Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Growing Together Positive Thoughts Thread

Comments

• JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member
    I’ve still not touched on most of growing together because I haven’t had kids in the game yet, but playing a few sims I wouldn’t not want to have milestones and compatibility. It really does make you feel like they have personality beyond what we had before.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,708 Member
    Childhood Confidence Guide

A child Sim’s confidence level can increase or decrease depending on skill gain, school performance, positive and negative socialization, succeeding or failing or skill-based activities, confident or embarrassed moods, and more. Caregivers criticizing or praising a child’s behaviour also impacts their confidence levels.

Build the perfect play space for the whole family.
    Treehouse Guide.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    I still so love that Treehouse it’s perfect for my Historical households. I also really like the cool modern furniture & bookshelves, it’s great for my Futuristic households. As for some of the pretty flowery dresses, they really go with well with the Cottage Living style.
    This pack is so multi crossover with other packs & the Base. 😛😉
  • DijktafoneDijktafone Posts: 775 Member
    Imo the best EP since Get Together.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,294 Member
    MVWdeZT wrote: »
    Lisamango0 wrote: »
    I really hope these Family Dynamics can be created through gameplay, like if parents/brothers/sisters are interacting a lot ( positively) with eachother, it will become 'close'.

Now that the pack has been out for a time, I am very pleased that such is happening in my game. Four of my Cantrell siblings are living in the same house, as they did the same dorm while at Uni. It's very nice to get popups over which family dynamic has been formed. My Cantrell's are a bunch of jokesters, it seems. Constantly cracking each other up. Also, they are Close.

I would be concerned about those jokesters. When Sims get too playful (hysterical), they can die.

I have MCCC installed in my game and after I experienced my first (and second) deaths by Hysteria, taking out my Rock Star's only sister and her husband during the same Fund Raising Event, the game pursued my Rock Star. Killed him two times and was going after him for a third time. I disabled that death using the Mod. No worries. :)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,176 Member
    edited May 2023
    According to EA press release :
    Maxis delivered its most successful expansion pack launch week to date with The Sims 4 Growing Together.

• RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,820 Member
    XCp4F0Cl.png
    I don't think I've tried the family reunion yet but I decided to have one on Christmas Eve and as soon as everyone filed in I called them to meal even though Simis came over earlier just to visit and already ate but whatever it was a party. Mortimer decided not to come probably because Dina wasn't invited but she and Don used to be a thing and Bella doesn't know her but she did have a kid with her ex so uh...maybe next time lol.
    u4cgfwBl.png
    There are some nice little chats like talking about the family lineage and also the family tree, discussing the importance of family I think it said but I decided since Don was trying so hard to impress her family he ought to seal the deal.
    aU6o1Unl.png
    Now I have no way of knowing they paused to appreciate the moment like they do when you propose in a resturant but it seemed like it, they also went back for more food and continued to dance together so it was a grand old time.
    TxWFAAQl.png
    But I guess it's not really a family reunion unless someone taps out early and another ends up in their under pants but Jocasta was with it and welcomed her future son-in-law into the family. Got a lot pictures and while everyone remained having a good time they filed out fairly quickly when the time was up without any issue .

I wasn't sure since I just patched and had mods if this would work but it was really sweet now to have too many infants for the apartment and plan a weddding ini whatever order it happens.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member
    This has been some of the most rewarding gameplay for me and it is because of the infants. Watching little Cody gradually accomplish his milestones feels like little achievements for me. As I look forward to discovering the last three milestones, I shall continue to watch Cody in all his adorableness.

Cody enjoying a relaxing nap in his dad's arms.
    Cody-Nap-Time.jpg

Cody is always doing some type of cute baby thing. Sometimes you'll find him sucking on his cute little toes, blowing you a kiss, waving his little chubby hands, having a melt down or crawling to his next adventure.
    Infant-Cody-and-Parents.png
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
    edited June 2023
    I Googled to see what milestones I was missing for my infant before I age him up. Yet, there are no listings or complete pictures online showing all the milestones for infants. They typically state that "this is what I've accomplished so far."

Can anyone tell me what I'm missing?
    1. I think I have all the Fine Motor, Gross, Life and Social ones accomplished
    2. Are there any more under First?

Edit: So, there are 34 and I think I have them all

Fine Motor
    Fine-Motor.png

Firsts
    First.png

Gross Motor and Life
    Gross-Motor-and-Life.png

Social
    Social.png
    Post edited by Hearts4u on
    You may want to check this thread. Not sure if it is complete. I haven't played infants yet.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/1007326/list-of-infant-milestones/p1
    edited June 2023
    You may want to check this thread. Not sure if it is complete. I haven't played infants yet.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/1007326/list-of-infant-milestones/p1

That helped. I see there are 34 and the one I was missing was First Visit to a Family Member's House.

