Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Growing Together Negative Thread

Comments

• Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,971 Member
    edited March 2023
    Elisdream wrote: »
    You don't have to apologise, because you're absolutely right!

I updated the game and played a little! It was fun for a couple of minutes, then it got very repetitive since all you get to do is fulfill their needs, but there's no meaningful interactions whatsoever, any. Infants don't have any skills or nothing you can teach them or help them with, so it all comes down to paying constant attention to them without any compensation, their gameplay feel a little plain without the pack.

It's too bad because I don't want to have a giant world or big changes in the dynamics that the pack brings, only to have fun with a single feature that should have been attached to infants in the update already.

They could have added lots of cute, extra content for infants in the pack to compensate, since it supposedly brings lots of new family content, and doesn't focus on *infants* alone.

I'm thinking on baby carriers options, more toys, even the quirks would be okay for the pack, but definitely not something that feels so substantial to the new lifestage.

It's kinda meh 😣

I believe in Infants can also play around with toddler and children’s toys….
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    edited March 2023
    I forgot something important about Social Compatibility ... Nobody have preferences set in the game yet.

I control 40 households so I must set Likes/Dislikes Sim Characteristics and Conversation Topics for all of them one by one ...
    I didn't finish to add Fingernails/toenails, Body hair and Sexual Orientation yet.

I just went through a test household of eight sims, setting their Characteristics and Conversations likes/dislikes.
    I think I overdid it and I will pull back on the number that I set. Traits already set compatibility to some extent. I think I will just use them to reinforce their personalities and set what they might like in other sims.

The weird thing is going into other households to find that sims that were their best friend now have awful compatibility.
    This is problematic for established saves.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member
    edited March 2023
    Why Slob trait is a negative thing as a Sim Characteristics ?

I mean a countryside sim who work hard as a farmer isn't somebody lazy without ambition.

Another stereotype by Maxis, Slob = Homeless

The word slob is a negative one though. Slob = a person who is lazy and has low standards of cleanliness. That’s from the dictionary.

In the U.K. generally you think of fat and lazy people with this word. Not so much homeless. But it’s an odd trait to choose for hardworking farmer. It’s the sims though, they can be hard working thin slobs 😁
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    My only problem with this pack is the world. And the world itself is not *that* bad but it's the trees that bother me. Every tree in almost every world is so samey. Like there are sooooooooo many different types of trees in the world with all types of forms, shapes and colors. But I feel like we get the same tree over and over in the same color. 🥲
    I think filling this world with unique trees could have made it stand out.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    EleriEleri Posts: 550 Member
    Elisdream wrote: »
    You don't have to apologise, because you're absolutely right!
    I updated the game and played a little! It was fun for a couple of minutes, then it got very repetitive since all you get to do is fulfill their needs, but there's no meaningful interactions whatsoever, any. Infants don't have any skills or nothing you can teach them or help them with, so it all comes down to paying constant attention to them without any compensation, their gameplay feel a little plain without the pack.
    Honestly, this is exactly why I've never understood some simmers' enthusiasm for "freeing the babies." The best babies we ever had were the ones in Sims 2, and I still would have aged them immediately if I had had the option. Babies have never been that interesting. I think some of this is You-can't-take-that-away-from-me Syndrome. If people had something previously, they automatically feel cheated if they no longer have it, even if it's not at all interesting/valuable.
    -No, my almost-elderly mother, I don't think it's a good time for you to try for a baby.
    -Yes, person I barely know, you have my blessing to hang out with Johnny Zest.
    -No person with the mean, hot-headed and self-absorbed traits, I don't think you should get married.
  • Options
    MelisendreMelisendre Posts: 195 Member
    My only problem with this pack is the world. And the world itself is not *that* bad but it's the trees that bother me. Every tree in almost every world is so samey. Like there are sooooooooo many different types of trees in the world with all types of forms, shapes and colors. But I feel like we get the same tree over and over in the same color. 🥲

Maybe they spent too much time in developing all the fake houses and cars that there was no more left for better trees. ;)
    There are worlds with different types of trees like Sulani, Mt Komorebi or Selvadorada.
  • Options
    Cherryrose_xCherryrose_x Posts: 524 Member
    Has anyone tried the kids new aspirations?

