Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What is the worst thing that ever happened to your sims?

The worst thing that happened to my sims is that when I started playing The Sims 4 for the first time I was 14 so I try to make my sims cook grilled cheese but she have no skill level of cooking and as soon she started cooking there was a fire my heart was beating fast I click on the oven and click on extinguish and my sims put out the fire once the fire was gone I was relieved 😅 I said “phew!” Then I said what the hell just happened?! And that all of my bad decisions when I was playing!
Mikayla Rose Graham been playing the sims since 3 years

Comments

• Options
    kiwi84kiwi84 Posts: 1,087 Member
    Oh so many things has happened to my sims ;) Once I played my sims in a rags to riches, she got engaged and celebrated out clubbing and a wohoo in the walk-in-closet, her fiance came out and died from hysterics. And yes, she got pregnant from that wohoo
  • Options
    mollie1998mollie1998 Posts: 446 Member
    edited January 2023
    When My sim peed on the floor and then got dirty and took a shower
  • Options
    SteveBridgerSteveBridger Posts: 106 Member
    Aside from problems inflicted by acknowledged game bugs, I once had a sim die of multiple lightning strikes while living in a haunted house. The house became very spectrally active during a thunderstorm, and had him running repeatedly in an out of his home in a state of sheer terror, until the third lightning strike killed him. It probably didn't help that he was afflicted by the Night Wraith curse at the time, and the presence of Temperance certainly didn't make matters any more bearable.
  • Options
    manicobsessivemanicobsessive Posts: 1,111 Member
    I once accidentally cheated my Sim's hunger to zero and starved her. :D I felt so bad!
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,565 Member
    I once accidentally cheated my Sim's hunger to zero and starved her. :D I felt so bad!

Oh, dear … Death by Watcher.

I updated my game at one point (don't recall now, which patch it was, but it was some time ago). I even made a backup of my save, first. But tried to play the game with the save that went through the updating process. For some very odd reason, the game started to target my main Sim, Erik Cantrell. He was killed twice. First time I was gobsmacked and curious as to what happened. I rolled back a save (I always do a Save-As) and discovered his older brother cracked a joke that Erik found so funny he laughed himself to death. Rolling back, I was able to avoid Aaron and his deadly jokes. Got a bit farther along in my gameplay. Then I found Erik dead in front of his vault. He was living with his sister and brother-in-law, so I was keeping his income separate. Again, I had no clue as to what killed him and I'm uncertain if I ever found out. He was on the verge of dying yet a third time in the game, when I brought this curiosity to the forums. Another player, thankfully, asked if I hadn't made a backup prior to updating? That's what sparked my memory. I switched the saves and the game left Erik alone after that!
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    My sim once got a gravestone as a gift for winterfest, then the next week went on vacation to El Savadorada. There they met their death in the temples, spooky😔
  • Options
    ChuChuExpressChuChuExpress Posts: 3,228 Member
    I would have to say, that the worst thing that could happen to a sim is having the death by killer rabbit debug cheat backfire. My intended target was Agnes Crumplebottom (because the hateful shrew had assaulted Benjamin with her lead handbag), but the cheat killed Benjamin instead. I exited to main menu without saving.
    e6581e69b0d7d8f9e02cb1e30b50f464959bfb2a.png
    Sims 4 Family: Benjamin, Shine, Princess Roddy, Sophia and Hamish Furystrykar and Shelly Heart. Princess Roddy is my avatar, and he's a boy!
    Let those smiles spread!
  • Options
    AlanSimsAlanSims Posts: 713 Member
    The very first game I ever played (TS4 base game launch day) I finally moved in to this cute starter home, my Sim made grilled cheese and died in a fire within the first 10 mins.

