Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Kits Available Now! Simtimates and Bathroom Clutter

Comments

• JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member
    edited January 2023
    The sim gurus on twitter are being asked ‘can we wear underwear under clothes’ and ‘do those light switches turn on the lights’.

On both occasions their answer is something like no, we think that would be cool and wish they could, maybe in the future etc..

Why couldn’t it be? If they think it would be better if it worked that way, why didn’t they design it that way? I can only think deadlines and to save money.

It’s kinda annoying when they release things that they know aren’t as good as they can/should be. It’s not like they’re not making lots of money from kits, they could at least go the extra mile to make them work the way people would want/expect. Like really how hard is it make the light switch turn on the light?
  • Mr_MuffinTopMr_MuffinTop Posts: 131 Member

I don't hate the simtimates, it's just a bit...underwhelming I guess is the word I'm looking for. It is certainly a missed opportunity to offer a family onesie and a chemise/babydoll/whatever it is called. I do like that one male one with the pants. I will get a lot of use out of that.

81Gf1u6edAL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg
    matching-family-pajamas-for-the-whole-family-panda-boy-children-kids-onesies-panda-sleepwear-pajama-set.jpg
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    I do like that one male one with the pants. I will get a lot of use out of that.

That's the one item I actually like and could see my male sims wearing.

There is so much CAS content in the game already, so I just don't feel the need for more unless it fits a specific theme that suits my more niche interests. There is plenty of modern day clothing, so I'd only really want historical or fantasy themed clothing.

Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,062 Member
    Yay for bathroom clutter! I'll be snapping up that one right away....

Any chance we can get the devs to update all of the standalone sinks in the game to have slots so we can place the small clutter items on them (ie: bar of soap, toothbrush cup, etc)? Pretty please with sugar on top? *bats eyelashes*
    My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • NushkaNushka Posts: 380 Member
    Dianesims wrote: »
    It the self standing thingy an electric toothbrush or a face brush ?

It looks like an electric toothbrush to me. I'm more curious about the first item in the first row and the last item in the second row. For the life of me I can't figure out what they're supposed to be! The best I've come up with is a candle and a jar of red peppers? LOL

I think they are a candle and a Mason jar filled with cotton swabs.
    Happy simming!
  • RamblineRoseRamblineRose Posts: 814 Member
    edited January 2023
    Agnes is going to be so busy she might exhaust herself to death!!!!! My Sims always need bathroom clutter and Simtimates Oh, my what will we discover next. The bathroom clutter is something I see myself purchasing.
  • Harry2020Harry2020 Posts: 8 New Member
    Pretty sure I will end up getting the kits. I have every pack/kit so far.
  • Kai252018Kai252018 Posts: 76 Member
    Well look at this, they ended 2022 with kits and begin 2023 with kits.
    It's great to have all these kits and no game play whatsoever. Listen................................
    Why all the silence when it comes to game play?

Saving all the budget for Project Rene??

• bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,377 Member
    edited January 2023
    SimplyJen wrote: »
    I am so excited to see a lingerie/sleepwear kit. I play a lot of single sims and couples who like to lounge around the house. TS3 Master Suite CAS stuff was a favorite mine. TS4 does not have a lot of options for lingerie so this is something I have wished for.

Jan 19 is a few days before my birthday too. :blush:

Must have both! It's about time, 9 years with the really ugly sleepwear is waay too long. My sims are mostly either single, roommates and/or significant others, so there's little chance of showing more than is appropriate. If I am playing a family, then there will only be one sexy outfit and the rest, family friendly clothing.

Okay, again, 9 years with one choice of toothbrush holder? I NEED that bathroom clutter, lol. Oh and Happy Birthday early! <3

In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • TrashmagicTrashmagic Posts: 977 Member
    Love the bathroom clutter, I thought it might have one related gameplay item. But the clutter is enough for me.
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,425 Member

So we have a light switch coming to base game. It a nice gesture that the switches won't be exclusive to the kit.
    Light switches? Why? Why does every little mundane thing need to be added to the game?

Sometimes I wonder about this as well. What details do we need in the game and what not. One of the reasons why I am weary of the high school years EP is the fact that there is no global on/off option for body hair growth. I don't need every realistic detail. Sims is a simplified representation of life.

It is strange to see people get excited about virtual (non-functional) lights witches, tooth brushes and toilet rolls. Nice for those who want those but not exactly something I need in my game .
    Peral wrote: »
    The thing with risque cloathing it has no effects on other Sims, and your scantilly clad Sim will happily prans around in those clothes until it changes to everyday clothes. Everyday they will come down to fix/eat breakfirst dressed like that until I finally get tired of it and put them in a pyjama. It works somewhat if there are only a loving couple on the lot but once the household is extended it start to become a bit awkward

Same here. I don't want my sims to walk around like this when they should be wearing pyjamas. The items look nice but I have no use for them.
  • BenjamilianBenjamilian Posts: 395 Member
    It seems ironic that a light-switch should come with this pack. In the UK, the bathroom is the room where you're least likely to find one, as most properties here have the bathroom light-switch outside the room, or use a pull-string. (I assume it began as a fear of wet hands on old-fashioned metal switches, but persisted to the age of plastic).
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member
    edited January 2023
    Ow…but some of those spicy undergarments would look lovely on mermaids and aliens. I’ll have black or crimson for my witch coven and vampirellas please. I seriously hope they won’t let us down with the swatches.