I can't seem to get the 'Go 12 hours without a negative need moodlet' to work. Like I have micromanaged her for a couple sim days now and none of them have even sunk to amber... She has had other negatives as she is hot headed, but as it is specifically said NEED surely that shouldn't impact it?
    Gallery name: Anna-Banna
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Melisendre wrote: »

Maybe they spent too much time in developing all the fake houses and cars that there was no more left for better trees. ;)
    There are worlds with different types of trees like Sulani, Mt Komorebi or Selvadorada.

Yes that's why those are on my list of best worlds along with granite falls and moonwood mills. They truly have different trees and look unique in other ways.
    However, I'm not going too hard on the world because I personally think they have outdid themselves with the rest of the pack so I wouldn't tear it down over some world issues, especially when we have so many other worlds to still choose from.
    I just hope we see more variety in the future and one day finally get a fantasy type world. I want to play in a fantasy setting and cannot find a befitting world to do so 🙏🙏🙏
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    I do think they’re in a difficult spot when it comes to worlds. Not all packs really need a world but people get upset if there isn’t one. I heard a youtuber complain yesterday that there is no world in seasons. Simmers expect it.

So they are somewhat pushed into making worlds that don’t get as much development as worlds like Sulani or Komorebi as their worlds were the main feature of the pack.

Growing Together isn’t really about a world, it’s features are all about family and things. So I guess it’s fairer to compare it to willow creek than Sulani. And it is better than willow creek.

• Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Hate the world! Hate all the fake dead space! The lots make no sense. there's a lot with a normal house on it and surrounding it is tall fake building/apartments on both sides, it sticks out like a sore thumb!
    cSt3TL4.png871L1wA.png

My solution was to fix it and turn it in to a restaurant. I'll be working on that other brown one at some point to get it to fit with the area too

3gGQNWy.png
  • Options
    ChildrenofhurinChildrenofhurin Posts: 138 Member
    I didn't find Sim Characteristics for these traits :
    • High Maintenance (Spa Day)
    • Unflirty (City Living)
    • Foodie
    • Maker (Eco Lifestyle)
    • Adventurous (Snowy Escape)
    • Child of the Islands (Island Living)
    • Child of the Ocean (Island Living)
    • Dance Machine (Get Together)
    • Erratic
    • Freegan (Eco Lifestyle)
    • Glutton
    • Green Fiend (Eco Lifestyle)
    • Lactose Intolerant (Cottage Living)
    • Overachiever (High School Years)
    • Recycle Disciple (Eco Lifestyle)
    • Squeamish (Outdoor Retreat)
    • Insider (Get Together)
    • Loyal
    • Paranoid (StrangerVille)
    • Party Animal (High School Years)
    • Proper (Snowy Escape)
    • Self-Absorbed (Get Famous)
    • Socially Awkward (High School Years)

I don't know what to think about the balance of the Sim Characteristics :
    • Active : 1 Positive / 1 Negative
    • Cheerful : 2 Positive / 1 Negative
    • Creative : 1 Positive / 1 Negative
    • Genius : 1 Positive / 1 Negative
    • Gloomy : 1 Positive / 2 Negative
    • Goofball : 2 Positive / 1 Negative
    • Hot-Headed : 2 Positive
    • Romantic : 1 Positive
    • Self-Assured : 1 Negative
    • Art Lover : 1 Positive
    • Bookworm : 2 Positive
    • Geek : 1 Positive
    • Music Lover : 1 Positive
    • Perfectionist : 1 Positive
    • Ambitious : 1 Positive / 1 Negative
    • Animal Enthusiast : 1 Positive
    • Cat Lover : 1 Positive
    • Childish : 1 Positive
    • Clumsy : 1 Positive
    • Dog Lover : 1 Positive
    • Kleptomaniac : 1 Positive
    • Lazy : 1 Positive / 2 Negative
    • Loves Outdoors : 1 Positive / 1 Negative
    • Materialistic : 1 Positive
    • Neat : 1 Positive
    • Slob : 1 Positive / 1 Negative
    • Snob : 1 Positive / 2 Negative
    • Vegetarian : 1 Positive
    • Bro : 1 Positive
    • Evil : 1 Positive / 2 Negative
    • Family-oriented : 1 Positive
    • Good : 1 Positive / 2 Negative
    • Hates Children : 1 Positive / 1 Negative
    • Jealous : 2 Positive
    • Loner : 1 Positive
    • Mean : 2 Positive
    • Noncommittal : 1 Positive / 1 Negative
    • Outgoing : 1 Positive

For example :
    Hot-headed + Bookworm + Jealous combo could collect up to 6 points.

