Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Science Babies

1235...Next

Comments

• Options
    LSM36LSM36 Posts: 593 Member
    No science baby for the servos. Cyborg technology wasn't discovered yet :p

No science baby for the ghosts, the science isn't an occult science ?

So sad. You know we were gonna make our way over to trying that at some point. Maybe once we get fairies they can do some magic and make it happen ✨️
    Check out my posts in the Ideas corner, and see the Simsverse living inside my head. :blush:
  • Options
    greydonngreydonn Posts: 717 Member
    LSM36 wrote: »
    greydonn wrote: »
    LSM36 wrote: »
    greydonn wrote: »
    No, science babies are clones if you use the Have Science Baby as Single Sim option. If you have a science baby with two sims they shouldn't be clones.

Idk what happened everything I wrote disappeared 😕.

Basically I'm pretty sure science babies are just play with genetics like in CAS but giving them to you in baby form so you get the experience. Like how when the game first came out same-sex sims couldn't have children. The only work around was doing it through play with genetics and it'd be a kid already. This is back during the baby aging up to a child asap times.

Then they gave us the options to change who could get pregant/get others pregnant. And we suddenly had more options. And then they added more in gender and other options.

And we got toddlers. Now infants.
    I know clones came with GTW, but I never used them. So I honestly only recently saw more about them. And what I saw was the same sim over again.

This science baby thing seems to be play with genetics. Every time I've done that in CAS with 1 sim parent, I've gotten different kids. Not a sim that looks exactly like the parent sim. And the science babies I've seen in let's plays so far are also different, even when done with one parent.

(Oh I hate when my writing disappears it happens all too often :( )

That's exactly what I've seen and think too, up till the last part, but maybe something was glitched on my end. I just know that when I took my sim Leo to have a science baby as a single sim, 3/3 babies all aged up to look exactly like him. When my sim Onyx had a science baby with Father Winter the baby ended up looking like a combination of both.

Operating just off of memory, in James Turner's 7 infant challenge video all the infants looked identical to me too, and he was using the have a science baby as a single sim option. I can't remember if he ever aged the infants up to see if they looked like the starting sim.

I might need to test this new feature out more.

That's interesting bc I saw someone do an infant to teen one with all science babies and they all looked different, but obviously related. Multiple hair colors, and some different features though. I wonder if she edited them after, or if it depends?

I think she may have edited them after or had a mod installed. I tried having science babies as single sims with three different sims, and all the children were identical to their parents when aged up in CAS with some minor differences in the body. Or maybe I've been really lucky with clones which I'm completely fine with. :D New save with mods turned off though, so idk. Hopefully someone on twitter can ask the gurus.
    • Gen 25: Xanthe! >:)
    • She/Her.