Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

TS2 on the EA app

lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,255 Member
edited April 2023 in The Sims 2
OMG!!!! I've just had to restart the EA app this morning and now my TS2 is now showing up as The Sims 2 UC instead of the DD and now I am able to install it on my new PC.

So I want to thank @EA_Cade for letting EA know about this problem and getting it fixed as well as EA for fixing it for us. Now I'm a happy camper as I have TS2/3/4 on my PC... <3
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 7,253 EA Community Manager
    Yes!

The Sims 2 should now stop showing as Double Deluxe and function correctly on the EA app after our latest updates.

We have a few more tweaks to make to ensure such an older title functions correctly on newer systems and apps, so stay tuned! :)
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,255 Member
    EA_Cade wrote: »
    Yes!

The Sims 2 should now stop showing as Double Deluxe and function correctly on the EA app after our latest updates.

We have a few more tweaks to make to ensure such an older title functions correctly on newer systems and apps, so stay tuned! :)

@EA_Cade, I've get it installed now and have launched the game, so now its just waiting on me to start playing it...😀😀

Thanks again!
    @EA_Cade, Ok, so I launched my game with no problem but when trying to load into a neighborhood, the game crashes out to the desk top. So I don't know if it's my PC or the EA app causing it. I have a new CyberpowerPC with Win11 on it, so like I've said, I'm not sure if it's my PC or what since I was able to install the game with no issues. So hopefully this is one the things that you are all looking into so that us TS2 players can still enjoy this game as well... :)
    edited January 2023
    Gotcha,

Can you try these steps please and let me know if that helps?

Edit: let's try that again with the right link :)
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
    Gotcha, can you try these steps please and let me know if that helps?

Sure @EA_Cade, I will go and try those and see what happens. Thank you... :)
    It works now @EA_Cade... :) Thank you so very much for assisting me on getting my game to work. You are awesome... <3
    Awesome! Glad to hear it :)
    Awesome! Glad to hear it :)

Now I just need to adjust my screen resolution which I already have the directions for so that I can change it in the game... :)
  • HejixHejix Posts: 1,056 Member
    Why? How? When? My husband just told me two days ago it... appeared. *Gasp!!!* Awwww! Finally!!! Ok, resolution 800 x 600 only, no smooth edging... Hmmm. I used to play at better resolution on my old computer... back in the days. Oh well, hope it get fixed. Meanwhile, time to fulfill some grilled-cheese aspiration. YEAHHHH!
    I want to play ALL the premade families! One day...
  • HejixHejix Posts: 1,056 Member
    edited January 2023
    Ok, got my first crash (ah, Sims) and gigantic black shadows, but found this. https://simsvip.com/2014/07/20/the-sims-2-ultimate-collection-increase-resolution-guide/
    I want to play ALL the premade families! One day...
  • Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    Hejix wrote: »
    Ok, got my first crash (ah, Sims) and gigantic black shadows, but found this. https://simsvip.com/2014/07/20/the-sims-2-ultimate-collection-increase-resolution-guide/

If the black shadows are only when they are inside, there's also a fix out there for that.

Here's a link for that fix: https://modthesims.info/d/569585/sim-shadow-fix-updated-2-jan-16.html
  • mickeydew44mickeydew44 Posts: 1 New Member
    has anyone had the directx error come back after switching over to the ea app? the old solution was to just put the game in window mode, but that has stopped working for me
  • sleekoduck87sleekoduck87 Posts: 255 Member
    *ahem* I'm the original person who got it to work with modern operating systems, not SIMSVIP, so you might want to check out my page on Facebook.
    Pay special attention to your settings when you install it. There's a PDF in the page's about section that you should read before bombarding me with questions.
    I'm working on adding my mods to Curseforge. In the mean time, check out my YouTube channel & WordPress blog for more. I go by Sleekoduck. I'm also the one who figured out how to play The Sims 2 in Windows 8 and the original fix is on Facebook & LiveJournal. Thanks for the 100 Awesomes everyone!6a00e54ee3905b883301bb07e55862970.jpg
    has anyone had the directx error come back after switching over to the ea app? the old solution was to just put the game in window mode, but that has stopped working for me
    You might want to read my post and check the link I posted. I was the one who actually found the original fix for TS2. There are a few things you need to know when you're installing that maybe some of those other people forgot to post. ;)

I'm working on adding my mods to Curseforge. In the mean time, check out my YouTube channel & WordPress blog for more. I go by Sleekoduck. I'm also the one who figured out how to play The Sims 2 in Windows 8 and the original fix is on Facebook & LiveJournal. Thanks for the 100 Awesomes everyone!6a00e54ee3905b883301bb07e55862970.jpg
    lisasc360 wrote: »
    OMG!!!! I've just had to restart the EA app this morning and now my TS2 is now showing up as The Sims 2 UC instead of the DD and now I am able to install it on my new PC.

So I want to thank @EA_Cade for letting EA know about this problem and getting it fixed as well as EA for fixing it for us. Now I'm a happy camper as I have TS2/3/4 on my PC... <3

Any information on whether it's available in languages other than English now? I've been getting questions about every two months on my site about that.
    lisasc360 wrote: »

Any information on whether it's available in languages other than English now? I've been getting questions about every two months on my site about that.

Heya, I believe this should be working for all languages now.
  • Freckles1971Freckles1971 Posts: 507 Member
    Morning all. I just installed,can I still add my packs for the sims 2 that I bought to the EA app? Thanks. Margaret.
  • AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,835 Member
    How stable is The Complete Collection? I am crashing A LOT playing from my discs. The last crash was while loading a neighborhood screen and it was so bad, I had to hard boot out of my computer.

I would rather play from my discs, but if I'm gonna be crashing all the time now, I'll give them up for the download.
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • mollie1998mollie1998 Posts: 446 Member
    edited April 2023
    I loved the sims 2 but I like the sims 4 better and I wish the sims 4 has everything the sims 2 had especially the grocery stores you can go inside and buy stuff and pay for them
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top