Is that list based just on the descriptions in CAS? In the livestream the gurus clarified that only the base game traits were listed in the descriptions (since they had to suit all players) but traits from all existing packs (and lifestyles from SE) are taken into account for the relevant compatibilities. I suspect most of the pack traits you listed are actually covered, just not mentioned in the descriptions.
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    edited March 2023
    The treehouse's footprint is so big, it can't fit on most of San Sequoia's lots if you have a decent family house.
    Post edited by Gordy on
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    JustinB113 wrote: »
    Growing Together isn’t really about a world, it’s features are all about family and things. So I guess it’s fairer to compare it to willow creek than Sulani. And it is better than willow creek.

I agree with most of what you've said here, but hard disagree with this last statement. IMO, Willow Creek is superior in many ways. More lots, and they are closer together so it feels like a real neighborhood, a hidden lot/world, more fishing spots, more usable non-lot spaces out in the world. The only bonus points I would give to San Sequoia are the splash park and the (one and only) spot to swim in the world.
  • Options
    BeniHime_BunBunBeniHime_BunBun Posts: 4 New Member
    So far it's going okay with my playthrough. The weird rigging/routing when a newborn/infant gets stuck to your sim when you aren't carrying them or just laying them on the ground, and they attach to the sim's feet. Like yikes man. Fix it EA.
  • Options
    mitchiebanjomitchiebanjo Posts: 172 Member
    I've never posted in one of these threads before. I tried 3 times to have a science baby. It charged my sim the fee and sent her back home with nothing. So I gave her an infant in manage worlds. All it does is scream and cry. This is not fun in any way. I really wanted science babies but now I'm gonna just skip the whole thing and give my sims toddlers when they are ready to start a family.
  • Options
    ScrapdashScrapdash Posts: 1,233 Member
    I'll never get over how they managed to make a world supposedly based on San Francisco yet totally left out the "painted ladies" houses. Nothing about this place says San Fran to me but maybe I'm just a clueless European. And way too much wasted space as per usual.
    The trait/ attraction system is a problem too. It's very late into the game, literally, to be introducing this. I'm so scared some long standing relationships are going to be ruined.
  • Options
    blaq797blaq797 Posts: 145 Member
    Yeah, one of my saves played earlier. Moved a sim into the new area, and like hours after I moved her in, a former best friend came by... Needless to say, I found that in order to get the freeloaders [basically] to leave, I ended up moving several needed items to household inventory. The "guest" left soon after.

They were not getting along well, that was obvious...
    Sorry, Avatar is merely my favorite Sims 4 sim.
  • Options
    Amapola76 wrote: »
    JustinB113 wrote: »

I agree with most of what you've said here, but hard disagree with this last statement. IMO, Willow Creek is superior in many ways. More lots, and they are closer together so it feels like a real neighborhood, a hidden lot/world, more fishing spots, more usable non-lot spaces out in the world. The only bonus points I would give to San Sequoia are the splash park and the (one and only) spot to swim in the world.

Yes I thought after I said it about the number of lots and things to do is actually better in willow creek 😁.

I do think the backdrop and general aesthetic in SS is better - you can tell which one was designed more recently and the bridge and wharf etc are better set dressing than anything in the early worlds.

But those early worlds benefit from the amount of lots they had and the closer together feel like you say.
  • Options
    shorty943pshorty943p Posts: 255 Member
    Here's a fun bug.

I bought, downloaded and installed that new pack for my game today.
    So far it hasn't actually showed up in my game.

