Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Game Pack Ideas for 2023 and beyond

I love game packs. What are some GP ideas you would like to see in the sims 4?

One idea-
Summer fun- Pool parties, expanded pool bb/cas like slides, volleyball etc. Beach house BB. Lemonade stands, town fair/festivals, surfing would be cool. A world with a swimmable ocean.

Comments

• MichelleWMichelleW Posts: 665 Member
    Lake living- The return of houseboats and expanded water activities. Pontoon boats for multiple sims, paddle boards, water trampolines. A world based around a large lake with 3-4 neighborhoods. One neighborhood would be the hub main wharf and marina area with boat rentals, lake side boat up bar with seafood tacos and corn hole. Lots for houseboats and a few commercial lots. Maybe a selfie museum. All the details, set dressing, etc.
    The remaining neighborhoods would have no set dressing, 2-3 visible lots each but also a few lots only unlocked through discovery by boat travel.
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,334 Member
    GP

- Pool Fun
    Pool party, pool noodle, diving for rings, volleyball etc.

- Heists
    Sims gather information about a museum (socializing, books, posing as visitors). The actual break-in could re-use the jungle adventure temple mechanics and offer cross-pack functionality with the detective career. Or super heroes infiltrating a villain's lair, if actively played burglaries violate the teen rating.

EP
    - Horses or, for a cuter spin, ponies.

- An arctic world. North pole scientific expedition or settling ice free-regions of Antarctica (due to mad science, aliens or climate change)

- Another urban world with a slum neighborhood. Could be a world pack (just the world, no new objects, CAS or gameplay).
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,431 Member
    I would absolutely love all that! Both ideas!

But, I know TS4 so I don't ever allow myself to wish for things like these. Besides they would probably just piecemeal it out into 4 different packs and still would have set dressing overkill for most things.

Rabbit hole this, rabbit hole that.

TS4 will never, ever be like TS3 as far GPs or EPs go for the amount of activities and objects we got in TS3 packs. TS4 does a lot of on-screen UI programming and excel at pop-up notifications (not animated activities).

So while I would love all of these activities, I don't expect it to ever happen.

• AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,061 Member
    I'm crossing my fingers for a futuristic gamepack.

One that gives us a livable alien-type of world (Sixam would be great), futuristic sci-fi CAS and BB items, hoverboards, and a rework of the current in-game aliens.

Either that, or a gamepack that goes in the opposite direction: Medieval - a livable historical world with pirate ships, nobles, scallywag sword fights, etc.
    My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • HahcbeachwavesHahcbeachwaves Posts: 121 Member
    Mini worlds kits

Since I doubt kits are going anywhere I think mini worlds would be great for those of us looking for more space for our sims to live or more places for them to go and visit that we can put more of our own touch on . I’m thinking 2-5 empty lots that have minimal / no set dressing and are based on countries outside of the United States .. examples being : France , Greece ,Kenya, Sweden , El Salvador, Iceland, Uganda, Portugal,Ireland etc.
    and just a few build buy items common to that country.. examples being: roofing, siding , plants/ trees, windows, rugs, curtains, doors, flooring, foods, signage etc.

Think Newcrest but on a much smaller scale .
  • lovemy4slovemy4s Posts: 153 Member
    I'm crossing my fingers for a futuristic gamepack.

One that gives us a livable alien-type of world (Sixam would be great), futuristic sci-fi CAS and BB items, hoverboards, and a rework of the current in-game aliens.

Either that, or a gamepack that goes in the opposite direction: Medieval - a livable historical world with pirate ships, nobles, scallywag sword fights, etc.

I could see them possibly doing a future world like they did in 3. I believe that was the last major expansion pack before they moved onto 4. I would give up a kidney to have a medieval world. However, it would have to be done like 3 did. Found in gameplay through time travel, almost like a vacation world where all the townies stay dressed how they are suppose to but liveable.
  • Marycool33Marycool33 Posts: 151 Member
    all i want is a band game pack! i loved starting bands in TS3 and having sims perform songs together in TS2.
    it could come with electric guitars, bass guitars, drums, etc. and maybe even another city (because a lot of us are tired of suburban neighborhoods) with a new lot type for concerts

but maybe this is asking too much from a game pack :s
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,525 Member
    edited March 2023
    Quite a few things I still want, and I'm sure others will list them,
    but I really want a fashion modeling career and fashion show event so I can complete my fashion trilogy of Stylists/Fashion Photographer/Fashion Model.
    11-28-21_1-21-39_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

I created a custom modeling career, but it lacks the depth I want, and it probably will be broken with the next patch or two.
    06-24-22_8-16-01_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

I really did enjoy my test run of having sims from these three careers interact.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    There's a couple more game packs I want to see before Sims 4 ends though most of these themes could work with an expansion.

Cars: Patched in cars and a game pack to support them. I would love a 1950-1980s style world with a drive-in theater, a makeout spot your Sims could drive up to overlooking the town and a gas station + car repair shop lot... I would say racetrack, but this is Sims 4.

Bands: Total customization pick members from your own Sims or townies the genre of music they play and what instruments they use music type and pitch of singer.

