A reminder that any non-official EA content which is publicly rumored to have been captured during playtests or not intended for release is not allowed on these forums. Linking to, sharing, or otherwise distributing these types of content here will lead to its removal and potential loss of forum account access.
February 3rd- It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!

12 life stages in TS5

cdn94ab2zein.jpg

As a gamer who loves creating large families and expanding them across cities, I'd like to see 12 life stages in The Sims 5 so that character growth isn't abrupt and truly mimics what happens in real life.

The attached image represents well what these phases would be, each with their respective heights and characteristics:
1 - Newborn
2 - Lap baby
3 - Baby
4 - Preschool
5 - Child
6 - Pre-teen
7 - Teenager
8 - Young adult
9 - Adult
10 - Middle age
11 - Elderly
12 - Elder

At the player's discretion, the lifespan could be short, normal, or long. What do you think?

Comments

• GiggeGigge Posts: 54 Member
    Maybe they'll finally just have gradual aging instead of lifestages.
  • LonelyWolfTalesLonelyWolfTales Posts: 25 Member
    I love this idea! I feel like it could be quite a hassle having to add different interactions, animations and outfits for each life stage, but it would certainly make the game more immersive.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,377 Member
    Nice idea but I can't imagine EA getting all the complexity right.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 5,962 Member
    navani wrote: »
    cdn94ab2zein.jpg

As a gamer who loves creating large families and expanding them across cities, I'd like to see 12 life stages in The Sims 5 so that character growth isn't abrupt and truly mimics what happens in real life.

The attached image represents well what these phases would be, each with their respective heights and characteristics:
    1 - Newborn
    2 - Lap baby
    3 - Baby
    4 - Preschool
    5 - Child
    6 - Pre-teen
    7 - Teenager
    8 - Young adult
    9 - Adult
    10 - Middle age
    11 - Elderly
    12 - Elder

At the player's discretion, the lifespan could be short, normal, or long. What do you think?

I feel like there should be another stage between Middle age and Elderly. I would call it Senior citizen, where they have white hair but can still walk straight. A middle age person doesn't go straight to hunch back and a cane. As for the Elder stage, not all very old people walk with a frame. Maybe for old age, they could have variations on how mobile they are depending on how well they took care of their health during younger years.
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,383 Member
    i have my doubts so will wait and see
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 4,779 Member
    Unless they truly spend time to make the 2 elder life stages unique like actually ageing the skin adding in more wrinkles age spots and create more of a challenge within the gameplay the older you get I'm not sure how much value a second elder life stage would add. This would be my worry about most life stages that are the same height and generally do the same thing how would middle age look different from adult and young adult if Sims 4 tells us anything it would not but if they could find unique gameplay for middle age beyond midlife crises I'd like to see it. The visuals and unique gameplay need to be there not just a nameplate that says age.

Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 14,031 Member
    edited February 6
    Or it could be like "humans", the 7 life stages with some phases (early/middle/late)

Stages in Wikipedia :
    1. Babyhood (Infant) : 0 - 1 year old
    2. Toddler : 1 - 3
    3. Child : 3 - 14 (early childhood 3 - 6, middle childhood 6 - 10, late childhood/preteen 10 - 14)
    4. Teen : 14 - 19 (but "Health Organization definition officially designates an adolescent as someone between the ages of 10 and 19")
    5. Young adult : 19 - 40 (early adulthood 19 - 30)
    6. Adult (Middle adult) : 40 - 60
    7. Elder (Old adult) : 60+ ("One study distinguishes the young-old (60 to 69), the middle-old (70 to 79), and the very old (80+)")
  • BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 3,849 Member
    edited February 6
    I think newborn, baby, toddler. child (then only because so many want) preteen, teen, young adult, adult, Senior (retiree), then the elderly as the last.

I am a senior and up until a year ago my mother was still alive so she would have been the elder. People live longer and healthier nowadays so I think our sims should be able to as well. :)

However if they wanted to make it 12 that would also be okay with me. Just stop punishing elders who can still jog or woohoo.

"Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg