Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Growing Together Negative Thread

Comments

• Lisamango0Lisamango0 Posts: 150 Member
    SheriSim57, I definitely love those addings, but i'm slightly disappointed about some 'regular' stuff not being added. The gameplay is amazing.
  • somewhsomesomewhsome Posts: 910 Member
    I've never posted in one of these threads before. I tried 3 times to have a science baby. It charged my sim the fee and sent her back home with nothing. So I gave her an infant in manage worlds. All it does is scream and cry. This is not fun in any way. I really wanted science babies but now I'm gonna just skip the whole thing and give my sims toddlers when they are ready to start a family.

To you have MCCC? It's a known bug with this mod.
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,227 Member
    edited March 2023
    I didn't find Sim Characteristics for these traits :
    • High Maintenance (Spa Day)
    • Unflirty (City Living)
    • Foodie
    • Maker (Eco Lifestyle)
    • Adventurous (Snowy Escape)
    • Child of the Islands (Island Living)
    • Child of the Ocean (Island Living)
    • Dance Machine (Get Together)
    • Erratic
    • Freegan (Eco Lifestyle)
    • Glutton
    • Green Fiend (Eco Lifestyle)
    • Lactose Intolerant (Cottage Living)
    • Overachiever (High School Years)
    • Recycle Disciple (Eco Lifestyle)
    • Squeamish (Outdoor Retreat)
    • Insider (Get Together)
    • Loyal
    • Paranoid (StrangerVille)
    • Party Animal (High School Years)
    • Proper (Snowy Escape)
    • Self-Absorbed (Get Famous)
    • Socially Awkward (High School Years)

I don't know what to think about the balance of the Sim Characteristics :
    • Active : 1 Positive / 1 Negative
    • Cheerful : 2 Positive / 1 Negative
    • Creative : 1 Positive / 1 Negative
    • Genius : 1 Positive / 1 Negative
    • Gloomy : 1 Positive / 2 Negative
    • Goofball : 2 Positive / 1 Negative
    • Hot-Headed : 2 Positive
    • Romantic : 1 Positive
    • Self-Assured : 1 Negative
    • Art Lover : 1 Positive
    • Bookworm : 2 Positive
    • Geek : 1 Positive
    • Music Lover : 1 Positive
    • Perfectionist : 1 Positive
    • Ambitious : 1 Positive / 1 Negative
    • Animal Enthusiast : 1 Positive
    • Cat Lover : 1 Positive
    • Childish : 1 Positive
    • Clumsy : 1 Positive
    • Dog Lover : 1 Positive
    • Kleptomaniac : 1 Positive
    • Lazy : 1 Positive / 2 Negative
    • Loves Outdoors : 1 Positive / 1 Negative
    • Materialistic : 1 Positive
    • Neat : 1 Positive
    • Slob : 1 Positive / 1 Negative
    • Snob : 1 Positive / 2 Negative
    • Vegetarian : 1 Positive
    • Bro : 1 Positive
    • Evil : 1 Positive / 2 Negative
    • Family-oriented : 1 Positive
    • Good : 1 Positive / 2 Negative
    • Hates Children : 1 Positive / 1 Negative
    • Jealous : 2 Positive
    • Loner : 1 Positive
    • Mean : 2 Positive
    • Noncommittal : 1 Positive / 1 Negative
    • Outgoing : 1 Positive

For example :
    Hot-headed + Bookworm + Jealous combo could collect up to 6 points.

Is that list based just on the descriptions in CAS? In the livestream the gurus clarified that only the base game traits were listed in the descriptions (since they had to suit all players) but traits from all existing packs (and lifestyles from SE) are taken into account for the relevant compatibilities. I suspect most of the pack traits you listed are actually covered, just not mentioned in the descriptions.

OK thank you.
    It doesn't tell which Sim Characteristics are assigned to these basegame traits : Foodie, Erratic, Glutton and Loyal.

I don't like when the game rules are not 100% clear, it's a little out of control.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited March 2023
    JustinB113 wrote: »
    I do think they’re in a difficult spot when it comes to worlds. Not all packs really need a world but people get upset if there isn’t one. I heard a youtuber complain yesterday that there is no world in seasons. Simmers expect it.

