Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What things do you do to get your sim to get by?

My sim is a teenager squatter,

What I mean by this is she got kicked out of her parent's home and is living off the grid on a remote island. But she sneakily travels to Windenburg and snuck into Von Haunt Estate lives there. I went into build and removed the roped-off areas. So basically as if someone has just moved in without paying anything. Sleeps in the bed there, uses the kitchen and the fancy lounge, plays the piano.
People wander through sometimes, one even cooked a meal and left it out for her, which was great!
Of course when at school it bounces back to her lot. but its working for her

So what do your sims do to get by?

Comments

• crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,374 Member
    Your sim has good taste. I usually build apartments or hotel rooms above community lots so my sims have some place to stay while out travelling. Will have to try the Von Haunt estate once, will feel like those people who sleep at IKEA.
  • SmellincoffeeSmellincoffee Posts: 963 Member
    My favorite thing is accepting invitations to go to friends' houses, and then....just not leaving for a while. If the house doesn't have a large household, it's possible to cook, shower, and sleep without being fussed at if you time it when they're at work.
  • Lisamango0Lisamango0 Posts: 150 Member
    I place my sims on lots that are near parks/ big community centres, so they don't even have to leave the lot to eat or use the toilet.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    I actually get my sims to live away from the shell buildings & away from central town, unless they are actually living in the City that is. ;)
  • DivapixieDivapixie Posts: 63 Member
    I only worked this out a few minutes ago in an "I wonder if" moment. But you can sell stolen items in retail stores. I'm going to have fun with my klepto teens that have been "House sitting" a lot.
  • Alpi423Alpi423 Posts: 15 Member
    > @Divapixie said:
    > I only worked this out a few minutes ago in an "I wonder if" moment. But you can sell stolen items in retail stores. I'm going to have fun with my klepto teens that have been "House sitting" a lot.

Wait, that's actually so clever @Divapixie! I've never thought to do that. I always scavenge until they can afford a camera, than spam photos that sell for around 5 simoleons each until I can get them en easel.
  • Princess of Da'varhPrincess of Da'varh Posts: 344 Member
    Divapixie wrote: »
    I only worked this out a few minutes ago in an "I wonder if" moment. But you can sell stolen items in retail stores. I'm going to have fun with my klepto teens that have been "House sitting" a lot.

On one of my saves I have a Sim who does this. Her pocket money isn't enough for her so she's selling different bits and bobs along the way, hoping one day to become the Cat Burglar. She would steal dogs and be the Dog Burglar, but alas, she's allergic so Cat Burglar it is 🤣😂🤣