Mall: Ability to open multiple store types all on one lot new game play objects to support it with every cas/buildbuild from this pack locked to those stores only purchasable there. Food courts movie theater and escalator are a must with this pack can throw in a mall cop too.

Martial Arts: No world 90% of this pack budget should go to animations this pack should get the spa day yoga treatment and then some.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • keebleezkeebleez Posts: 2 New Member
    I would really like to see an equestrian game pack in the Sims 4. Maybe this pack could be an addition to Cottage Living. I was thinking horse-back riding could be a great addition to the game, as well as being able to own horses, an arena, or stables. I think this game pack could add a lot to the game as well as bring a whole new community of people to Sims 4.
  • Brooke_67634Brooke_67634 Posts: 4 New Member
    I love the sims 4 very much and especially one of the new packs, Cottage Living, but I was hoping with this pack we could finally get horses in The Sims 4 as sims 3 had. I feel a great pack idea could be a new expansion pack for just horses. It could be called Equestrian life or something.

Equestrian life - I think for this pack you could either make it a gameplay pack that goes with cottage living (Kind of like Cats and Dogs and my first pets pack) or just its own expansion pack. We could get new furniture and maybe even a new world that could be a western cowboy theme or just a country world since not all horseback riding is cowboys. This would be great for sales as it would welcome a whole new community and they would all love to buy this. Especially if you made and addon to cottage living like you did to Cats and dogs and my first pets because then people would have to get both and then more money for the sims team.

I hope this idea can come to life soon as In would never stop playing the sims lol.
  • keebleezkeebleez Posts: 2 New Member
    > @Brooke_67634 said:
    > I love the sims 4 very much and especially one of the new packs, Cottage Living, but I was hoping with this pack we could finally get horses in The Sims 4 as sims 3 had. I feel a great pack idea could be a new expansion pack for just horses. It could be called Equestrian life or something.
    >
    > Equestrian life - I think for this pack you could either make it a gameplay pack that goes with cottage living (Kind of like Cats and Dogs and my first pets pack) or just its own expansion pack. We could get new furniture and maybe even a new world that could be a western cowboy theme or just a country world since not all horseback riding is cowboys. This would be great for sales as it would welcome a whole new community and they would all love to buy this. Especially if you made and addon to cottage living like you did to Cats and dogs and my first pets because then people would have to get both and then more money for the sims team.
    >
    > I hope this idea can come to life soon as In would never stop playing the sims lol.
  • Brooke_67634Brooke_67634 Posts: 4 New Member
    > @keebleez said:
    > I would really like to see an equestrian game pack in the Sims 4. Maybe this pack could be an addition to Cottage Living. I was thinking horse-back riding could be a great addition to the game, as well as being able to own horses, an arena, or stables. I think this game pack could add a lot to the game as well as bring a whole new community of people to Sims 4.

I love this idea its kind of like what I suggested. I truly hope the sims team will add horses
    > @keebleez said:
    > I would really like to see an equestrian game pack in the Sims 4. Maybe this pack could be an addition to Cottage Living. I was thinking horse-back riding could be a great addition to the game, as well as being able to own horses, an arena, or stables. I think this game pack could add a lot to the game as well as bring a whole new community of people to Sims 4.

I love this idea its kind of like what I suggested. I truly hope the sims team will add horses

There have been a lot of hints towards horses lately. I really hope we get a horses gamepack this summer.
    Mini worlds kits

Since I doubt kits are going anywhere I think mini worlds would be great for those of us looking for more space for our sims to live or more places for them to go and visit that we can put more of our own touch on . I’m thinking 2-5 empty lots that have minimal / no set dressing and are based on countries outside of the United States .. examples being : France , Greece ,Kenya, Sweden , El Salvador, Iceland, Uganda, Portugal,Ireland etc.
    and just a few build buy items common to that country.. examples being: roofing, siding , plants/ trees, windows, rugs, curtains, doors, flooring, foods, signage etc.

I've been hoping for a while now that ea would make world packs. Since stuff packs seem to be gone world packs could take that slot but I think 2-5 lots wouldn't be enough, even at a kit level. I would prefer something a little more like 3 neighborhoods with 5 or so lots each and some gameplay items that go along with the location.

I also think they should put out a create a world gamepack with a set number of worlds that players can customize and create. There could be different layouts to choose from so you can pick the number and sizes of lots then add set dressing as you prefer.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    MichelleW wrote: »
    Mini worlds kits

I've been hoping for a while now that ea would make world packs. Since stuff packs seem to be gone world packs could take that slot but I think 2-5 lots wouldn't be enough, even at a kit level. I would prefer something a little more like 3 neighborhoods with 5 or so lots each and some gameplay items that go along with the location.

I also think they should put out a create a world gamepack with a set number of worlds that players can customize and create. There could be different layouts to choose from so you can pick the number and sizes of lots then add set dressing as you prefer.

I'd be happy with a pack that lets us customize current worlds and save them as new worlds and possibility to add swimmable water to them.
  • lexus20lexus20 Posts: 1,302 Member
    I really want to see a Hotel/Resort game pack where you can manage a hotel/resort (or stay in one as a guest), as well as a hobby focused game pack, something like The Sims 2 Free Time.