Speaking of swatches, please let there be plenty of “grimy” swatches in that toilet clutter kit, too. I love them dirty looking towels, but what about the rest? Dentures in murky water? Tooth brushes with worn down bristles? Used loo roll……ok so let’s forget about that last thing I mentioned, immediately.

Speaking of loo rolls. I wish all those various loo rolls came as a base-game update. Using the loo is a basic need and loo roll is a basic tool to …anyway. There’s absolutely no need to mansplain everything. Ye all know how this works. At least I hope so…I really, really do…

Light switches ditto. Ones with dirty ( or bloody 😈) fingerprints on them. Another one half pulled out of the wall, or a dangling light cord - as in -animated, like the moving curtains. I need a permanent draft in my sims’ houses. I want them to suffer. At least a little. Like myself.

I know some folks don’t care about the details, but for me it’s ALL about the details. I don’t need the mundane mundane, but if there’s mundane with at least a wee bit of character, I would want to be fully immersed in “mundanity”. 😈.

• CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member
    EA_Cade wrote: »
    Hey all!

Here's some cool behind the scenes footage of me trying to figure out how I'm going to do a screenshot thread for this kit that doesn't end up with me having to moderate every post:

G9zWfi7.gif

@EA_Cade If you like you can take a couple of days off and hire me to do the job instead. That way you don’t have to be worrying about anything at all. 😇

• LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,232 Member
    Not really because onesie would be perfect for a "Sleepover" kit, maybe the next step

I don't hate the simtimates, it's just a bit...underwhelming I guess is the word I'm looking for. It is certainly a missed opportunity to offer a family onesie and a chemise/babydoll/whatever it is called. I do like that one male one with the pants. I will get a lot of use out of that.
    matching-family-pajamas-for-the-whole-family-panda-boy-children-kids-onesies-panda-sleepwear-pajama-set.jpg

• catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    EA_Cade wrote: »
    Hey all!

Here's some cool behind the scenes footage of me trying to figure out how I'm going to do a screenshot thread for this kit that doesn't end up with me having to moderate every post:

G9zWfi7.gif

I can't wait for your screenshot thread.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,956 Member
    Yeah idk

it just kind of feels weird to me to buy my sims a lightswitch decoration and extra clutter for 5 euros
    like would I even buy that for myself? not really?
    is it even such special clutter i'd use it everywhere? not really?

sure I'd probably use the clutter in slob houses if i had it like thing there thing there
    and as captain mentioned yeah I actually would probably find more use in crime scene clutter to include in stranger builds
    that way it would kind of add to my stories

but also like as builder adding these items in gallery builds would feel kind of silly
    like here is bathroom but also it'll be missing toilet paper because I used this toilet paper instead of base game toilet paper
    as if it really matters which toilet paper it is :lol: like yeah I'll just use existing clutter really

and as for the underwear one
    I see some pieces that would probably be very useful since we don't have much of underwear
    but at the same time would I choose this underwear over possible future underwear?
    yeah idk it is kind of just underwear tho not like specifically cool underwear
    not the ''dramatic fainting as I hear my wealthy husband passed away prematurely'' -underwear
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member
    Now that they have started giving us clutter objects, I hope they update the shelves in game to hold more objects. Would also love some shop clutter items, like shopping baskets, signs, and even more clutter items sims could buy and decorate their homes with. The lingerie kit looks nice, would have been lovely if they included a silk pajama for the ladies as well, same stile just tied at the waist, instead of the loose open shirt thing.
    edited January 2023
    Collab with MeUndies

https://gaymingmag.com/2023/01/the-sims-4-simtimates-collection-kit-puts-the-woo-in-woohoo/
    With The Sims 4 Simtimates Collection Kit, the team at Maxis have joined up with MeUndies – a company that specializes in body positive and feel-good underwear that doesn’t just look nice, but is comfortable no matter what your body type. The company is also LGBTQ+ inclusive, partnering with the The LA LGBT Center, which boasts that it “provides services for more LGBTQIA+ people than any other organization in the world.”

e1733810.jpg

Post edited by LeGardePourpre on
  • carlymichellecarlymichelle Posts: 3,402 Member
    does anyone know what time these kits are released here in australia its 6.37am here on the 19th
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,862 Member
    @LeGardePourpre can you add a link for what you posted about the collaboration?
  • JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member
    edited January 2023
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    Sometimes I wonder about this as well. What details do we need in the game and what not.

It is strange to see people get excited about virtual (non-functional) lights witches, tooth brushes and toilet rolls. Nice for those who want those but not exactly something I need in my game.

I think this game is played by two very different groups of people in those who play the game and those who build. And from polls and things I’ve seen the builders is the biggest group so it kinda makes sense they get catered to the most.

It’s a shame they look to have gave up on gameplay kits though, I’d much rather have a patch with just working hairdryer animations than all of this clutter stuff personally.
  • ThirteenCatz2ThirteenCatz2 Posts: 80 Member
    edited January 2023
    I am actually super happy about the underwear, as there is not enough for men