Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can TS3 support several generations of rotational play?

I want to start posting Sims content on youtube, but I don't want to start a series and then run into corruption or a save error that breaks my neighborhood. I've seen people carry single-family legacies through several generations, but can the game handle doing it with a whole neighborhood? I plan on playing Sims 2 style where I keep inactive wishes locked, and it seems like that might cause some hefty lag. Plus, I remember reading a long time ago that TS3 bloats save files because whenever your sim visits another world for vacation or college, the game essentially creates a copy of that sim to move to a new place? This worries me because I was planning on using those non home worlds fairly regularly.

Any advice?

Comments

• cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    My best advice is to always use "save as" to save so that you reduce the chance of corruption from overwriting files. Then, always keep a backup from the last play with each family. Use family name and week number or whatever your rotation will be. Turn off automatic memories. Turn off auto spawning of occults and animals. Keep inventories to a minimum. Watch your file sizes and clear out the caches that grow huge during game play: For me, that would be the two compositor caches. I also delete all but the latest save and the most recent save before that as a backup.

I haven't played sims 2 style, so I can't say you won't run into bloat and a corrupted game over generations. Personally, I rarely send sims to other worlds because my sims will often get the jump bug where they wake up and jump out of bed before morning or before getting up to full energy. Just save before sending them and then go back to that save if needed.