Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I'm on a diet and I'm bored...

GoodywoodGoodywood Posts: 4,615 Member
This is not a good combination for me. I eat when I get bored. :(

I'm on a diet, or better yet I should say I've changed my eating habits. I'm not eating any sugar and no fast foods, but I really could eat some chocolate or fries right now - that would cheer me up. lol But I can't have that because I'm trying to lose weight. It is hard to do, especially when you've reached a certain age.

I do have some fruit and was going to make a fruit bowl with apples, oranges, and blueberries but, honestly I want something like a sweet pastry or fast food. You know, the bad stuff. lol And I would love to have a diet Pepsi because that tends to calm my nerves, but I've stop drinking soda too.

I'm trying to stay busy atm. I was playing TS4 but honestly, I'm ready for the infants and the new EP (can't wait!). My game is pretty much on hold for now.

Anyway, my eating habits were pretty bad, but I am trying to do better. However, it is hard to do.

*goes back to hiding*
PLEASE FIX TEENS IN TS4! I NEED YOUNGER TEENS NOT YA TEENS! (^_^)Please add Music Bands with lead singers! Please add vehicles and garages! Vehicles have always been part of The Sims.

Comments

• Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    Congrats on eating better! It's always really hard at first. I changed my eating habits in 2017 and even till now I'm still struggling to keep it interesting. 😅 But I learned quite a lot along the way.

Here are some of my number 1 best "I-swear-by-these" tips:

Get yourself some Coke Zero (or any Zero sugar drinks). It feels really nice to drink something that doesn't add any calories and I think the sweetness will satisfy your cravings. The aftertaste wouldn't be the same as a normal Coke but it's not that bad once you get used to it.

It would probably be useful too if you know how to bake or cook from scratch. And use artificial sweeteners for the sugary stuff. I don't have much of a sweet tooth but I just recently discovered monk fruit sweetener with erythritol and it's a nice ingredient to have for when I want to bake something that's more sweet.

I like to bake rather than buying outside food. Outside food is just terrible. I bought some store bought sesame seed bagels and each piece has like 50g of carb in it. Absolutley ridiculous. I could make a donut with half of the carbs than that!! I really don't know what these people be putting in the food. 🤣 So yeah, I think it's really cool to be able to bake myself cuz I get to eat all these unhealthy sounding stuff like donuts and brownies, etc, but they're actually pretty low in carbs and fats cuz I take note of the nutritional information of the ingredients I use. But please don't be obsessed like me when it comes to tracking food. LOL.

Also, if you are not on a 'diet' diet, but rather just changing your eating habits, I would suggest that you have a day off a week for you to just relax and eat some "unhealthy" stuff. If you deprive yourself from eating your fav foods, this could cause you to be very stressed out and that's not good either! And you might end up binge eating.

Try to find healthier alternatives/substitutes to your fav foods. I think there are some keto (low carb) fries recipes using like almond flour or coconut flour. I tried the coconut flour one but they were a bit tedious to make so I'm trying to find other vegetable alternatives instead. 🙈 I recently found celery root at the grocery store that is said to be a good potato sub. I made Shepherd's pie with it and it's awesome. Maybe I might try to make them as fries next time. Or maybe try some other root veggie like turnip or something. LOL.

Anyways, I digress. Hahaa.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,964 Member
    edited February 2023
    As for cola I think honestly the best way out is to completely cut it off with soda & other fizzy/energy drinks for a while to regain control
    had worst addiction with that stuff in my teens (as in I would down one of those 1,5L bottles a day)
    luckily I got out of it and now I am mostly made of water with occassional cup or two of other beverage of choice

for me I found it worked with first replacing the soda with juice so i got off the caffeine and fizz
    and once i was used to that i switched the juice to no sugar juice
    and from there to just water

I suppose one could just change to water immediately but it would be lot harder to resist the " i want sweet drink" "i feel tired give me caffeine" when you are still on the sugar and caffeine high

if you want to be in complete control
    I also don't recommend just trying to do cola zero or whatever because that keeps the cola craving as you keep tasting similar but not the same thing therefore keeping you wanting it instead of the complete out of sight out of mind
    as for other food troubles though I do have some problems with that still :sweat_smile:

partly because I'm just bad at coming up with healthy (and cheap) food ideas when hungry

and indeed boredom/ watching netflix or whatever has me wanting to snack out of habit I can't seem to break unless i do not watch netflix or ever be bored

also I find I must have at least a little salty and sweet snack when i want it

otherwise i get cranky and it comes back to me at 3am in form of ridiculous uncontrollable binge snackathon