So yeah total negative from me EA\Maxis.
  • Options
    AugustoAugusto Posts: 29 Member
    I didn't find Sim Characteristics for these traits :
    • High Maintenance (Spa Day)
    • Unflirty (City Living)
    • Foodie
    • Maker (Eco Lifestyle)
    • Adventurous (Snowy Escape)
    • Child of the Islands (Island Living)
    • Child of the Ocean (Island Living)
    • Dance Machine (Get Together)
    • Erratic
    • Freegan (Eco Lifestyle)
    • Glutton
    • Green Fiend (Eco Lifestyle)
    • Lactose Intolerant (Cottage Living)
    • Overachiever (High School Years)
    • Recycle Disciple (Eco Lifestyle)
    • Squeamish (Outdoor Retreat)
    • Insider (Get Together)
    • Loyal
    • Paranoid (StrangerVille)
    • Party Animal (High School Years)
    • Proper (Snowy Escape)
    • Self-Absorbed (Get Famous)
    • Socially Awkward (High School Years)

I don't know what to think about the balance of the Sim Characteristics :
    • Active : 1 Positive / 1 Negative
    • Cheerful : 2 Positive / 1 Negative
    • Creative : 1 Positive / 1 Negative
    • Genius : 1 Positive / 1 Negative
    • Gloomy : 1 Positive / 2 Negative
    • Goofball : 2 Positive / 1 Negative
    • Hot-Headed : 2 Positive
    • Romantic : 1 Positive
    • Self-Assured : 1 Negative
    • Art Lover : 1 Positive
    • Bookworm : 2 Positive
    • Geek : 1 Positive
    • Music Lover : 1 Positive
    • Perfectionist : 1 Positive
    • Ambitious : 1 Positive / 1 Negative
    • Animal Enthusiast : 1 Positive
    • Cat Lover : 1 Positive
    • Childish : 1 Positive
    • Clumsy : 1 Positive
    • Dog Lover : 1 Positive
    • Kleptomaniac : 1 Positive
    • Lazy : 1 Positive / 2 Negative
    • Loves Outdoors : 1 Positive / 1 Negative
    • Materialistic : 1 Positive
    • Neat : 1 Positive
    • Slob : 1 Positive / 1 Negative
    • Snob : 1 Positive / 2 Negative
    • Vegetarian : 1 Positive
    • Bro : 1 Positive
    • Evil : 1 Positive / 2 Negative
    • Family-oriented : 1 Positive
    • Good : 1 Positive / 2 Negative
    • Hates Children : 1 Positive / 1 Negative
    • Jealous : 2 Positive
    • Loner : 1 Positive
    • Mean : 2 Positive
    • Noncommittal : 1 Positive / 1 Negative
    • Outgoing : 1 Positive

For example :
    Hot-headed + Bookworm + Jealous combo could collect up to 6 points.

I looked in Sims 4 Studio... Maker, Foodie, Erratic, Glutton, Lactose Intolerant, Squeamish and Loyal doesn't count for in any Sim Characteristics... Their others Traits are at least in one... Lifestyles, Aspiration Traits are include but not all them
  • Options
    Lilia1971Lilia1971 Posts: 391 Member
    I haven’t played much as it took so long to download but I’m not keen on the new world. The treehouse takes up a lot of space and there’s not a lot of vacant lots to put houses down.
  • Options
    Lisamango0Lisamango0 Posts: 150 Member
    I'm disappointed about the CAS. Not for everyone something; no shoes. No accessories except 1 pair of earrings. I think it's sad. Furthermore CAS looks quite good.
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    Lisamango0 wrote: »
    I'm disappointed about the CAS. Not for everyone something; no shoes. No accessories except 1 pair of earrings. I think it's sad. Furthermore CAS looks quite good.

I thought I saw 2 necklaces as well in the pictures. I think this pack focused mostly on game play. But, I believe they also added a lot of birthmarks, freckles, and moles. I think children got different types of teeth. Infants and toddlers got new quirks I think, and children got some new aspirations.
    Post edited by SheriSim57 on
  • Options
    Has anyone tried the kids new aspirations?

I can't seem to get the 'Go 12 hours without a negative need moodlet' to work. Like I have micromanaged her for a couple sim days now and none of them have even sunk to amber... She has had other negatives as she is hot headed, but as it is specifically said NEED surely that shouldn't impact it?
    Does sleeping count? If so when you get all good moods maybe send them to sleep, but keep all needs up