait because of cash flow issues. But it is a definite buy for me.
  • Options
    KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,404 Member
    Other
    Yes, I will get it for sure, but I haven't preordered it yet. I will wait for the early access videos to see how it works before I do it, because I don't trust livestreams anymore. As soon as I'm convinced that it won't mess up everything I will buy it. It seems very promising. :)
  • Options
    jpsulsuldagdagjpsulsuldagdag Posts: 450 Member
    Will wait for reviews first. And I have to wait just in case I win something on Twitter giveaways :D
  • Options
    sinisterlemonssinisterlemons Posts: 16 Member
    Hoping to win from a giveaway, but will definitely purchase in time to receive the extra content if I don’t win.
  • Options
    Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
    Absolutely. It has the type of content that I love for my gameplay. But, I'm not preordering or buying on release day. I'm going on a trip on release day so it's better for me to wait until I've returned. Plus, I prefer to wait until we know what bugs ship with the pack.
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    Yes. Already Preordered.
    I pre-ordered after the announcement trailer.
  • Options
    BreeSashaBreeSasha Posts: 644 Member
    I was very interested after the 2.5 hour live stream but I think I still want to wait for early access content once the embargo is lifted.
    Check out my Youtube channel where I create life simulation gaming videos including content about the Sims 4! MellowGamerChick YT
  • Options
    MayaRose1138MayaRose1138 Posts: 1,798 Member
    I have plans for this so I’ll get it fairly early but after I make sure that it won’t break my game and that the mods I use are fixed.
  • Options
    Olalla1986Olalla1986 Posts: 286 Member
    I will wait for more in depth gameplay videos from creators and then decide if this pack is for me.

I’m not a huge family player so the kids activities don’t interest me really, but the new category of likes/dislikes and preferred sims personalities seems neat. Still I’m aware that Sims 4 tends to go from 0% to 200%. If this isn’t tuned well it could make getting friends and lovers a real nightmare. I don’t want a pack with another feature that I will need to turn off.

At this point I’m more excited for free patch (hopefully not game breaking this time) with science babies, because I’m currently playing with trans sim and before the stream I wanted her and her boyfriend to adopt a kid at some point, but now there will be new in-game option. Very happy. 😃
  • Options
    lanlynlanlyn Posts: 5,037 Member
    Yes, I'm getting the pack, but first I'll wait for basic mod updates and game hot fixes. As usual, I'm sure they'll be needed. But I'll definitely buy Growing Together before April 27th. I want that extra infant carrier. 😉
  • Options
    WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,118 Member
    If I don't win it, I'm hoping to purchase it on release day - unless I'm out of money, then it will be end of the month/beginning of April. :)
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,128 Member
    Yes. Will wait for a sale..
    There are a lot of things I liked, but I am trying to save money at the moment so it will be a sale purchase for sure.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,417 Member
    I want to say I'd buy it on release day because of all those dynamic systems that seem super cool, BUT sometimes they get things wrong and systems like that can end up being annoying. So I'd like to see at least some opinions before I buy the pack. Although on the other hand the feeling of annoyance can be very personal and eventually I can only find out about it myself anyway... so maybe a release day purchase depending on my mood.
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,516 Member
    edited March 2023
    Other
    My initial response would be a YES: Most of the gameplay objects I’ve seen so far will be very useful in a bunch of my stories.

What makes me hesitant to buying it is the family/ social dynamics system. This system could either make or break the way I play my game. Although I regard it as an essential gameplay component, I’m aware that Maxis tends to implement these kind of features in ways that could lead to getting bombarded by intrusive pop-ups and non-sensical situations.

I’m not sure if walk-through videos can help me make an informed decision (I’m sure they can, but I don’t like most…they are too loud and go too fast, whinge) or… I could just stop whinging and wait and see how this one plays out! 🫡
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,532 Member
    I am looking forward to this pack. I skipped high school years so the last EP for me was in summer 2021. I think this will be one of those packs that can change the game dynamics completely. I will wait a few days or weeks to see how mods are affected before updating and to get the sims in my game ready to start a family.
  • Options
    NightwalkerArkanisNightwalkerArkanis Posts: 272 Member
    edited March 2023
    No.
    Not at the moment, at least. I'm only hunting for Occults these days. And I haven't really heard of anything that I desperately want in my game from this pack.

I'm wary of that new family dynamic system (any system that is confined to a single pack, anyways), but if it shows itself to the best thing since the sliced bread and really give your sim families more depth, I reserve the right to change my mind down the road. But for now, I'm content to sit this one out.