(i shouldn't even allow myself to be awake after midnight tbh I just turn into Gremlin after that hour)

as for diets though I don't think one should ever look at new eating habits as diet that can be ended when you lose x amount of weight since the weight will just be back once you stop

whichever choices are made you should probably try to make choices that you know you can maintain in long run
    and will be healthy to keep up with
    Post edited by Simmingal on
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    jpsulsuldagdagjpsulsuldagdag Posts: 450 Member
    same, I have bad eating habits. Do diet changes slowly over time. Don't rush it, unless a health professional says otherwise. Maybe you can try eating medium fries instead of big, and dark chocolate instead of milk. And then next week it's small fries, and then next week fries no more. lol at least that's what I'm trying hahah

for softdrinks, try coke zero but not everyday because it still contains sweeteners which aren't exactly good for our bodies. pepsi diet is fine too, maybe once a week will do. do it until you think it's ok to quit them until you lose the desired weight.

eat a lot of fiber foods as well, like apples and whole wheat bread. they make you less hungry.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member

I am of the opinion that we need sugar, even when dieting, it is the food for our brains. But we don't need large quantities of it, and instead of cake we could eat natural sugars in the form of sweet fruit like a ripe banana or date or a baked apple. Once you start reducing the amount of sugar you eat, you will naturally feel disgusted by things that taste too sweet, same as with too salty or too spicy food. Artificial sweeteners are bad for you because they don't really satisfy the need for sugar so you just crave more and you tend to eat more in the belief that it's not fattening. Fizzy drinks, coffee and acidic fruits and juices are bad for you when dieting because they just make you hungry. If you feel like snacking, you're better off snacking on proteins like nuts, meat, boiled eggs, or fresh fruit. You will know you are losing weight and burning stored fat when you stop craving carbohydrates and don't feel like snacking between meals. Also make sure you drink plenty of water, sometimes our bodies interpret thirst as being hungry. And get enough sleep, so you don't compensate lack of energy due to lack of sleep by eating or drinking energy drinks, you also don't eat when you sleep, so make sure to go to bed early to avoid the midnight snacks.
  • Options
    Shadow_AssassinShadow_Assassin Posts: 1,671 Member
    I heard that konjac noodles are suitable for weight loss, but long-term eating is prone to uneven nutrition. And konjac products may be rare in some areas.
    Entrance to the abyss
    sims.fandom.com/wiki/User:ShadeAssassin
    It's a scratch-off ticket
    There's a "_" in my usename. My usename is Shadow_Assassin, not ShadowAssassin or others

Sometimes it's not me who talks to you, it's machine translation

She/Her but you can call me as any pronouns
  • Options
    PatricePatrice Posts: 361 Member
    Hello Goodywood,

Airfryer! if you don't have one, please get one, i'm a diabetic, and i love my fries!
    and i can eat them without such guilt.
    Spring is coming! hold strong :)
  • Options
    edited February 2023
    I heard that konjac noodles are suitable for weight loss, but long-term eating is prone to uneven nutrition. And konjac products may be rare in some areas.

I love konjac noodles!! Great substitute for Asian noodle recipes cuz it feels similar to rice noodles. I still feel like it's not a totally great sub for pasta tho. 😅 My fav pasta/spaghetti sub is definitely zucchini. Zucchini bolognese or zucchini lasagna are the bomb dot com. And they're about half the calories of a normal pasta dish. 🤤🤤 I love volume eating (a huge amount of food but with little calories) so I guess that's why I don't feel the need to snack in between meals, which is another tip I would give for anyone who wants to lose weight. It's a game changer.
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    What a wonderful community! <3 Thank you all for the advice and support! <3 These are really helpful tips you guys left.

I use to drink zero sugar sodas all the time, so I am use to the taste. But I'm not sure if it is good for you. I do love soda though. It's one of the things that relaxes me. I was thinking about getting an air fryer, but not sure which one to get. I just want to lose weight and have more energy, because I'm tired of feeling down and I know it has something to do with how I eat.