Another bad thing that happened once was that on one of my legacy games (3rd generation), I left the game on Speed #2 so I could go eat breakfast. I came back to a fire and my favorite kid Sim (the one I wanted to play next) died. So I had no idea how to bring him back, didn't want to restart the game because I had played A LOT so just went on with the story.
  • Options
    AlienTusksAlienTusks Posts: 194 Member
    I had an interesting experience once; I don't know If I would call it the worst thing that ever happened, but it was really neat in the moment. Around the time I first learned the cas full edit cheat. On console you have to enter the cheat then walk to a mirror and choose change sim. Thats what I done with my sim's wife. I made her Body parts (you can guess which ones) bigger...well when I was done loading, and the game came back on...... my wife sim immediately turned to the screen looked right in the camera and did this expression and gave me this look like how could you..... like she was disgusted by the fact I would change her from her natural way. Any way you would have to have seen it. If I remember correctly Our relationship bar went down after I did this cheat on her. It was interesting to me that the developers put this animation and stuff in the game. One reason I posted this here is because it was somewhat bad, for a short while ...I felt sort of bad for doing the edit to her because she did that reaction thing.
  • Options
    greydonngreydonn Posts: 717 Member
    I have, on occasion, had some less than interesting members of my played household repeatedly dive into a pond of hungry sharks. Not meaninglessly, though- their vacant spot allowed me to have more cats! Very cute cats!

I also reset the pond because grim was taking his sweet ol' time arriving, accidently and permanently losing their gravestone. Not my best moment.
    • Gen 25: Xanthe! >:)
    • She/Her.
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,882 Member
    edited January 2023
    Teen girl sim died to murphy bed.

Leaving behind her mother, with whom she had a troubled relationship that never had a chance to resolve, her mom's new nesting partner Miko Ojo who had only just moved in and was beginning to build a good relationship with her, and her toddler half-brother who adored her. Brother has become a somewhat peculiar child. Fortunately, in the Spice District, ghosts seem to come around a lot.
    spooky1.png

When your mom yells at you for getting yourself killed (you can see the murphy bed Z in her chest here)
    spooky3-how-dare-you.png
  • Options
    Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,969 Member
    I’ve told this story before but whatever…

My very first Sims experience was Sims 1 for PS2. I created a family. One evening the mum cooked dinner, the stove caught fire… as did she. The Grim Reaper showed up and I was terrified. I vowed to never play the game again… famous last words :D:D:D I do occasionally boot up my PS2 and play, but I always make sure to not give families a stove when I first start playing them, only a microwave. Then, when they have a few cooking skill points (usually around 3-4) I’ll add a stove and fire alarm.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    edited January 2023
    Well, I micromanage my sims pretty well, but I have had a couple of instances.

Once one of my sims decided to cook by herself while I was playing another sim in the household and started a fire, luckily her husband was home and rushed in with an extinguisher….. lol, or she would have been toast.

But I think, the most interesting “worse thing “ that ever happened to one of my sims in the sims 4 so far was when a vampire entered one of my sims apartment and decided to take a drink, and they seem to like to return to her apartment….. I don’t really play vampires…… but thought this was rather interesting….

Oh and I also have a Farmer which became a technophobe somehow, even though he lived being able to watch tv in the evening. Anyone know how to natural overcome the technophobia without cheats? He won’t even work in his wood working bench anymore…..
  • Options
    LiebeslottchenLiebeslottchen Posts: 69 Member
    Once my scientist Sim was at his working place in the small tea kitchen area. I let him use his simray just for fun transforming the fridge. Instead of transforming to some other item the fridge went up in flames. The scientist's colleague stood by the scene and immediately caught fire. My Sim tried to extinguish the fire to save her but he failed and she burnt to death. He pleaded to the Grim Reaper to let her live but he refused. I was so shocked by this that I didn't continue playing The Sims that day.
  • Options
    SteveBridgerSteveBridger Posts: 106 Member
    > @Liebeslottchen said:
    > Once my scientist Sim was at his working place in the small tea kitchen area. I let him use his simray just for fun transforming the fridge. Instead of transforming to some other item the fridge went up in flames. The scientist's colleague stood by the scene and immediately caught fire. My Sim tried to extinguish the fire to save her but he failed and she burnt to death. He pleaded to the Grim Reaper to let her live but he refused. I was so shocked by this that I didn't continue playing The Sims that day.