What do we want to get rid of: The holiday bug, the constant showering and the weed glitch.
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,758 Member
    Other
    I'm not sure how much more I want to invest in The Sims 4, both time and money, because I feel that it's not giving me a lot back and the game feels really old now for me. I booted it up yesterday and I had forgotten how poorly the game actually runs compared to other games that I have played recently.

I feel that my sims have overstayed their welcome and I don't really have the patience to repeat everything that we have gone through with lifestyles, sentiments, wants & fears... I'm going to be honest, based on what we have seen from previous years, I am expecting this pack to be a disaster at launch and it feels like EA/Maxis have become too comfortable to improve this and I also don't want to experience the same things again, over and over again since 2014.

So I'm probably just going to watch this one from the back row, and see what happens. It's not a definitive "no, I will never buy this pack" it's more like, "I'm not sure." the issue is not with the actual pack, it's with the whole game and the fact that it's 8+ years old.
  • Options
    lovemy4slovemy4s Posts: 153 Member
    Yes. Already Preordered.
    Technically haven't preordered it yet but I will have it preordered before the pack is released. I usually preorder all the expansion packs and most of the game packs. However, this one is the one I am most excited about having my hands on. So much so that I am having a hard time going forward playing my game because the new elements in this game pack change so much. I want those milestones and memories for my family.
  • Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,437 Member
    Other
    Like with all things Sims 4, I will wait to see what bugs are in the pack at release.

I do think the new personality systems "sound" good, but since we saw next to nothing about how they actually work in the live stream and I'm EXTREMELY leery of anything the devs implement, it's a wait and see for me. They have a serious track record of overkill .... any system they add is at full max (and typically makes absolutely no sense for a good majority of the sims).

I don't need another system that I have to wait for a modder to fix and tune the system to behave in a realistic way (or shut it off).

Plus I'm EXTREMELY irritated by the fact this "enhanced personality" system is locked behind paid content, when the majority of simmers have been complaining and begging for better sims since the beginning. I feel like anything added that improves the way a sims behave and autonomous behavior is a CORE FEATURE and should have been in the game from the start, not locked behind a paywall so those people who can't afford another $40 pack is stuck with the horrid AI of the existing sims!

I also did not see a lot of new "stuff" for my sims to do that match my personal play style.

My sims are typically immortal (I play with aging off) and I normally only play a handful of families that have kids (and those are normally toddlers, because I have a toddler in my house in RL, so I'm used to that).

I don't care for playing kid sims and only do on a rare occasion. So them learning to ride bikes is not a big deal to me, them getting to have pillow fights is another mehhh for me.

Plus, I can't help but feel like they deliberately omitted these activities for kids to do when DU and HSY were released, because they had plans to add those abilities to this EP from the beginning to help entice people to buy.

I also know that I will never ever use that tree house either, it's too ginormous, I don't play on large lots.

And, I'm not really impressed by even more "game table" games .... why couldn't there have been shuffleboard or something like that instead for the elders. Is the power walk tied to this world? From the livestream I got that feeling it was since there's 3 new paths they can walk on.

Why are there no close by neighbors in the residential neighborhood? Instead there's like 5 houses in that block are fake.

I'm irritated by the amount of set dressing in this world that the devs felt were needed to created "their" vision, instead of allowing players to make the world their own. It will be another world that I never use besides possibly visiting for the splash pad, that's it.

The food stall and piano in the middle of the city is not an enticement for me to visit.

So yeah, overall impression for me personally is it's just ok.......just another movie set backdrop (like most worlds in TS4) for players to take pictures in and pretend there's stuff to do in the world.

I will get it eventually because I do like more BB/CAS items, but this pack didn't wow me.
  • Options
    Stina1701AStina1701A Posts: 1,185 Member
    edited March 2023
    I'm a completionist so yes, I will get this pack and I do want the extra content. Not looking forward to the expectant bugs and having to put my main save file on hold--as I am finally again starting to play it again--and then having to wait for a patch to fix it and/or fix mods to make it playable without breaking stuff.

I am not a huge family player as I prefer to play with the teen and up life-stages but I am a generational player so having something added for the younger generations appeal to me. I also hope there is something new for the elders. I haven't watched the live stream yet so I don't know much about this besides what the trailers have showed us. Besides, I like being surprised.
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 6,079 Member
    Other
    Yes, when any bugs that I'd find annoying have been fixed. :)