I truly appreciate each of you guys comment, it is really encouraging for me. <3

PLEASE FIX TEENS IN TS4! I NEED YOUNGER TEENS NOT YA TEENS! (^_^)Please add Music Bands with lead singers! Please add vehicles and garages! Vehicles have always been part of The Sims.
  • Options
    Patrice wrote: »
    Hello Goodywood,

Airfryer! if you don't have one, please get one, i'm a diabetic, and i love my fries!
    and i can eat them without such guilt.
    Spring is coming! hold strong :)

@Patrice I have a question because my mom is a diabetic and we both are trying to eat better... Does eating potatoes raise your blood sugar?

DeKay wrote: »
    I love konjac noodles!! Great substitute for Asian noodle recipes cuz it feels similar to rice noodles. I still feel like it's not a totally great sub for pasta tho. 😅 My fav pasta/spaghetti sub is definitely zucchini. Zucchini bolognese or zucchini lasagna are the bomb dot com. And they're about half the calories of a normal pasta dish. 🤤🤤 I love volume eating (a huge amount of food but with little calories) so I guess that's why I don't feel the need to snack in between meals, which is another tip I would give for anyone who wants to lose weight. It's a game changer.

I've noticed your full course meals on the "last thing you ate" thread. I often wondered if you had a private chef. lol I wish I could cook these foods, but sometimes I don't feel up to cooking and running to get fast foods is the easiest thing to do or even eating a frozen meal. But I can't do that anymore if I want to change my eating habits.

• Options
    edited February 2023
    Goodywood wrote: »

DeKay wrote: »

I've noticed your full course meals on the "last thing you ate" thread. I often wondered if you had a private chef. lol I wish I could cook these foods, but sometimes I don't feel up to cooking and running to get fast foods is the easiest thing to do or even eating a frozen meal. But I can't do that anymore if I want to change my eating habits.

Ahh, I see. Yeah, I'm lucky enough to get my mom to cook for me during the weekdays, and then I do the baking side on Sunday. 😅 I don't know if you noticed but a lot of the times when I post on the thread, they're all the same food but I just mix and match the dishes. Cuz I do something like food prep so my mom and I would make the dishes and store them in the fridge and they could last a week. So mostly, you might only need to cook about 2-3 times a week. For example, for breakfast, I make overnight oats. I do 3 servings at once so it would last 3 days. :)
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,465 Member
    @Goodywood
    Sorry to hear that you’re struggling with your new eating habits.
    I think it’s important to keep your endorphin levels balanced and to not cut out all the fun stuff. It won’t do you any good in the long run. Dark chocolate (70% and up) is healthy at moderate intake and probably better than sodas and foods with artificial sweeteners.

You mentioned that you feel tired and down: Do you have the ability to exercise regularly, such as going for walks outside?
    Leaving the hiding place when we’re tired and down is often the last thing we want to do, but even a little bit of fresh air can help lift the mood and invigorate the body & spirit.
    Personally, spending time outdoors helps me stay inspired and gives me heaps of ideas for creative projects, including story development for the sims. Great way to curb that boredom! On the flip side, when I’m completely in the zone I tend to forget to eat, so that’s not ideal either! 😆

Have you ever heard of or tried intermittent fasting? This is not for everyone and if you have a medical condition such as diabetes, I’d recommend discussing this with your GP first. Intermittent fasting can however be incredibly effective for weight loss and might help you feel more energetic and healthy in general.
    It isn’t a diet though, it’s a life style choice, since you have to do this somewhat consistently to be able to experience the full benefits.
    Basically, you just eat normal, including treats (just not too many!) but only within a specific time window, e.g. 8 or 9 hours. Outside of that time window you eat nothing but drink plenty of water to keep yourself hydrated and to allow your system to regenerate. This is most effective during sleep. Tea or coffee is fine too as long as you don’t add milk and sugar.

I’ve been doing this for a couple of years now; I used to struggle a lot with my energy levels and with sleeping due to stress and eating inconsistently. All this triggered my anxiety up to a point at which I was too afraid to leave the house or walk into public buildings. When my energy levels were low, the anxiety peaked, and I figured I had to change some of my “bad” habits.

I typically don’t eat for an average of 16 hours, but when I do, I make sure to consume enough nutritious foods ( no processed business, mostly fresh) that will keep me energized for the day, as long as I don’t overeat (beginners mistake).
    It helps me sleep at night and during the day I’m usually bursting with energy and confidence, which is important, because my body craves physical activity. It also keeps me focused. Its like a daily, full body reset.
    I rarely break this pattern, but whenever I do for whatever reason ( usually social events such as Christmas dinners, meeting friends or family or having to attend weddings etc.) I feel myself become more sluggish and tired and listless or worse, grumpy.

