Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Whats up with the comment box?

Comments

• SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,885 Member
    edited February 2023

@DaniRose2143 this and also I feel like my story format wouldn't work in sim blog or anything cause then it'd just feel tad too serious 😅 like I'm not here to write 500 pages book with elaborate plot and world building or make intense movies I'm just here to comment on what is going on in my sims silly life and discuss it with others and hopefully provide some entertainment on side 😅

also these paragraphs are killing me even in this comment 💀

bbcode my love please come back

⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
    edited February 2023

Okay, new idea!

can we continue to edit our old comments with bbcode 😂

I have some reserved comments in my story thread maybe I can use those to continue storying 🤣

⭐️ its free real estate ⭐️

or combine the chapters into one post that is still bbcode 🤣

(desperate much, is this what they call recycling)

• CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,451 Member
    edited February 2023

I choose to take the optimistic view that this can be salvaged. I know it’s complex and unlikely but maybe if this drastically changes the vibe, maybe EA can find a way to migrate this forum to host who will give us our favorite tools back.

@DaniRose2143 exactly my thought. Hopefully migration won’t be necessary. Perhaps there are addons available that will give us access to better editing tools, they just need to be enabled by EA . For now all we can do is wait and see what happens next. ⏳⌛️⏳⌛️

• DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,657 Member

@Simmingal I’m sure to whoever made the change at Vanilla it seems so strange the way that we’re reacting but these handful of changes really change the entire feel of this forum. It interrupts what so many members do and share.

I agree, bb come back any kind of fool could see

There was something in everything about you

BB come back, you can blame it all on me

I was wrong and I just can't live without you.😆

• haneulhaneul Posts: 1,952 Member
    edited February 2023

@DaniRose2143 I think most of your readers will follow you if you move offsite. I think people definitely like your stories enough to click the links offsite for you, especially given the circumstances. If you do decide to move (or to just copy your posts offsite, it may help to also add a banner to your signature.

Testing tweets:

@simgirl1010 - I think I've gotten tweets to work (see above). If that's what you mean. Maybe it will revert 😓 but it looks like it is fine to just post the twitter url in the insert media box. All I did was the copy the following url into the insert media box.

https://twitter.com/TheSims/status/1621177820008382467

Brb I am going to forage for every empty ghost thread I have left behind and mark them to use for my stories one day since they still have bbcode 🤣

I beg mods do not delete my old old empty threads I will repurpose them and recycle I am good citizen of forum land

• CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,451 Member
    edited February 2023

also these paragraphs are killing me even in this comment

@Simmingal same here. It 100% messes with my head. 😆 It feels as though the paragraphs want to CONTROL us. Reminds me of a certain game.

Bring back the auld BB I shall never be cruel to my sims ever again I promise. 🤞🏼

*imagine hilarious gif.*

• crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member

I came here to complain about the changes to the comments box. It's not intuitive, there's no preview button, and no way to add bold and italics highlights to the text.

On the plus side, I like the new preview window for quoted posts and all the many emojis. Too bad we can't post using just emojis. 😁

• simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,701 Member

@haneul I had to delete several tweets last night because they reverted back to just the text link. I tried another this morning so waiting to see if it'll be okay.

• EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,775 Member
    edited February 2023

@crocobaura , select your written text and you can add bold and italics , but yes I agree on preview😔

My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member

Ohh, so that's how it's done. Thank you! I think we need a manual. 😁

edited February 2023

This is the one time I shall be thankful for being chaotic at posting

I may yet have hope in continuing my stories with these old bbcode threads of mine

just as long as they don't get deleted and I can continue editing existing bbcode comments with bbcode

I might have to rearrange some of the stories so all the chapters are in existing comments also like first comment or so

(means I can edit in more chapters to those comments)

I don't know if thats gonna make it ridiculously slow to load pictures

but thats pretty much the only option at the moment to keep them going as they have until now

• luciusstormluciusstorm Posts: 1,552 Member

Seems to me there is an opportunity here for EA and Sims Storytelling Community to come together and create something new and wonderful... whether that's a new posting resource or a new style.

Fate is a riddle and we choose our own answer. Wyrd Girls
  • permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member

@Simmingal Honestly I was considering doing that too and linking my new posts to the edited bb code posts but sadly that means I’d have to end up deleting content when I run out of old posts to use…

• _Gina_Gina Posts: 253 Member

And to think I used to be scared of bb code. Now I dearly wish we could have it back. But mostly...

1) the preview button.

2) the ability to put an image in a spoiler tag (can't update my story without that because too many pics... *insert sad toddler cry*)

3) Not to mention I only see the option to add an image when I'm editing the post, not writing it? What's up with that?

4) May I grumble about how we got zero warning before this chaos hit us? Could the update (if we can even call it that, it feels like a downgrade honestly) not be delayed if something unforseen happened?

5) If this is the update we needed to prevent that issue with saving drafts, I would honestly choose bb code over saving drafts in a heartbeat. 😭

• DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member

I don't have the option to upload a picture. Sometimes I see the button sometimes I do not. I am not sure if the issue is on my end or not.

-probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • _Gina_Gina Posts: 253 Member

@DoloresGrey Just out of curiosity, I found I see the button only when editing a post and only if it does not and never did contain a spoiler tag at all. Does that sound like it checks out for you, too?

• EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 7,257 EA Community Manager
    edited February 2023

Yeah. This ain't it.

I've reverted the changes we made last week.

BBCode is dead, long live BBCode.

You'll still see the Rich Text version when editing posts made with it, but new posts should all be back to the good old days now.

Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
    edited February 2023
    Woohooo!!!!

Body is 4 characters too short.
    <--- I love even that now!!!! <3

edited February 2023
    HURRAY! *forum party hard*

it is time to go bbcode real hard thank you bbcode our love for coming back to us
    we will not underestimate you ever again
    we will bbcode with absolute enthusiasm :bawling::heart:
    @EA_Cade Thank you! It's too bad the RTF version isn't really an upgrade.
    edited February 2023
    oh body is 4 characters too short i almost forgot :bawling:
    is this working now
    33vW6VW.png
    YIPPEE
  • luciusstormluciusstorm Posts: 1,552 Member
    Happy dance. Looking forward to more great stories with lots of pictures.
    Fate is a riddle and we choose our own answer. Wyrd Girls
    edited February 2023

okay, why I have the rich text comment box again... or am I having a bad dream? 😱

ETA: I swear it was there , lol.