Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Collect Baby?

My male sim knocked up a resident female in another household. They got engaged but they didn't marry yet. She's just given birth at the hospital and the game asked if he wanted the baby to move into the household, and if so and if the baby is on another lot he'll have to go and collect it.
I've had a sim in this situation before but the game didn't ask about the moving in and collecting back then.
Is this part of any of the nraas mods I've gotten since then, such as Mover, Register or Overwatch?
Or does this happen in the game normally sometimes?
He (I did) chose to move in the baby and go and collect it, but I feel like I'm cheating game-wise. But if its normal without the mods, then cool. Feel a bit sorry/weird for the mum too. They'll be married and living together soon, it was a strategic thing so the baby gets her surname, because the mum is a key pre-made in Lucky Palms - Kitty Price.
Anyone know who she is supposed to be a slight copy of in real life? Or is she more of a general type common to the towns the world is meant to be a cross or mixture of?
I suppose if they were going to make sim-likes of particular real life people, they'd have to then include a few others ... so sad the daughter of one today ... so then maybe she is a type, a mixture of similar stories, and so then I'm not sure how that's supposed to play out, or if it wouldn't be an unwritten rule-breaking to play her sort of off-script.

tum-te-tum

I remember you from university, I still have your story.

Comments

• wendyyi1wendyyi1 Posts: 579 Member
    Kitty Price is based on Katie Price, a UK celebrity and former page 3 model
  • DivinylsFanDivinylsFan Posts: 1,278 Member
    wendyyi1 wrote: »
    Kitty Price is based on Katie Price, a UK celebrity and former page 3 model

I'm not actually so sure about that now. There are a few sims around town whom have similar names to those of real people, but their character and story is similar to another. So its like they've taken the story and character of one real person, celebrity, and put the similar name of yet another famous person on them.
    Naomi Nita for example, lives in the "Survivalist, Deadliest Danger" house on the wharf. Right next to the house is a fishing spot with sharks. Hence, Jaws. She has an underground bunker, which changes the story and crosses it with zombie shows. Is there a Naomi Nita in Jaws? No. There seems to be someone of her name in real life though, but is not a survivalist/movie star.
    Jayce Hendrix ... the guitarist Jimmy Hendrix, but the Mr Hendrix in LP isn't a guitarist and doesn't look like him. There's a few women who're supposed to be like The Golden Girls, but haven't got their names. There's a Tanner household: Full House.

Kitty Price's story is she is nearly elderly, single, childless, and an ex actress. The real KATIE Price is an ex model and TV show hostess, which is not a movie star. She may have the name, but not the look nor story. Could she be Ginger (Tina Louise) from Gilligan's Island? She sure does look like her! And her story is kinda similar.
    If you Google Tina Louise (the character Ginger's actress' real name), the pictures that come up straight away are a total match to the sim Kitty Price in Lucky Palms, and the sim's bio is also a match. Her name in the sims has been changed, as have the other sims in the world. Its a puzzle to figure out.
    Ok I have just figured out who Naomi Nita is supposed to be: Mandy Moore in 47 Metres Down. Complete with beauty spot. Pretty good likeness.

I've just made a match of whom 'Roy Phillips' and 'Palmer Hayes' are in Lucky Palms: Barry Manilow and Garry Kief. Look for them on Google, their faces are a match. Pretty funny! Roy Phillips' name is the same as a famous wrestler coach from way back or something, and in Lucky Palms he has a job in the athletics career, but the face is Barry Manilow as is his sim-partner's face like his real-life partner. Roy/Barry's likeness is pretty good side-on, especially with his glasses on.

I have a feeling the Jaycen Hendrix's face is possibly Gene Barry whom Tina Louise/Ginger/Kitty is pictured with in Wikipedia ... and he lives just a few houses away from her. Seems to be a few links to Barry's in Lucky Palms. There's a sim named Barry Gilbert. I wonder if there is a Drew Barrymore likeness somewhere. Or a house modelled after Poltergeist.
    edited February 2023
    Do you think perhaps Eli Vokoban might be Bob Dylan? My sim has done a few renovations at his house and one of the bedrooms is all in "baby blue" or reminds me of it. Lina has given him four children so far, which could be what its pointing to, but it just struck me and I'm thinking he looks like him, current day. I can't see any photos on the net of him with that hat though, other hats, and not with a belly.

No, its not him. I've looked at the face more closely. He is someone though, the face has been carefully done.
    Kitty's enemy however, Marisol Loera is possibly Dawn Wells, the actress who played Mary-Anne on Gilligan's Island.