Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Scenarios where you wish you had Growing Together.

Or where you will get to use Growing Together.

I had a game scenario where Growing Together would have come in handy.
Michelle Brooks (AKA, Angry Girl) was finally having her back story played out.

Her mom moved in her boyfriend with them.
He didn't have a "job". He mainly worked odd jobs so his schedule was flexible.
06-20-22_5-11-24_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

Michelle did not like him at all, and she really hated his mischief pranks.
06-20-22_4-42-20_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

I certainly would have set their relationship to difficult.
It would have helped a lot and I might not have had to make things difficult as much as I had to.
06-20-22_4-42-31_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

He would hire a nanny for Michelle while her mother was at work and then go hang out at the local bar.
06-20-22_5-33-40_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

I would have set the mom's and the boyfriends relationship to Jokesters, because he was making life fun for her.
Which only infuriated Michelle even more because she hated his pranks.
06-20-22_11-53-36_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

She was also disgusted that her mother was totally blind to his nature.
He was too slick for her to have prove it, but she knew in her core that he was no good. Living with this made her become Angry Girl.
06-20-22_7-07-13_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

Growing Together would have made this much easier and I wouldn't have had to force the drama as much.
Out of all my sims, these were the ones with the drama, so I may have missed the drama boat for using Growing Together. I will have to look over my remaining sims and make new plans. :)
The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

Comments

• simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,703 Member
    Just do what @GalacticGal does when a new pack releases. :) Start them over again.

• TTNsimmerTTNsimmer Posts: 669 Member
    CK213 wrote: »

Michelle did not like him at all, and she really hated his mischief pranks.
    06-20-22_4-42-20_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

I certainly would have set their relationship to difficult.
    It would have helped a lot and I might not have had to make things difficult as much as I had to.
    06-20-22_4-42-31_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

He would hire a nanny for Michelle while her mother was at work and then go hang out at the local bar.
    06-20-22_5-33-40_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

I would have set the mom's and the boyfriends relationship to Jokesters, because he was making life fun for her.
    Which only infuriated Michelle even more because she hated his pranks.
    06-20-22_11-53-36_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

She was also disgusted that her mother was totally blind to his nature.
    He was too slick for her to have prove it, but she knew in her core that he was no good. Living with this made her become Angry Girl.
    06-20-22_7-07-13_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

Growing Together would have made this much easier and I wouldn't have had to force the drama as much.
    Out of all my sims, these were the ones with the drama, so I may have missed the drama boat for using Growing Together. I will have to look over my remaining sims and make new plans. :)

Boyfriends are not relatives though. Family Dynamics only work between relatives. The mom should marry the boyfriend.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,284 Member
    Just do what @GalacticGal does when a new pack releases. :) Start them over again.

Just for the record, I'm NOT starting all over for this one. At least that wasn't the intent, anyway. I took aging off and continued to play while the existing children remained their same age, to keep the distance between children the same as I wanted. I had no choice, once again but to start over. Lost my previous save in a silly, move I did to myself. I had no save! (Lord, save me from me.) In this new save, I also got to the finish line (IE the point where the couple only needed to wed) still near the top of February, making some other errors in doing so. To fill the time from there to the patch date, I restarted and am taking a much slower pace, as a result, sans the errors, thus far. However, with the probability mods will be busted with the upcoming Patch, Erik won't have a career, should I start all over again at that time.

But, yeah, sometimes restarting a family has its benefits. But, do be careful, it's also a HUGE trap.

You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,525 Member
    edited March 2023
    kostasmpi wrote: »
    CK213 wrote: »

Boyfriends are not relatives though. Family Dynamics only work between relatives. The mom should marry the boyfriend.

She did.
    The scenario is much longer than what is shown.
    06-21-22_2-51-27_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

Been there, done that. :D
    I have 24 sims in this world to rotate among, not to mention all their friends they will meet in Uni.
    New drama opps should pop up from them. Maybe Michelle will have drama with her daughter trying to raise her not to be as blind to manipulation as her mother had been.

Just for the record, I'm NOT starting all over for this one. At least that wasn't the intent, anyway. I took aging off and continued to play while the existing children remained their same age, to keep the distance between children the same as I wanted. I had no choice, once again but to start over. Lost my previous save in a silly, move I did to myself. I had no save! (Lord, save me from me.) In this new save, I also got to the finish line (IE the point where the couple only needed to wed) still near the top of February, making some other errors in doing so. To fill the time from there to the patch date, I restarted and am taking a much slower pace, as a result, sans the errors, thus far. However, with the probability mods will be busted with the upcoming Patch, Erik won't have a career, should I start all over again at that time.

But, yeah, sometimes restarting a family has its benefits. But, do be careful, it's also a HUGE trap.

I have restarted sims before and playing was better the second time.
    But I have delayed my sims so many times I have been playing the same sims since the first EP.