So they are somewhat pushed into making worlds that don’t get as much development as worlds like Sulani or Komorebi as their worlds were the main feature of the pack.

Growing Together isn’t really about a world, it’s features are all about family and things. So I guess it’s fairer to compare it to willow creek than Sulani. And it is better than willow creek.

This is very true honestly. And at the end of the day I would choose good gameplay over a better world 😌
    I always said I really wouldn't mind getting a pack with no world and all new additional interactions and activities and animation. Maybe even a "total animation pack" because I feel like that's what we need. The world is not the most important thing for this type of game. I put way more focus on sims interactions when I'm playing.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • kemowerykemowery Posts: 371 Member
    This is very true honestly. And at the end of the day I would choose good gameplay over a better world 😌
    I always said I really wouldn't mind getting a pack with no world and all new additional interactions and activities and animation. Maybe even a "total animation pack" because I feel like that's what we need. The world is not the most important thing for this type of game. I put way more focus on sims interactions when I'm playing.

The ship sailed long ago, but I really miss being able to just buy big, unconnected worlds in TS3.
  • MelisendreMelisendre Posts: 195 Member
    edited March 2023
    kemowery wrote: »

The ship sailed long ago, but I really miss being able to just buy big, unconnected worlds in TS3.

I don't buy kits but for a really good world I would make an exception. Nothing against american styled worlds but there are so many wonderfull places I miss in the game. For example there is still no african world.
  • JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member
    edited March 2023
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    Lisamango0 wrote: »
    I'm disappointed about the CAS. Not for everyone something; no shoes. No accessories except 1 pair of earrings. I think it's sad. Furthermore CAS looks quite good.

I thought I saw 2 necklaces as well in the pictures. I think this pack focused mostly on game play. But, I believe they also added a lot of birthmarks, freckles, and moles. I think children got different types of teeth. Infants and toddlers got new quirks I think, and children got some new aspirations.

I had a look last night and was more impressed than I expected but I did notice the lack of some items. I think it’s a trade off. Less female CAS than usual. And no shoes at all. But more male CAS, infant items and more body features.

No shoes is a little controversial. I think it’s the only expansion pack you can’t make a full outfit from (unless you use the leggings/barefoot).

But the quality of CAS is really good, like the details on the clothes are the same level as the ones in the best kits. And there’s some truly great swatches. The styles might not be for everyone but if you compare this stuff to early expansion clothes, huge upgrade.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,954 Member
    edited March 2023
    I'm not really fan of how they did the compatibility thing
    I would have preferred if they just gave us traits to like or dislike in that part of the likes and dislikes
    the way it is now its like ''i like this but no i don't really think this leads to me disliking this''

or ''i dislike this but i don't think i like this or dislike this other thing also''

for instance evil sims and animal enthusiasts its not 2 way street you can be evil animal enthusiast

or another example you can like sims that are ''ambitionless''
    but not like messy people (slobs) those are two different things

you can also like neat people but not ambitious people (another contradiction)

also why couldn't there be ambitious slobs (another problem)

this is not possible with the system we have here as it groups traits together regardless of if they relate or not
    just having all the traits listed there separately to like or dislike would have been so much more accurate
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,405 Member
    I kind of like how they did compatibility. It feels more intuitive that some traits are grouped together. I can see your point @SimminGirl though and it's as detailed system as having single traits would have been. Anyway if I disagree with which traits it affects then I will just leave it blank and pick something else for that sim.
  • PhedranPhedran Posts: 1 New Member
    Don't know if this belongs here but... why don't the unlock items have green text explaining that they are unlock items and how to unlock them? Was there any clarification on that or just removing clarity in general?

Also, why are the bunk beds higher stats than the single bed of the same exact set? But also, some of the bed combos don't list the stats at all??

I struggle to keep the gameplay functions of the thousands of items in this game straight as it is when half of them don't have any kind of in-game information related to their gameplay, it's just weird how some of the items were marked (or not) in regards to gameplay this time.