You can never be too harsh on yourself though and allowing ourselves to feel guilty is not helpful at all, however, for me these “grumpy” feelings are always a reminder to get back on “schedule”.

Of course this is not a one fits all approach, our bodies have different needs, plus males do not experience the same challenges as females do and vice versa, but whichever approach you choose - and there’s plenty of good advice in this thread - I hope you will find one that works for you.

Good luck! 👍🏼

Also, all this talk about noodles and baking is making me very, very hungry. Thanks folks. 😆
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,964 Member
    edited February 2023
    I feel almost lucky that i had the worst life choice of surviving via noodles one year so it has given me permanent noodlehater trait

now whenever someone mentions noodle I get to be disgusted instead of hungry

now I wonder how long it would take to teach myself to be disgusted by cakes, pies and bread and chips and...

probably too long for that experiment to be as useful

I'd be dead by the time I had eaten myself sick of everything unhealthy 😂
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,465 Member
    @Simmingal we shall never be disgusted by cakes, pies, bread ‘n chips. Those are the very things worth living for. 😆
  • Options
    PatricePatrice Posts: 361 Member
    Hello Goodywood,

how are you? potatoes do have carbs, and they do raise your blood sugar.
    if you're interested, is there a way that we may private message each other?
    i can help you in any way that i can.

A simmer friend, my real
    life name is patty :) hope
    to hear back from you, have
    a great day :)
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    I'm in the same boat, but I am also trying fasting, which is really hard.
    I feel it's more addiction and habit driving me than the actual need to eat something.

What really helps me lose weight is to cut off eating after 5 PM.
    I try for 3 PM for my last meal, but it usually works out to 5.

I am trying to cut back on sugar, especially from Soda Pop.
    So I am substituting it with water and a little bit of fresh lemon juice, or a little bit of POM pomegranate juice with water.
    I am going to keep trying fasting even If I only manage to go one day without eating. I want to give my body time to clean up and repair cells before shoving more food into the system.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    I do the KETO off and on all the time. That way of eating helps me to not feel deprived because it has a lot of healthy fats, which makes you stay fuller. After a few days of not having sugar/carbs the cravings will ease off some.

I've never been a huge sweet food addict myself (mine has always been salty snacks), so when I do find myself wanting something "sweet" to eat, and fruit isn't cutting it, I keep sugar free jello in the house and top it with a dollop of light cool whip. It's a sweet treat with almost no carbs (2 carbs total).

When I want something salty, I either make pepperoni chips in the microwave or I'll snack on "Skinny Pop" popcorn. There's only 15 Carbs total (and 3 Fiber, which makes it 12 Carbs) for 3 1/2 Cups! That's a really decent size snack portion.

I also give myself a "cheat day" once a week, where I can eat anything I want, and refuse to feel guilty about. It gives me something to look forward through out the week and then I don't feel so deprived and envious. This way if there's a special event/holiday that week I can plan that to be my cheat day. I've done this for years. The only thing is you have to be diligent in going back to your "healthy eating habits" the day after your cheat day. LOL
  • Options
    TitaWorldTitaWorld Posts: 2 New Member
    I know I'm a bit late, but I wish you luck on your diet! as someone who's been struggling with dieting for years, I know how hard it can be to keep up with one. Almost everyone here has some good advice, but my advice to you is to start off by eating less and gradually change your diet to a more healthy one that you can maintain forever. Also, don't worry too much about losing weight fast, the weight will fall off over time. There's no need to rush it!
  • Options
    KitigeosimKitigeosim Posts: 29 Member
    I wish you the very best on your diet.
    I started a daily 16-8 intermittent fast and Keto diet.
    Eat in an 8 hour window and fast for 16.
    Not thinking of it as a diet par se but as a change to the way I eat.
    I have however cut out all sugar,carbs, Gluten and caffeine.
    Eat fish (which is yuck) lots of veggies.
    Started on Feb 1st and will next weigh myself on March 1st.
    I feel fabulous so far and am surprised at how little appetite or cravings I have.
    Before I started I was such a sugar junkie.
    Cakes, biscuits, Coke daily so to no longer have those cravings is magical.
    Tumblr - Sims gallery #Kitigeosim
    f14x9dwat3w1.jpg
  • Options
    simlish1simlish1 Posts: 2,738 Member
    Good luck with your diet!
    I was on a diet a few years ago and made the big mistake of cutting out sugar all together. It's not a smart move. I found decreasing the intake better than cutting it out all together as it made me miserable.
    I'm still trying to lose weight. I'm slowly cutting out the junk and I walked 130 miles last month. My clothes are falling off me lol
    Origin ID - eliselove1
    Four Seasons Properties

• Options
    Thank you guys! Thank you guys for sharing the details about your diet and eating habits, and also for giving me good advice.

