Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Reputation - only good?

In my game I have been taking notes on how the reputation system has affected my many sims. I never paid much atention to this, the only thing I noticed was that sims got a better reputation from taking a photo of others (mostly with the use of Photo Studio). Checking these stats, I find that about 10-15 sims have the "Great reputation" and about 5 have the "Pristine reputation".

But to my surprise nobody got the worst possible reputation, and only one sim has the "Aweful reputation" (no, we're not dropping any name, Judith)...

I now wonder what it takes to get the worst reputation? I have plenty of mean and evil sims, but some of them actually got a good reputation... Do the sim need to actively do negative socials on repeat?

How is this working in your game?
Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg

Comments

• LarrikatevenLarrikateven Posts: 99 Member
    With one of my sims, I haven't gotten to the top of the terrible reputation side, but I'm about halfway there, if I remember correctly. He is in the criminal career and has a mischief aspiration, but he is in a large family so I don't give him the attention he deserves.

When I am focusing on him, I always have him use the Rude Introduction on people and I do tend to spam the negative socials when he captures someone in conversation. Right now he has five or six Sims that hate him, and of those, two are sworn enemies. I think he's gotten in fights with three of those Sims, too.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,805 Member
    You just need to do negative socials and interactions.

There's a list here.
    https://simscommunity.info/2019/02/18/ts4-gf-reputation-interactions/
  • EleriEleri Posts: 545 Member
    I think I've only had one or two atrocious sims in my game and they were pretty bad, getting into fights, not just the occasional rudeness now and then. If you leave sims completely to their own devices and never tell them what to do, their reputations are likely to be mild or neutral. I, on other hand, tend to play Sims as a happily-ever-after simulator, so I push my sims to engage in friendly socials because, in many cases, that helps them achieve their goals. So I end up with a lot of sims with great or pristine reputations. I don't find that it's actually harder to make a sim atrocious versus pristine. I just tend to direct them to nice socials more often than mean ones. You might be doing this too without realizing it.
    -No, my almost-elderly mother, I don't think it's a good time for you to try for a baby.
    -Yes, person I barely know, you have my blessing to hang out with Johnny Zest.
    -No person with the mean, hot-headed and self-absorbed traits, I don't think you should get married.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,452 Member
    My Global Superstar got a phone call telling him if he wasn't nicer to other Sims, he was in danger of losing his Pristine Reputation. I'm guessing from that, your Sim has to act mean to others? Erik is always nice, so the phone call left me dumbfounded, to be honest. LOL
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • CiralindeCiralinde Posts: 81 Member
    edited February 2023
    I wish reputation was a bit more nuanced. You do good socials, you get pristine reputation - you do mean stuff, you get the atrocious reputation. Sims that do both end up with nothing :/ it's like they're just not memorable enough? That doesn't make much sense to me. It's either devil or angel? What about our true neutrals?

Mean sims with the mischief/villain aspirations are going to have atrocious repuation rather easily, because they're actively directed to create a legion of enemies. But it doesn't really happen on its own, or because of more complex reasons.

Like If you want true evil, the villainous valentine is really shocking to play O: It was difficult to actively start breaking up couples.
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,404 Member
    edited March 2023
    This thread came to my mind while playing my game today. In my current family the mother is a vampire and she has awful reputation, near atrocious. She has gained it by drinking from sims and being seen. The father is a spellcaster with a Curse of Unwarranted Hostility which means other sims will randomly attack him - his reputation is atrocious. While both of these sims are supernatural, their reputation has gone bad without me purposefully trying to make it bad. So bad reputation is definitely a thing that can happen although it may not be very common.
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    musteni wrote: »
    The father is a spellcaster with a Curse of Unwarranted Hostility which means other sims will randomly attack him - his reputation is atrocious. While both of these sims are supernatural, their reputation has gone bad without me purposefully trying to make it bad. So bad reputation is definitely a thing that can happen although it may not be very common.

Yes, the same thing happened to one of my spellcasters, too. She would constantly get into public fights with NPCs that were started by them, not her, and her reputation was awful within days. She was also famous, though, so that might have added to it.

I've noticed that newly created sims in my game usually start out with a slightly negative reputation for some reason.
  • lucombrelucombre Posts: 45 Member
    > @GrumpyGlowfish said:
    > I've noticed that newly created sims in my game usually start out with a slightly negative reputation for some reason.

I just recently got GF and all my sims started out with a slightly negative reputation - some of my Good, Cheerful sims were even getting those negative rep texts lol. That said, I prefer that to them starting off positive since it’s easier to go positive anyway.