If I'm just gonna whine though, it would be why the heck didn't we get smaller versions of those big pretty windows? And why not give us triangle/angled windows to go with the pointed one and let us go full A-Frame? 😭
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,936 Member
    Family dynamics just don't seem to stick when playing rotationally... That's... disappointing...
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,970 Member
    edited March 2023
    Aine wrote: »
    I'm really disappointed that the Treehouse tree doesn't change with seasons - it's the same green leaves in the winter! what the fudge! :s
    That is SO lazy by the sims team - I was looking forward to using the object, but now I'm completely dejected and don't even want to use it anymore. :'(
    Pretend it’s an evergreen! The Treehouse already has several imagination plays with animations, it would have probably been too hard checking to make sure nothing interfered ( which changing of season might have ), with the extensive animations and upgrade options with it. I’m just glad it is a real treehouse, and would rather it stay green if that keeps it working. As it is there are so many packs for the dev’s to consider every time they try to make something work. There are already so many variables for them to consider.
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,970 Member
    edited March 2023
    EgonVM wrote: »
    Family dynamics just don't seem to stick when playing rotationally... That's... disappointing...

I’m curious @EgonVM what do you mean by they don’t stick? Do you mean each time you change households you have to reapply them in CAS or do you mean when you change households and invite someone over they don’t seem to have the closeness/distance etc. they were supposed to have to your sim? This might be a bug, and you might want to take it to the bug section.
  • AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    edited March 2023
    I'm really disappointed that the Treehouse tree doesn't change with seasons - it's the same green leaves in the winter! what the fudge! :s
    That is SO lazy by the sims team - I was looking forward to using the object, but now I'm completely dejected and don't even want to use it anymore. :'(
    Pretend it’s an evergreen! The Treehouse already has several imagination plays with animations, it would have probably been too hard checking to make sure nothing interfered ( which changing of season might have ), with the extensive animations and upgrade options with it. I’m just glad it is a real treehouse, and would rather it stay green if that keeps it working. As it is there are so many packs for the dev’s to consider every time they try to make something work. There are already so many variables for them to consider.
    I'm sorry, but NO, that doesn't work for me. The tree CLEARLY isn't evergreen. And I'm TIRED of using my 'imagination' for stuff they should have done. TIRED of it. And they only had to do a couple of more textures, everything else would be fine. Just change the colour of the leaves ffs, that's all they had to do. I'm really angry about lazy stuff like this - makes the game really unpleasant to play. :s
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • FutureFuture Posts: 336 Member
    I think they should make the $5 kits be world packs and then the actual expansion and game packs they offer could focus specifically on the gameplay and activities and enhancements.
    EgonVM wrote: »

I’m curious @EgonVM what do you mean by they don’t stick? Do you mean each time you change households you have to reapply them in CAS or do you mean when you change households and invite someone over they don’t seem to have the closeness/distance etc. they were supposed to have to your sim? This might be a bug, and you might want to take it to the bug section.

Mostly yes. Though sometimes, I don't even have to play with another household as simply going to CAS to edit another household may do that...
  • RandomTokenCodeRandomTokenCode Posts: 184 Member
    edited March 2023
    I'm sorry, but NO, that doesn't work for me. The tree CLEARLY isn't evergreen. And I'm TIRED of using my 'imagination' for stuff they should have done. TIRED of it. And they only had to do a couple of more textures, everything else would be fine. Just change the colour of the leaves ffs, that's all they had to do. I'm really angry about lazy stuff like this - makes the game really unpleasant to play. :s

After all, the tree specie cannot fit in each world. Maxis should have built a frame of the treehouse to attach to different kinds of trees. Essentially, the slide, the pole and the cabin are additions, only if the dev confine the common height of the trees.
  • Sorak4Sorak4 Posts: 3,935 Member
    Be evil, mean Sim. Talk to wife.

Blowsthingsup McDestroy is thinking about changing his trait to friendly!

Just like Wants and fears or livestyles it's too easy to do one thing and have the game popup about a proposed trait change. I was hoping it'd be more in vain of becoming a total Scrooge into your elderly if you horde money and start making enemies
    L9q8VGi.png
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    edited March 2023
    As someone who always pays full price right out of the gate, I never ask for a refund (and never will). This is my very brief reaction after focusing on Growing Together infants and building in the world. I'm not exactly liking this pack so far. I thought I would like it more.

