Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Snow in Copperdale?

I’ve decided to start a new save in Copperdale; however, it just occurred to me that I don’t know if it snows in Copperdale & I can’t seem to find the answer, lol. So does it snow in Copperdale? :D I really hope so, lol.

Comments

• catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    SimDork23 wrote: »
    I’ve decided to start a new save in Copperdale; however, it just occurred to me that I don’t know if it snows in Copperdale & I can’t seem to find the answer, lol. So does it snow in Copperdale? :D I really hope so, lol.

Yes it snows in Copperdale and it can snow hard.
  • SimDork23SimDork23 Posts: 524 Member
    SimDork23 wrote: »

Yes it snows in Copperdale and it can snow hard.

Awesome! Thank you so much!
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    Yup & it looks so beautiful with the snow. <3
    FYI: If you want snow in Strangerville all you need is a Weather Machine, as long as you don't have the weird Motherplant Weather that is. :D
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    Yup & it looks so beautiful with the snow. <3
    FYI: If you want snow in Strangerville all you need is a Weather Machine, as long as you don't have the weird Motherplant Weather that is. :D

Aww, I can’t wait to see it! <3 And thank you for the info!
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    Your Welcome. :)
  • SteveBridgerSteveBridger Posts: 106 Member
    I recommend the addition of a thermostat to the high school, as winters in Copperdale can often go down to freezing. You can go into build mode and add one right inside the front door so long as it's not during the school day. I also moved the vending machines inside the cafeteria, which has plenty of extra space for them, so the teens don't go outside and start turning blue while getting their snacks.
  • JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member
    edited January 2023
    Echoing the other comments, the snow in copperdale is really nice and it can get very cold there. I had my sims basically stranded on this little pavilion out in the middle of fields there. There is a real winter feel to it when it snows.
    edited January 2023
    I recommend the addition of a thermostat to the high school, as winters in Copperdale can often go down to freezing. You can go into build mode and add one right inside the front door so long as it's not during the school day. I also moved the vending machines inside the cafeteria, which has plenty of extra space for them, so the teens don't go outside and start turning blue while getting their snacks.

Thanks for the reminder! I renovated the high school for all of my saves, & I completely forgot about the thermostat, lol,
    JustinB113 wrote: »
    Echoing the other comments, the snow in copperdale is really nice and it can get very cold there. I had my sims basically stranded on this little pavilion out in the middle of fields there. There is a real winter feel to it when it snows.

Aww, I’m so excited for my sims to experience their first snow in Copperdale! <3
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,552 Member

Yes, I made certain to place one, when I did a Recession-style renovation of the school. IE you start by changing the wall treatment. ;) I used the same type of tile, for instance in the cafeteria, but used a warmer color. Same with the other rooms.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/