• Options
    LuvtehGeeksLuvtehGeeks Posts: 1,663 Member
    Another alternative to soda is Mio, I love it, it comes in dozens of flavors with and without caffeine and none with sugar while increasing your water intake. I follow a fast that uses tea, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, lemon and raw honey. you can find the recipe on the net, it kills your appetite, flushes the fat from your liver and acts like a cleanse. I went 5 days on that fast and felt fabulous. My endocrinologist approved it for the 6/18 or even a couple days at a time at most. Some people have problems with the cinnamon's affect on their liver though.
    graphics-kisses-hugs-822976.gif
  • Options
    Deshong04Deshong04 Posts: 4,278 Member
    Based on what a nutritionist said when in class, she said, "It's not what you can't eat, you can eat anything you want, but in moderation." Otherwise there are important key words to take into account such as: Low-fat/Fat-free, Low sugar/Sugar-free/No Added Sugar, Low sodium/Sodium-free, whole wheat, no deep frying/frying or other unhealthy ways of cooking but boiling, baking, grilling, steaming are good, etc.

That class is where I also learned how to read the nutritional facts label and how important it is to know how much is in one serving. For example I have a bag of yogurt coated pretzels and the nutritional facts label reads:

About 18 Servings Per Container
    Serving size about 9 pieces (30g)
    ====================
    Amount per serving
    Calories 140
    ====================
    %Daily Value*

Total Fat 6g 9%
    Saturated Fat 5g 25%
    Trans Fat 0g
    Cholesterol 0mg 0%
    Sodium 190mg 8%
    Total Carbohydrate 22g 7%
    Dietary Fiber 1g 4%
    Total Sugars 14g
    Includes 13g Added Sugar 26%
    Protein 1g
    ====================
    Vitamin D 0mcg 0%
    Calcium 10 mg 0%
    Iron 0.4mg 2%
    Potassium 30mg 0%
    ====================
    *The % Daily Value (DV) tell you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.

Every 15g of Total Carbohydrate is equal to one carbohydrate. So for women it is generally acceptable to eat 3-4 carbohydrates per meal and for men 5-6 carbohydrates per meal. I'm sure depending on weight, height, exercise level and so forth those numbers of carbohydrates can change depending on each individual. So above at 22g of carbohydrates is about 1.5 or one and a half carbohydrates for 9 pretzels.

Though sometimes I don't eat a full serving and choose to instead eat half or about half of a serving depending on what else I want to eat that day since everything I eat adds up. Also, mostly I try to stick with foods and snacks that are both healthier and tasty because I'm very picky when it comes to flavor. Luckily I actually like brussel sprouts, cabbage, spinach, carrots, zucchini, cauliflower, broccoli, corn, green beans, etc. Especially when steamed...so delicious, lol. I also love rice but brown rice isn't so bad but not my favorite, rolled oats oatmeal with chia seeds, honey and mixed fruits, healthier cereals like Nature's Path Organic Flax Plus Pumpkin Raisin Crunch, and I don't mind egg substitutes which are a lot more healthier without the cholesterol. I've always liked the taste of rye bread and whole wheat isn't as bad as I thought.

Of course even with healthier alternatives, I usually don't overeat. But when I do get in those rare moods where I keep wanting to eat but I'm not really hungry then I keep drinking water and that solves that than unnecessary eating. Plus I read somewhere sometimes people can confuse being hungry with being thirsty so it doesn't hurt to make sure I'm hydrated. I try to only eat when I'm actually hungry. If I'm a little bit hungry but not enough to want to eat a full meal, I'll eat some fruit like watermelon, cantaloupe, banana, etc or drink a little of Naked smoothies if I haven't made my own. The good thing is that super markets usually sell in the frozen department frozen fruit to specifically use for smoothies, but fresh fruit is good too. But I prefer frozen because I don't always get around to making smoothies so quickly. And as a sweet treat sometimes I'll take my favorite vanilla ice cream and mix it with some mango puree...so delicious.