Thank you, :)

Unless someone discovers anymore that I don't have on the list in the other post--hoping I have them all now.
    You're welcome. I just bookmarked it for reference. Hopefully I'll be able to start with infants soon. Was waiting for the milestone bug to be resolved and now I'm trying to finish a wedding.
  • lanlynlanlyn Posts: 5,008 Member
    edited June 2023
    @Hearts4u I found a list a while back that listed 36 milestones for infants, but the two you're missing are Born & Adopted. Those might be substitute options for Born at a Hospital, though. Maybe you can only have one of those 3 choices?

There are milestone lists for each life stage here:
    The Sims 4 Growing Together: Milestones Guide
    edited June 2023
    lanlyn wrote: »
    @Hearts4u I found a list a while back that listed 36 milestones for infants, but the two you're missing are Born & Adopted. Those might be substitute options for Born at a Hospital, though. Maybe you can only have one of those 3 choices?

There are milestone lists for each life stage here:
    The Sims 4 Growing Together: Milestones Guide

@lanlyn .... I think you only get one of the following when you have a baby:
    1. Born - Had baby at home.
    2. Adopted - the obvious
    3. or, Born at Hospital

I don't know what milestone it is if you have a Science Baby.

I'm ready for Bella and Denton to have a second baby who will be their little girl. Before aging the new baby up to an infant, I'll age Cody up to a toddler. This way, I'll discover the gameplay for toddlers. Then the gameplay associated with the child stage. At that point, I will have another baby boy who'll remain an infant, a toddler (the girl of the family) and Cody as a child. Exciting times for me.

Typically, I never try to accomplish anything. I just play my normal game and whatever achievements along the way happen--so be it. Yet, there is something about achieving milestones that interest me. Or, maybe it is because the infants feel real. I don't know what it is but I'm having a lot of fun with Growing Together.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    Not sure, I’m still learning about the new sims Milestones. However, I did discover the Baby Quirks in the Growing Together pack cheat codes.😉
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited June 2023
    Milestones was one of the best ideas ever. Although I personally have not seen much of a difference with older sims in regards to milestones, I absolutely love what it brings for infants!! Been playing a lot with my infant lately and it totally brings them to life! The way you get to see them progress is amazing. I can't imagine infants being done any better (except for holding them while doing more things)
    The way they move, the way they sound, the way they progress, the quirks and traits Is so perfect and I'm really enjoying them 😩. My infant has not learned to crawl yet or sit up but I'm in no hurry!
    One infant is all I can handle though since they are so time consuming. 😆
    I moved into a beach house in Tartosa with my best friend to help with the infant and toddler because it's too much for one sim😅.
    I got so much baby stuff in the new house my house just looks like a mess of toys, baby stuff and
    More baby stuff. Coupled with trash and dirty laundry around because it's hard to keep up🤣. But I grew up in a toy house where the living room was a playground with merry goes around and sliding board, and play house and everything else lol. So it reminds me of home.

Puzzles are fun! I love all the options.

s1qvHvU.jpeg
    hXF6yWN.jpeg
    3Ay2nLT.jpeg
    0esXALQ.jpeg
    1ecZd2g.jpeg
    pncvuL0.jpeg
    wP9mHfE.jpeg
    lRsq17t.jpeg
    Swi06kE.jpeg
    3qN5jMd.jpeg
    JYbOBDe.jpeg
    yHfIvMh.jpeg
    4NLJCKy.jpeg
    p3F1vLO.jpeg
    TRjodlM.jpeg
    HXzGQtO.jpeg

Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
    Anyone know how to make the infant sleep in your arms? I haven't figured that out yet.
    Hearts4u wrote: »
    This has been some of the most rewarding gameplay for me and it is because of the infants. Watching little Cody gradually accomplish his milestones feels like little achievements for me. As I look forward to discovering the last three milestones, I shall continue to watch Cody in all his adorableness.

Cody enjoying a relaxing nap in his dad's arms.
    Cody-Nap-Time.jpg

Cody is always doing some type of cute baby thing. Sometimes you'll find him sucking on his cute little toes, blowing you a kiss, waving his little chubby hands, having a melt down or crawling to his next adventure.
    Infant-Cody-and-Parents.png

They are so lovely!! 🥺🥺🥺🥺
    I'm constantly checking on my infant to see what she is doing lol.
  • WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,104 Member
    I think it's the "give __ a nap" interaction
    I think it's the "give __ a nap" interaction

Thank you! I'll try that. 😳
  • LyrieLyrie Posts: 881 Member
    Hi there! Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask but like most, been waiting for a pack like this! \
    But held off due to bugs, it came out in March, it is now almost the end of June.
    Are most bugs fixed?
    Are things less glitchy and more smooth?
    Any mods to help if not?
    I am gonna decide if I wish to get this pack for my birthday coming up, but I don't wanna be disappointment!
    Thank you for helpful advice and options!