Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Prison break?

EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
Something adorable happened in my game just now, but it also disrupted my plot a little. I'd love to hear everyone's opinions before I decide how to proceed.

The situation:
Gavin and two other sims from Newcrest are currently imprisoned in Oasis Springs, awaiting a trial for espionage.
Newcrest and Oasis Springs are part of different countries that both work on the same secret project, a permanent portal to Sixam. My sims trio tested the Newcrest portal, but interferences between the two networks caused them to appear in the Oasis Springs portal room. The two countries are neutral towards each other, maybe a tiny bit strained from Oasis Springs' Landgraab family having committed crimes in Newcrest.
Lorewise the prison is in the middle of nowhere, desert all around, heavy surveillance, equipped to keep the most advanced supernaturals in etc.

I played for three days and on the fourth a very grumpy Daniel, Gavin's husband, spawned in front of the prison. I took a screenshot and decided to ignore the incident. Friends of the prisoners had appeared in the neighborhood before and left again, that's just part of the way the game works and cannot be helped.
Daniel, however, wouldn't have anything of that. I focused on one of my other two sims, then zoomed the camera in on Gavin - only to find Daniel holding hands with him! Daniel had just walked into this super-secure secret prison as if it was nothing, intent on bringing his husband home. One of his speech bubbles even showed a a car - a getaway car maybe?
(Note: The front gate is open to allow the catering lady and a club representing more prisoners in. It's selectively locked for my prisoner trio.)

There are three possible scenarios I'd be willing to play:

- Daniel somehow learned where his husband was held, came prepared and got the prisoners out. A lot of his friend are cop and adventurer types, and I figure they could manage a regular prison break, although probably not on the scale of this desert camp. Also the alleged spies disappearing would only make them look even more suspicious.

- Daniel is hot-headed, he may have come alone and ill prepared, and as a result he got himself captured. One more prisoner and one more trial coming up.

- There's such a thing as visiting hour, maybe Daniel learned where his husband was held and was allowed in for a visit. With Gavin being suspected of being a spy I don't really see this, though.

Prison break? 31 votes

Succesful prison break
61%
crocobauraGalacticGalrudolphaStrangerthanJonathan777greydonntaydevphantasmkissGoofhead2MDianaSimscomicsforlifeSERVERFRALady_BalloraGordyAaleynFatTribble23HavenRosesinisterlemonsTiffers3383 19 votes
Unsuccesful prison break
32%
Kita5399Monet11elanorbretonkerryemmiebethmustenijswizzleIsharellmightyspriteJALEleri 10 votes
Just visiting hour
3%
WildIrishBanshee 1 vote
Other
3%
skip 1 vote

Comments

• Monet11Monet11 Posts: 1,422 Member
    Unsuccesful prison break

You said the prison is equipped to keep the most advanced supernaturals in. Is Daniel a supernatural?
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,020 Member
    Succesful prison break
    ANARCHY ANARCHY ANARCHY

Fight the power, Daniel!
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    Monet11 wrote: »
    You said the prison is equipped to keep the most advanced supernaturals in. Is Daniel a supernatural?

@Monet11 Yes, he's a werewolf with super speed. The other three are a spellcaster (alchemist), a grandmaster vampire (fortunately only capable of bat form, not mist form) and a human who can control animals (animal enthusiast trait). Truth be told most of the prison's defenses boild down to me saying "No, that doesn't work here", since the game has very few options to keep supernaturals restrained.
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,869 Member
    Unsuccesful prison break
    I feel like an unsuccessful prison break at first, or maybe a few of them, could make it really fun to have a successful one later :)
  • greydonngreydonn Posts: 717 Member
    Succesful prison break
    Prison break! :D
    • Gen 25: Xanthe! >:)
    • She/Her.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,544 Member
    Succesful prison break
    Based on your first scenario you mentioned being inclined toward, I think a successful prison break could branch itself off into myriads of sub-plots. They would, quite naturally, be on the run and maybe some close calls at being recaptured. Could be fun. :)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • FatTribble23FatTribble23 Posts: 846 Member
    Succesful prison break
    BOOM!

efN2K2M.gif

HcmCUds.jpg
    Life needs an undo button.
    Unsuccesful prison break

You've got to have a bad trial run before you succeed. Plus there's the bonus of marital friction for not being better prepared and not controlling the temper.
    "Succesful prison break" is winning and seeing this I realize that I'm not in favor. It would be such a waste of the jail lot and the npc prisoners to become useless after only four sim days.

@Monet11 and @mightysprite You're right, an unsuccesful prison break attempt now isn't mutually exclusive with a succesful one later. That's the route I'll be going.

@GalacticGal Indeed! The prison sits on the lot where the basegame park used to be, so the most likely scenario would be a couple of days desert survival followed by finding the old mine, the cave and eventually the second exit leading to the now abandoned Landgraab mansion. Plenty opportunities for close calls.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,381 Member
    Succesful prison break
    "Succesful prison break" is winning and seeing this I realize that I'm not in favor. It would be such a waste of the jail lot and the npc prisoners to become useless after only four sim days.

Maybe he's the career prisoner type, can't help getting back into jail.
    He's on a sightseeing tour :o

"Prison in San Myshuno was so-so, but I hear yours is open air? I must see this for myself! I Love the Outdoors, you know?"

(I loaded my game, it's tuesday and the plan, with now four prisoners, is to vote in "Energy saving", then wait for the blackout when all the drones and cameras go offline. In-story the "voting" represents a mix of persuasion, blackmail and favour trading with the goal to sabotage the surveillance network. Only influence points earned in jail can get spend for this, not the thousands my sims are sitting on from their regular lifes.)
    Unsuccesful prison break

He's on a sightseeing tour :o

"Prison in San Myshuno was so-so, but I hear yours is open air? I must see this for myself! I Love the Outdoors, you know?"

(I loaded my game, it's tuesday and the plan, with now four prisoners, is to vote in "Energy saving", then wait for the blackout when all the drones and cameras go offline. In-story the "voting" represents a mix of persuasion, blackmail and favour trading with the goal to sabotage the surveillance network. Only influence points earned in jail can get spend for this, not the thousands my sims are sitting on from their regular lifes.)

Nice.
  • phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
    Succesful prison break
    Prison-break now, then re-capture plus shakedown of the conspiracy later? Or vice-versa. The conspiracy begins a crumbling implosion, until letting the prisoners "escape" is the only way to cover things up and keep those in power where they are? I'm with you that a prison break alone is too clean, but so is proceeding smoothly to trial. Right? o.o
    4TJdLHA.png
    Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
    Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports
    An update:
    - There was some marital tension when Gavin (the vampire husband) flirted with a prisoner vampire, but they tided that over.
    - However, after the flirt and getting beaten up by the Daniel (the werewolf husband), said vampire prisoner grew bold, maybe a little too bold. He drank from another townie, specifically from the government agent who had arrested my sims. Now that agent is being held hostage by the prisoners - I added him to my household.
    - Meanwhile voting has begun and with 24 votes for Energy Saving I'm hopeful to succeed in my sabotage of the surveillance grid.