Infants that have to learn milestones with this pack aren't hard but they are extra time consuming for my play style. Dr Gluon said even after 5 days his infant never crawled. Maybe he didn't spam tummy time enough but I also noticed this in my own game. If someone is playing on short lifespan or has multiple infants this might be difficult to achieve. Not to mention parents being way too overreactive to crying. Sometimes an infant will cry with maxed motives due to the trait they have (forgot what it's called). So if the parent spent all night maxing that infants motives, they are going to be in the red and need to fill their own needs. It's annoying that I constantly had to cancel check on sim.

My husband is from Cali and has family that lives in the bay area. San Francisco is a beautiful place to visit. I never used to complain about worlds + lot sizes but this one is mostly looks. It's sad how much of the world is just for looks. Plenty of lots that should be available. I'm seeing a lot of shells that I want to build to be a functional lot and place those in Newcrest but NC doesn't make me think San Francisco.

I think this is the first time I've considered disabling a pack. I have a feeling I'll end up finding a mod to fit my play style. I'm going to explore more of the pack later but this brief experience last night was a bummer. There are other features I haven't checked out. I do think this pack is perfect for some of the hard core family players but I'm not one of them. I like moving through the earlier life stages at a faster pace.
    Post edited by SimplyJen on
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • WrenryWrenry Posts: 960 Member

Twelve lots and not one could have been placed on the docks or on the water like on Sulani. But there is a lot in the middle of the road?! 😫

• Cherryrose_xCherryrose_x Posts: 524 Member
    Has anyone tried the kids new aspirations?

I can't seem to get the 'Go 12 hours without a negative need moodlet' to work. Like I have micromanaged her for a couple sim days now and none of them have even sunk to amber... She has had other negatives as she is hot headed, but as it is specifically said NEED surely that shouldn't impact it?
    Does sleeping count? If so when you get all good moods maybe send them to sleep, but keep all needs up

Done that too. I just can't get it to work. :neutral:
    Gallery name: Anna-Banna
  • Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    edited March 2023
    Simmingal wrote: »
    I would have preferred if they just gave us traits to like or dislike in that part of the likes and dislikes
    the way it is now its like ''i like this but no i don't really think this leads to me disliking this''

or ''i dislike this but i don't think i like this or dislike this other thing also''

for instance evil sims and animal enthusiasts its not 2 way street you can be evil animal enthusiast

this is not possible with the system we have here as it groups traits together regardless of if they relate or not
    just having all the traits listed there separately to like or dislike would have been so much more accurate

100% agree.

ETA: now that I've had a chance to really get in there and look around... yeah, I'm just going to say it, they really fracked up sims characteristics likes and dislikes. The way they have these things muddled up together? They make no sense at all. "Bookworm" and "creative" are not opposites, what the heck? That works out really well for my gazillion writer sims. A lazy person can't enjoy nature? Try telling that to my beer drinking, fishing enthusiast country girl sim. An idealist can't be a genius? So much for my philanthropist tech CEO. What on earth... I have never seen such a fundamental lack of understanding of, like, human beings and how they work, much less what makes an interesting sim personality.

I mean, yeah, sure, I can just not use any of these likes or dislikes, but that's a whole big swathe of the pack that's now essentially unusable for me. Big thumbs down.
    Post edited by Amapola76 on
  • Coconut27Coconut27 Posts: 860 Member
    edited March 2023
    Yeah from what i’ve seen, the world was not necessary. i think the pack could’ve worked like seasons, without a world but adds a core game mechanic (dynamics) and then they could’ve expanded even more on gameplay and interactions.
    Amapola76 wrote: »
    Simmingal wrote: »

100% agree.

ETA: now that I've had a chance to really get in there and look around... yeah, I'm just going to say it, they really fracked up sims characteristics likes and dislikes. The way they have these things muddled up together? They make no sense at all. "Bookworm" and "creative" are not opposites, what the heck? That works out really well for my gazillion writer sims. A lazy person can't enjoy nature? Try telling that to my beer drinking, fishing enthusiast country girl sim. An idealist can't be a genius? So much for my philanthropist tech CEO. What on earth... I have never seen such a fundamental lack of understanding of, like, human beings and how they work, much less what makes an interesting sim personality.

I mean, yeah, sure, I can just not use any of these likes or dislikes, but that's a whole big swathe of the pack that's now essentially unusable for me. Big thumbs down.

I do have to agree. I find the current system somewhat restricting. I get what they tried to do: there are so many traits after all... But... Yeah...