Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Growing together expansion going to have 12 lots?

I recently saw that we are supposed to be getting 12 lots in growing together. 4 lots in each neighborhood. I’m curious, has a world map emerged yet so we can see where and how large the lots are?

Comments

• simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,701 Member
    No world map yet. Probably have to wait until the Livestream on Friday.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    There will be 4 neighborhoods in San Sequoia. ;)
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    SERVERFRA wrote: »

Is that confirmed by a SimGuru? They listed three neighbourhoods in the blog and confirmed on twitter that there will be 4 lots per neighbourhood, totaling 12 lots.

• Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,402 Member
    edited March 2023
    crocobaura wrote: »

Is that confirmed by a SimGuru? They listed three neighbourhoods in the blog and confirmed on twitter that there will be 4 lots per neighbourhood, totaling 12 lots.

12 lots in total with 4 lots per neighbourhood equals 3 neighbourhood. I think you are right about there being only 3 of them. EP worlds with 3 neighbourhoods seem to be the standard nowadays. Copperdale, Henford on Bagley, Mt Komorebi, evergreen harbour, britechester,... All have 3 neighbourhoods. This list is longer than I thought. The last EP world with more than 3 neighbourhoods was brindleton bay.
    Atreya33 wrote: »

12 lots in total with 4 lots per neighbourhood equals 3 neighbourhood. I think you are right about there being only 3 of them. EP worlds with 3 neighbourhoods seem to be the standard nowadays. Copperdale, Henford on Bagley, Mt Komorebi, evergreen harbour, britechester,... All have 3 neighbourhoods. This list is longer than I thought. The last EP world with more than 3 neighbourhoods was brindleton bay.

A fourth forest type neighbourhood would have been lovely though. The parks are nice but I was hoping to see a Sequoia forest.
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,933 Member
    Atreya33 wrote: »

A fourth forest type neighbourhood would have been lovely though. The parks are nice but I was hoping to see a Sequoia forest.

Yes. I love the forests too ( like OR had ), but we may not have seen all of the neighborhoods yet, or possibly you can see them in the distance? We will find out soon. I am always up to new worlds for my sims though I would enjoy seeing them with a few more lots. I do appreciate that we are getting a new world with a pack that seems to have so much gsme play.
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    You know, Pixelade said recently that Sequoica looked huge and beautiful and he bet that the Devs had great fun building it. And I looked at all those empty shells and I thought, "But isn't it US who is supposed to have great fun building it?"
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,431 Member
    Loanet wrote: »
    You know, Pixelade said recently that Sequoica looked huge and beautiful and he bet that the Devs had great fun building it. And I looked at all those empty shells and I thought, "But isn't it US who is supposed to have great fun building it?"

If you were talking about any other Sims version, then I would say yes, yes it is!

But this is TS4 we're talking about. I've always said this is not the player's game, this is the dev's game and you either play how they want you to, or you go back to an earlier version.

I can't stand the limitations of this version, seriously. A big huge world with a ton of empty fake houses between the lots. Hateful!

They can make visually appealing worlds, I'll give them that. Just think if all of those fake houses were real lots we could build on! I'd be OK with even 1/2 of them being real lots. I don't mind the fake houses way off in the distance, but the fake houses and buildings in the in the neighborhoods and playable areas irk me to high heaven!

Did you see the "city" area? Literally there was a food stall and a piano out in the open, nothing else ...... Like a movie set ....just fake fake fake!

• RandomTokenCodeRandomTokenCode Posts: 184 Member
    edited March 2023

If you were talking about any other Sims version, then I would say yes, yes it is!

But this is TS4 we're talking about. I've always said this is not the player's game, this is the dev's game and you either play how they want you to, or you go back to an earlier version.

I can't stand the limitations of this version, seriously. A big huge world with a ton of empty fake houses between the lots. Hateful!

They can make visually appealing worlds, I'll give them that. Just think if all of those fake houses were real lots we could build on! I'd be OK with even 1/2 of them being real lots. I don't mind the fake houses way off in the distance, but the fake houses and buildings in the in the neighborhoods and playable areas irk me to high heaven!

Did you see the "city" area? Literally there was a food stall and a piano out in the open, nothing else ...... Like a movie set ....just fake fake fake!

I don't know why they are keen to make beautiful but useless shell buildings continuously. No interaction, No apartment. The holy fake statue wants to announce the sovereignty of the world. When they forsake functions, they just block the views and spoil the atmosphere which we can customize by our own building originally。
    I am disappointed that none of the marinas seemed to work like the one in Brindleton Bay or to moor the Sulani catamaran. And the only swimmable water has a resident crocodile in it.
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,402 Member

You are right about this being the dev's game when it comes to worlds. They create beautiful worlds but give us no options to make them our own.

It is a shame to have so many shell buildings in between lots. They determine how the world looks and force us to follow their style.

Also the worlds are so large that they feel empty with so few sims. It works for rural environments like Henford on Bagley but not for urban settings.
  • MichelleWMichelleW Posts: 665 Member
    The dev's create beautiful worlds infact I would happily invest in world packs centered around themed places from different locations worldwide BUT I also think they should give us the option to create our own worlds so we can have that opportunity to decide how worlds look as well.
  • MichelleWMichelleW Posts: 665 Member
    I'm happy to see no 20×15 lots and also several 50×40 and the 64×64 lot. More lots would have been nice and making the three lots in the lower left neighborhood 40×30 to allow for large family homes would have been better. Overall this world gets a meh from me so far but I think I just need to see more of it.
  • RapidRabidRabbitRapidRabidRabbit Posts: 134 Member
    I honestly don’t really mind the world size. It seems like they prioritized gameplay, so I’m just super excited for the actual gameplay portion. Besides, I’m of the opinion that not every pack necessitates a world (although, I would’ve loved a rural little American town like Riverview or Riverblossom Hills for Seasons), so the fact that we even got one is a fun little bonus.
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,933 Member
    edited March 2023
    I honestly don’t really mind the world size. It seems like they prioritized gameplay, so I’m just super excited for the actual gameplay portion. Besides, I’m of the opinion that not every pack necessitates a world (although, I would’ve loved a rural little American town like Riverview or Riverblossom Hills for Seasons), so the fact that we even got one is a fun little bonus.
    I actually feel like every pack does need a world, simply because the worlds in sims 4 are so small. But I am very happy with the amount of gameplay we are receiving in this pack. I am glad that we are not getting 20x15 size lots, although I would rather have an extra smaller couple of lots than the 64by64 lot personally, others may not agree. I know we all have our own ideas of what we would like to see. I would also love to see world packs we could buy. I hate to kick out the families in the packs, but the packs have so few lots, I would rather see less premade families and more open lots. I would have also loved to see apartments in this pack.
    edited March 2023
    I know not every lot can be 40x40, but even a few more starter 30x20 lots in these cities would be cool. And villages are filled with shells.

Worse than the Shell buildings is when there is deliberately empty space. In Werewolves, there is an area that has been 'deforested'. But if you go into Hidden Objects you will find that all of those tree stumps there are one large object. Remove it and there is a huge amount of space doing nothing. And Magnolia Promenade from Get To Work has a mere 4 lots, when there must be room for 6 at least.

In other packs there's wide open plains where you can go for walks with your dog or your significant other.

We don't need 'bigger' worlds. We want to better use the space with do have!

*Sighs* I'm not even sure if 12 lots is a lot, or we're just used to small numbers of lots. The Devs do so much building in their worlds that you risk your own creations looking horribly out of place.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    I'm very happy for the new world. ;)
    I'm actually putting off having babies in my household right now until the expansion comes out.