For anyone who wants to be successful at eating better and healthier needs to find what works best for them. There is no one size fits all. But I will say it is important to learn how to read a nutritional facts label and how much on a daily basis is the limit for each so as to not over intake what's unhealthy or healthy as too much of anything is not good.
    “What doesn't kill you makes you stronger
    Stand a little taller
    Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone
    What doesn't kill you makes a fighter
    Footsteps even lighter”
  • Options
    Deshong04 wrote: »
    Based on what a nutritionist said when in class, she said, "It's not what you can't eat, you can eat anything you want, but in moderation." Otherwise there are important key words to take into account such as: Low-fat/Fat-free, Low sugar/Sugar-free/No Added Sugar, Low sodium/Sodium-free, whole wheat, no deep frying/frying or other unhealthy ways of cooking but boiling, baking, grilling, steaming are good, etc.

That class is where I also learned how to read the nutritional facts label and how important it is to know how much is in one serving. For example I have a bag of yogurt coated pretzels and the nutritional facts label reads:

About 18 Servings Per Container
    Serving size about 9 pieces (30g)
    ====================
    Amount per serving
    Calories 140
    ====================
    %Daily Value*

Total Fat 6g 9%
    Saturated Fat 5g 25%
    Trans Fat 0g
    Cholesterol 0mg 0%
    Sodium 190mg 8%
    Total Carbohydrate 22g 7%
    Dietary Fiber 1g 4%
    Total Sugars 14g
    Includes 13g Added Sugar 26%
    Protein 1g
    ====================
    Vitamin D 0mcg 0%
    Calcium 10 mg 0%
    Iron 0.4mg 2%
    Potassium 30mg 0%
    ====================
    *The % Daily Value (DV) tell you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.

Every 15g of Total Carbohydrate is equal to one carbohydrate. So for women it is generally acceptable to eat 3-4 carbohydrates per meal and for men 5-6 carbohydrates per meal. I'm sure depending on weight, height, exercise level and so forth those numbers of carbohydrates can change depending on each individual. So above at 22g of carbohydrates is about 1.5 or one and a half carbohydrates for 9 pretzels.

Though sometimes I don't eat a full serving and choose to instead eat half or about half of a serving depending on what else I want to eat that day since everything I eat adds up. Also, mostly I try to stick with foods and snacks that are both healthier and tasty because I'm very picky when it comes to flavor. Luckily I actually like brussel sprouts, cabbage, spinach, carrots, zucchini, cauliflower, broccoli, corn, green beans, etc. Especially when steamed...so delicious, lol. I also love rice but brown rice isn't so bad but not my favorite, rolled oats oatmeal with chia seeds, honey and mixed fruits, healthier cereals like Nature's Path Organic Flax Plus Pumpkin Raisin Crunch, and I don't mind egg substitutes which are a lot more healthier without the cholesterol. I've always liked the taste of rye bread and whole wheat isn't as bad as I thought.

Of course even with healthier alternatives, I usually don't overeat. But when I do get in those rare moods where I keep wanting to eat but I'm not really hungry then I keep drinking water and that solves that than unnecessary eating. Plus I read somewhere sometimes people can confuse being hungry with being thirsty so it doesn't hurt to make sure I'm hydrated. I try to only eat when I'm actually hungry. If I'm a little bit hungry but not enough to want to eat a full meal, I'll eat some fruit like watermelon, cantaloupe, banana, etc or drink a little of Naked smoothies if I haven't made my own. The good thing is that super markets usually sell in the frozen department frozen fruit to specifically use for smoothies, but fresh fruit is good too. But I prefer frozen because I don't always get around to making smoothies so quickly. And as a sweet treat sometimes I'll take my favorite vanilla ice cream and mix it with some mango puree...so delicious.

For anyone who wants to be successful at eating better and healthier needs to find what works best for them. There is no one size fits all. But I will say it is important to learn how to read a nutritional facts label and how much on a daily basis is the limit for each so as to not over intake what's unhealthy or healthy as too much of anything is not good.

I used to read the nutritional labels but I don't anymore. I know I need to though.

I wish I ate as healthy as you do.

• Options
    Deshong04Deshong04 Posts: 4,278 Member
    Rome wasn't built in a day. It's a process that takes time. The journey is just as important as the destination.
    “What doesn't kill you makes you stronger
    Stand a little taller
    Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone
    What doesn't kill you makes a fighter
    Footsteps even lighter”