Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Relatives/Family reunion/Generations - Photo & Family tree

SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,693 Member
edited January 2023 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
The upcoming pack looks to have a strong focus on family reunions, probably involving new event categories and a broader focus on relatives.

I really really wish they will include an easy way to create your big family photo! We can already make quite impressive group photos with the help of teleporter and poses, but it often takes "forever" to get it all right. It should be quite easy for the dews to make a service where a household can order a group photo. A popup could allow us to choose from a list of backdrops, as well as from a list of general set ups (basically the number of sims, making sure the youngest are in front line, toddlers being carried (or not), and perhaps 1 or 2 sims in honor is positioned center (like the head of the broad family, the one celebrating birthday, or the two celebrating wedding/anniversary). Technically the game already do something like this when the group photo for the album/gallery is created, it would just need some tweaking.

We won't need to join them in the photo session. The active sim could simply pick sims from the family tree (or list of relations), and then the photo would be delivered in the mail box. If it is delivered to everyone involved, fine, but the active sim could also create (or order) copies and then visit relatives to gift them the photo.

This service should also include ordering the family tree, framed for the wall. Again - it is already in the game, how hard can it be to transfer it to a framed wall object?

A service like this should be obligatory for a family reunion pack. In fact, we should have had it long ago. And I would still use the in game camera and photo studio for smaller portraits.

So - would you like these options in a family focused pack?
Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
Post edited by EA_Cade on