Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Badges?

I have decided to try to finish up some of these badges but I have a question: do we have to be logged in to get credit for completing them? I am never online when I play and I have noticed that I have already finished a few of these badges but haven't been credited for it so I'm wondering if you have to stay logged in to get credit for completing them? Does anyone else have any tips for completing them? Thanks <3

Comments

• KevinL5275KevinL5275 Posts: 2,489 Member
    Oh yes, you have to be logged in to get them.

Start here, and good luck!!

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/889717/achievement-thread-guide-on-how-to-achieve-them/p1

I'm a 48 year old married man, with a beautiful wife, a cat, and a simverted personality.My Sims 3 Pictures
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,908 Member
    Not all of the badges are available. Most are if you do them right. Others just happen without you knowing how that happened.

I find Sending sims to University and staying in a house with housemates can result in badges being awarded for things the housemates did.

The Island Paradise badges are a bit difficult to get. My video series 'The Isla Paradiso Bunch' started out with me trying to get the badges from IP. They completed all of them but most of the badges didn't get awarded. I did some research and the way points are awarded to sims in the household and the requirements of most of these badges meant it is almost impossible to get those badges with more than one sim in the household. I started a new Video series, 'Caroline and Friends', and Caroline did all of the badges again and she was successful in all of them. Now she's in a household of 8 sims and they are going for the University Life badges and any other badges they can get. THe sims in the household have a variety of traits as the traits can help.

I did another series to go for the 30 Grandchildren badge and failed. But I did a lot of things for the sake of the story that I knew would most likely stop the badge from being awarded.

Good luck with it.
  • StephStebStephSteb Posts: 2,271 Member
    Ok, I think I'm going to try but if it starts borking my game I might not finish all of them :D Thanks <3
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,908 Member
    edited February 2023
    StephSteb wrote: »
    Ok, I think I'm going to try but if it starts borking my game I might not finish all of them :D Thanks <3

They won’t break the game but you could waste your time if you’re only playing for the badges. Some badges broke with a patch. I can’t remember exactly the patch number but the badges are from Seasons. So it would have been a patch from after seasons. When I got my new computer in 2017 I got the badges by installing up to Seasons and patching up to the Seasons patch. Then after I got those badges I continued the installation and patched to 1.6? I don’t have Origin on my computer and forget the exact patch number I’m on.

The badge for having 15 children is easiest to do using a male sim with different females having some of his babies each.
  • BaronwynBaronwyn Posts: 15 Member
    Badges seem to hit at random while you're minding your own business... but I'll go after them later in my game. It's entertaining to see some of the badges you get, and for what!
  • polrbearpolrbear Posts: 939 Member
    I started to put some effort into gaining badges, but like you, I used to play a lot without logging in, and so now that I play logged in, it is sad to think of how many of those badges I technically already did.

Also, like Karritz mentioned, I also noticed after completing a few requirements that the badges are really temperamental, and so sometimes you complete the requirements for a badge and don't get it. I decided to just play the game for now, and if I really want to get a badge because the requirement sounds fun enough, then I'll do it. That way, at least if I don't get the badge, I had fun trying.
    I play Sims 2, Sims 3, Sims 4, and The Urbz: Sims in the City on gamecube and ds. Main Game: Sims 352033322186_3a08467dc6_o.png