I want to move on to the next generation. :)
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,334 Member
    I cannot think of an ingame moment, but I in general every time I start a new family in CAS and the game insists that they all have at least a small green bar with each other. Being able to tell the game the exact family dynamics I have in mind for the characters will hopefully go a long way.
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,403 Member
    I wanted to get a new friend for my sim, but I couldn't because I wanted to use the compatibility feature from the pack to decide who she should befriend.
  • SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,307 Member
    I have a huge rotation that I've grown from four original starting households; some of the family lines are up to the sixth generation at this point. There are TONS of family and extended-family relationships that Growing Together will help. I expect I'll have to go through a lot of families and set things manually to reflect how I see them (for instance, I had an evil sim who had a difficult relationship with his daughter - to the point that as an adult he ended up provoking her until she died of anger. It would have been great to set that relationship in the actual game instead of keeping it in my head, so to speak).

I would consider starting over instead of basically retconning my rotation, but for whatever reason, I have never been able to make a new rotation stick. I set them up and plan them out and then I get bored after the first sim-week or so and forget about them. There's just the one that I keep coming back to again and again. I also have a legacy family that will benefit as well. One of the third-gen kids randomly grew up as as an evil, erratic snob, so hopefully GT will help add in some of the flavor that such a situation implies.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,284 Member
    My scenario, would be to have had Growing Together when I restarted my latest save. I could set my family's dynamics in CAS from the start. I suppose if the grandparents show up once Baby arrives, that might help me build their family dynamics through interactions. Don't know how much it will be affected in just five days (the amount of the stay, as pointed out in the livestream). Who knows, if I get frustrated enough, I may just … dare it say it? Dare I think it? Start all over again? :open_mouth: It shall be interesting to see how this plays out. I will be able to etch out dynamics between the siblings, as I intend to have them live together as before, once they graduate Uni. Until it's time for the others to fly the coop, as it were. Just thinking about it gives me a headache. LOL
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    Nothing too major. I have a huge rotational save, but I've had aging turned off from the beginning, and I have deliberately delayed progressing too far with certain... well, milestones... in hopes that we would eventually get something like this pack, along with some of other recent packs. So, very few babies born in game so far and even fewer aged up to toddlers, no children aged up, only one or two weddings, and very few deaths: all of the above mostly for households I don't care about as much.

If anything, I mildly regret proceeding with a few engagements for some of my favorite couples, because it would have been nice for them to have the milestone for that. But, at least they will have the milestones for their weddings!
  • DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    It's actually working out well for me in timing. I have one family where the heir and his high school sweetheart got pregnant 5 minutes after becoming YA (closest I could get to unexpected teen pregnancy without mods) and I gave the mother the hates children trait to simulate her being unhappy about her situation. It has barely had any impact except for her unhappiness at being pregnant. The daughter was raised by the grandparents basically, with occasional input from her father when he wasn't busy dancing or playing games (and that was mostly to play, not take care of or teach). Now the daughter just aged up to teen and I can set her relationship with her mother to difficult, her father to jokester and her grandparents to close, just the way I imagine it should turn out based on how I played her child and toddler stages.

There are other families I can us ethe dynamics with, but I make a lot of happy families with no drama. It will be nice to see my the drama I do imagine actually be supported by the game.
  • JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member
    edited March 2023
    My main sims are 3 sisters. I feel like they have unique relationships with each other and their own personality but that’s mostly in my head.

So I kinda wish I always had growing together. I honestly think this pack looks and sounds great and would have made every sims family I had better.

But the past is the past. I am starting over a brand new game especially for this pack and restarting my sims entirely from infants. But even then I wish I had it for their parents and grandparents story too! 😁
  • Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,943 Member
    I’ve got a young couple who are fairly recent university graduates (and newly married too) who I’m going to use as my infants/Growing Together testers. I’m planning for them to have a lot of kids, which will be utter chaos!
    With my main save, there aren’t going to be any babies for a while.
  • LSM36LSM36 Posts: 593 Member
    Hmmm Idk maybe the ones where I try to have harmonious polyamorous households. They are honestly a lot harder than the regular ones because I have to use mods and in-game conventions to make it work since they game only recognizes two-timing. If you just want to have happy relationships with multiple people or have multiple people in 1 relationship; it all falls apart so quickly.

Around the time of HSY, right before actually, I had made a sim. They weren't actually looking for a relationship in any way, shape, or form; and ended up in 3. Married all of them, and had kids with 2 of them. They all raised the kids together in Sulani. Everyone had various relationships with each other. Very kitchen table. Not everyone was romantically linked. But there were multiple situations happening with the parents. And they were all parents to the children, and all cared deeply for each other.

It was nice. But it would've been great to be able to define that better. I know that this pack won't fix anything with that family really until/unless polyamory gets updated into the game at some point. Rather than just having sims react to cheating, or having a "Player" trait. It would be cool to see how everything works if they updated things.

But we'd need the family tree update. Both for more mundane reasons, and these. Better representation of sexual attraction, romantic attraction, romantic propensity/style, and gender. And then this pack could deepen those relationships better.

Like obliviously it could deepen your two-parent household suburban 2.5 kid white picket fence type sim family as well. But when the prompt was what family of mine do I think this could really help, I thought of that one. I've done one where it ended up very Old woman that lives in a shoe. Tons of kids running around with one parent in the house, and their other parents in their own homes so I don't have to manage them too. And this pack could adjust those relationships. But this family, this one would be really good. But I doubt the game would even recognize them as family :'(
    Check out my posts in the Ideas corner, and see the Simsverse living inside my head. :blush: