Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Voice accent for CAS

Mak27Mak27 Posts: 1,114 Member
Do you think it could be a way to introduce accents in CAS without record all the simslish voices again?

Each world should have it's own accent for the local sims.

Comments

• GiggeGigge Posts: 72 Member
    I don't know. Sounds like it might be hard to do.
  • BenjamilianBenjamilian Posts: 395 Member
    edited January 2023
    I'm sure they'd need to rerecord them, as I've never heard of an audio process to add specific accents to a voice.

Hmmm... I made a short a while back in Yorkshire-accented German. Now I'm curious to tru various UK-accented Simlish.
  • EddieWhateverEddieWhatever Posts: 6 New Member
    > @Gigge said:
    > I don't know. Sounds like it might be hard to do.

They would have to have voice actors, sound designers, and people to integrate/code it into the game, but those are typically educated professionals in their field that should already know how to do their part, so I feel its more about the money, priorities, and demand. I do think they could work it in next time they release a new location, or if they did an general voice update, but I really don't see them implementing it, despite how cool it would be.
  • GiggeGigge Posts: 72 Member
    > @EddieWhatever said:
    > > @Gigge said:
    > > I don't know. Sounds like it might be hard to do.
    >
    > They would have to have voice actors, sound designers, and people to integrate/code it into the game, but those are typically educated professionals in their field that should already know how to do their part, so I feel its more about the money, priorities, and demand. I do think they could work it in next time they release a new location, or if they did an general voice update, but I really don't see them implementing it, despite how cool it would be.

Yeah, exactly hard to coordinate all of that.

Plus, if this game is drawing to a close with the advent of a new game in development, less and less attention is going to be put toward this game.
  • BenjamilianBenjamilian Posts: 395 Member
    I do like the idea of a kit of new voices and walk-cycles
  • LonelyWolfTalesLonelyWolfTales Posts: 44 Member
    I feel like that would be nearly impossible to do, but I would love to have more accents in the game! It could be a really fun way to recognise sims from different worlds.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member
    I feel like accents would bring little new to gameplay and they would require lots of money, time and effort to implement, because they would basically need all the voice actors to act out the voices again but with the different accents. I would rather they spend the money on implementing other cultural things, like different greetings or habits, customs, dances, foods, etc. I am still hoping they will one day bring back the hula dance which is sorely missing from Sulani.
  • cody6268cody6268 Posts: 643 Member
    Rey from the Journey to Batuu pack has a British accent. However, they only recorded a few lines in Simlish with the voice actor. Thus, she is mostly mute if taken out of her role in the Batuu storyline and moved into a household. Removing her hidden traits allows her to talk like a normal Sim.
  • Gamer_34567544Gamer_34567544 Posts: 1,300 Member
    I would love accents. Wondering why people from IL sound just like those from CL and everyone else. English accent would be awesome! Maybe add other parts of the world as well to make things seem more sense?
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    They would have to record all the voices over again but accents would be fun and make Sims feel more unique I'd love a southern accent a Boston accent valley girl and west coast surfer.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"