Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So did they fix gardening (reverting plants) or not?

ravynwolvfravynwolvf Posts: 1,073 Member
I read that plants reverting to dirt piles was fixed, but my current game it's still happening. Anyone else have it working or not working? Thanks.
Post edited by EA_Solaire on

Comments

• Options
    KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,382 Member
    edited January 2023
    Plants are still randomly reverting in my game. It doesn't matter what I do or not do, it's happening. :(
  • Options
    ravynwolvfravynwolvf Posts: 1,073 Member
    Sad. Going to try littlemssam's workaround mod, I guess. By now they could have totally re-written the entire gardening system from scratch; big part of the game.
  • Options
    DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    Nope, not fixed for me.
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • Options
    JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member
    edited January 2023
    No, they still have issues. Sometimes it randomly happens but usually it seems related to going off lot which causes it quite frequently.

Either demolishing the plant in build mode then undoing the action right away, or putting the plant in household items and taking it out again fixes most of these issues, not all but most.

It’s still one of the most reported bugs but it’s been this way for a long time so I’m not sure they’ll address it now. It always gets overlooked when they bring out fixes.
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,878 Member
    edited January 2023
    There are multiple causes. Some are fixed and some are not. At least one was fixed in a recent patch.

One of the causes is related to the "Good Soil" lot trait. If you have that trait, try taking it out.

Here is the bug thread
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-SAVES-Plants-reverting-to-dirt-pile-Patch-1-76-81/m-p/10475991
  • Options
    Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    It's been a problem for such a long time now I rarely give it much thought when it happens. Luckily for me, my plants don't revert as often as they did in the past. I use a mod that allows me to reset the growth stage, but my Sims still lose a day's worth of income from their crops disappearing just before being harvested. What makes tracking this bug so difficult is that there is no pattern to when this will happen. The one constant is the fact it always occurs just as the crops are ready to be harvested. If there is a plant in the early stages of growth when the mature plants revert around it, that plant will also revert to a dirt pile. The only method I have found that keeps the plants from reverting every few Sim days is to fertilize each plant one by one using a different fertilizer on every plant and not using the same fertilizer on two plants that are side by side. It takes a bit longer doing it this way, but filling the queue so the Sim will apply the fertilizer faster, without my direction, does affect how often my plants revert. I have used several different mods but none of those have totally stopped my plants from reverting. But it would be nice if they could fix this problem. It's been hanging out in our game since Eco Living. :/
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    I've never had this issue. 🤷‍♀️
  • Options
    RPGTabbycatRPGTabbycat Posts: 48 Member
    The plants in my greenhouse fare much better than the ones outside but they still occasionally turn into dirt piles too, just not as often.
  • Options
    joleacojoleaco Posts: 2,250 Member
    So tired of resetting the growth stage of plants :rage:
    YmWXbP5.jpg?1
  • Options
    StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,448 Member
    ravynwolvf wrote: »
    Sad. Going to try littlemssam's workaround mod, I guess. By now they could have totally re-written the entire gardening system from scratch; big part of the game.

@ravynwolvf I installed that one for the same reason. It works great 👍.
  • Options
    EA_SolaireEA_Solaire Posts: 1,397 EA Community Manager
    Hey all,

Please utilize Answers HQ for bugs and technical issues. You can find the link for this specific issue above.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top