I've had numerous fires break out at that laboratory, some of them from botched transformations, others from the chemistry labs spontaneously combusting. (I am not sure if the chemistry lab fires are intended behavior or not, but it seems believable either way.) Part of the reason why my scientist sim has such good relationships with his coworkers is because he keeps saving them from lab accidents, or giving Grim death flowers to bring them back, so he's frequently someone's hero there. Were it not for that sentiment, I'd have long since installed a fire sprinkler system.
  • Options
    AngeliqueAdelaideAngeliqueAdelaide Posts: 1,033 Member
    edited January 2023
    Some years ago, one of my sims went to Selvadorada with her boyfriend and got cursed, but I didn't pay it mych attention. Anyway, they got engaged and went to the bushes for celebratoty woohoo, but before that, she got stuck by lightning and died.
    (The ending was happy. As she is a witch, I added her back into the household and she brew a potion to revive herself. Not sure if it's the worst thing to happen to any of my sims, but this, along with my first death ever ( death by laughter, accidentally caused by me clicking on a random spell without reading the description while testing a mod), are what have shocked me the most)
  • Options
    becks1112becks1112 Posts: 919 Member
    My sim got married and literally 20 sim minutes later the groom keeled over dead.
  • Options
    GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    edited January 2023
    Bad things don't usually happen in TS4 unless I make them happen, but there was this one time a teen in Willow Creek tried to go to school in a thunderstorm. There was also a puddle of mud directly at the foot of the stairs leading up to the porch. On the short path from the house to the street, the poor teen slipped and fell into that puddle, and got struck by lightning twice. Somehow he survived, but he has to be the unluckiest person in my entire sim world. Ironically, his name is Felix, which means "lucky" in Latin...
  • Options
    hellohannah2hellohannah2 Posts: 839 Member
    edited January 2023
    once in ts3 i had a sim who I was trying to achieve the dirtbag reputation with - just to see how bad it could get. At one time he had 15 girlfriends all at once and it became so hard to manage that i had to have him stay home almost all the time because the chances of getting busted was so high. Obviously in the end he got caught by visiting the house of one girlfriend - who I hadn't realized was the roommate of another girlfriend. Oops. It all kicked off then and for days he was getting confronted by all of these women and accused (rightfully) of cheating. I'd never seen one sim get slapped so much.
    s54gWQ5.png
  • Options
    maggiemae8135maggiemae8135 Posts: 790 Member
    edited January 2023
    I play 4 singles I made and always enjoyed. I put them in an apartment I built especially for the purpose of them living in the same building so I could have them develop relationships and marry. The two couples were at the point where they just became girlfriend/boyfriend when they all headed out to work. Just outside the building the guys both noticed a UFO and stopped, looking up at it. At the same time a meteor struck killing both of them! Of course I didn't save and got right out of the game to redo! It only happened that once, thank goodness, but I didn't realize until then that an attempted alien abduction and meteor strike could occur at the same time! Always keep an eye to the sky in this game! LOL This was in Sims 3.
    Post edited by maggiemae8135 on
  • Options
    manicobsessivemanicobsessive Posts: 1,111 Member
    Wow, this game can be brutal! Fun thread. :D
  • Options
    JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member
    edited January 2023
    Oh I used the wooden toilet that the sims can craft and I upgraded it with some petrol thing from eco lifestyle, and every other time they went to the toilet it caught fire, and one of them died to burning toilet 😂
  • Options
    rudolpharudolpha Posts: 998 Member
    My sim kid was visiting a friend after school. The mom was at work but the teen sister was home. She started making grilled cheese and caught on fire and no one could save her.
  • Options
    lemonellalemonella Posts: 423 Member
    I will never forget the first time I saw one of my sims die from humiliation after their engagement proposal was rejected. The rejection interaction itself is pretty sad to watch, honestly. Rejection followed by death — what a nightmare.

Luckily, I frequently restart my game saves, and this tragic event gave me an excuse to start over!
    · · ─────── · 𖥸 · ─────── · ·
  • Options
    UniqueKhaosUniqueKhaos Posts: 470 Member
    I made a new save and decided to have my sim become a self employed baker. She was living in an apartment so I locked the doors because her neighbors and vendors kept walking in. Well when she went to bake sugar cookies, everything in the kitchen caught fire including her. I couldn’t unlock the door for Grim to reap her. So I sat there annoyed and contemplating uninstalling the game while everything burned.