Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Pick My Heir

KHS12KHS12 Posts: 3,023 Member

My legacy save file from 2015 that had over 30 generations finally died. The file got corrupted I'm assuming because I can't even download the families I saved to the Gallery- gives an error message with a big red X over the family icons :(

That said, I started a new legacy save file a few weeks ago and now the kids are finally adults in college, graduating soon, so I'll need to pick the next heir!

In order of oldest to youngest:

Wren:

Traits: Squeamish, Cheerful, Perfectionist

LTW: Neighborhood Confidante

Likes: Pink, Purple, Gray Colors/ Alternative, Cottagecore, and Japanese Folk Music/ Dancing and Fitness activities

She is also a Vampire.

Linus:

Traits: Jealous, Animal Enthusiast, Loyal

LTW: Country Caretaker

Likes: Blue, Brown, Yellow Colors/ Blues Music/ Fitness, Research and Debate, and Video Gaming activities

Dislikes: Cottagecore Music (With his LTW that makes me chuckle)

He is also a Werewolf.

Harlowe:

Traits: Overachiever, Loner, Music Lover

LTW: Master Actress

Likes: Pink, White, Purple, Blue, Gray Colors/ Alternative, Americana, and Latin Pop Music/ Fitness, Research and Debate, and Video Gaming (same as brother)

She is a Human/Non-Occult.

Post edited by KHS12 on

Pick My Heir 55 votes

Wren
29%
franka44021LuvtehGeeksphantasmkissemereLSM36jswizzleThriorhappyopiAmapola76DaepheneSimmingalamp107Darkshadow608HavenRoseHermioneSimsyumemitchi 16 votes
Linus
47%
TheSpotted_CStrangerthanMariefoxprice83cchant86barracuda1574MindofyDarkLady2788mitchiebanjogreydonnLadyKynEmmaVaneNinja-Dan22DoloresGreyEnkiSchmidtCementMDianaSimsPleaseMisterPostmanBlueR0secomicsforlifeAtreya33 26 votes
Harlowe
23%
grevilliablueColorist40kerryemmiebethsimgirl1010Seera1024SimmindipityjoleacoWildIrishBansheeAaleynFatTribble23Elerij_nellyLIL_Lilly 13 votes

Comments

• comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    Linus

Linus:

more for sim kids and more drama please
  • amp107amp107 Posts: 205 Member
    Wren

I vote Wren

0IzRxZE.jpg
  • Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    Wren

I'm so amused by the idea of a squeamish,cheerful, Japanese folk music-loving vampire that I just had to vote for Wren.

• EleriEleri Posts: 545 Member
    Harlowe

The Jealous trait is a huge challenge to deal with, so Linus is a hard no for me. I honestly like both Wren the chipper vampire and Harlowe the actress who wants to be alone (Greta Garbo much?).

-No, my almost-elderly mother, I don't think it's a good time for you to try for a baby.
    -Yes, person I barely know, you have my blessing to hang out with Johnny Zest.
    -No person with the mean, hot-headed and self-absorbed traits, I don't think you should get married.
  • BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,592 Member
    Linus

Linus or Harlowe.

• kerryemmiebethkerryemmiebeth Posts: 400 Member
    Harlowe
    I voted for Harlowe because the jealous trait is difficult to deal with and the squeamish one can be too. I am so sorry your save file died. 30 generations is an amazing achievement. I would love to just get to 10 but I think the closest I have got to that was in TS2 when I got to 8. I don't think I've made it past 4 or 5 in TS4. My plan for TS5 (whenever that will be) is to keep one dedicated save file from the very beginning that I will probably start off with my Simself and play it on a regular basis so that I can achieve a great legacy like yours. I hope I can manage it!
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,934 Member
    Wren
    Neihborhood confidante as vampire sounds fun

well now that i think of it werewolf being country caretaker is also rather amusing

I would probably just play them all and see where that leads me πŸ˜…
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion πŸ¦‡ Vlad Advocate πŸ‰ Team Dragons
    🏑 Gallery πŸ“– Stories 🌍 World Project πŸ₯” MOD/CC Free
  • Umbreon12Umbreon12 Posts: 881 Member
    Linus
    I chose Linus, having a werewolf heir would be different, and pretty interesting.
    However, your Vampire heir is pretty much immortal and would still be there for multiple generations.
  • WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    Harlowe
    I went with Harlowe - I like her name and her look.
  • manicobsessivemanicobsessive Posts: 1,107 Member
    Linus
    I like Linus. I love a bit of Cottage Living, and I like occults. :)
  • ThriorThrior Posts: 612 Member
    Wren
    I'm so amused by the idea of a squeamish,cheerful, Japanese folk music-loving vampire that I just had to vote for Wren.
    Exactly the same reasons why I voted for Wren. She seems really fun.

• KHS12KHS12 Posts: 3,023 Member
    edited February 2023
    I voted for Harlowe because the jealous trait is difficult to deal with and the squeamish one can be too. I am so sorry your save file died. 30 generations is an amazing achievement. I would love to just get to 10 but I think the closest I have got to that was in TS2 when I got to 8. I don't think I've made it past 4 or 5 in TS4. My plan for TS5 (whenever that will be) is to keep one dedicated save file from the very beginning that I will probably start off with my Simself and play it on a regular basis so that I can achieve a great legacy like yours. I hope I can manage it!

Thank you for the kind words! As long as I've played Sims (20 years or so), I've never successfully continued with a legacy save and always abandoned them. These Sims were just special for some reason, so it was easy to continue! It was a rookie mistake to not back up my save files when updating and I'm pretty lucky it wasn't corrupted earlier on :D
    Post edited by KHS12 on
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    Linus
    Curious to see how the Jealous trait plays with the Loyal trait, how a Werewolf's Fury is handled when Jealous and how a Werewolf gets along with livestock and wildlife...