Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Missing lifetime wish

Dida_QuickswitchDida_Quickswitch Posts: 290 Member
I got all the expansion, but not the stuff packs for the sims 3. I just started up a new game, that is supposed to be a legacy, but slightly longer lifespan and season and more expansive bording school and uni. So I get my starter sim, move her in, set money to 1500. Get her a job and got to lvl 7, over 20 000 aspiration points and she got be in a relationship with her future husband to be.

I log out and the next day I log in again. The game starts fine, but I can't load it because apparently I don't have the right expansion packs installed. Not sure what happened, but apparently I had uninstalled every single pack. Luckily it was super easy to add them, and I load up the game and this time I could load my game. But when I was in I noticed 2 things. 1 my sim got no lifetime wish, it used to be explore 6 gravechambers fully in each vacation place and also my adventure perk was changed to clumsy and there was no option to go on vacation.

Log out again and found out there was 3 packs I missed, and vacation was one of them, so I get them in and start again. I use the cheat mode to change clumsy to adventure again that was no problem. But I can't get the life time want. I tried to use the cheat mode to edit the sim in CAS, I set the life time wish, but it didn't work, even if I tried several times. I also tried to use 10 000 aspiration points to change it, but I didn't get it, (the points was not deducted either). I tried many times, both these options. I even tried to cheat her back to teenager and then age her up, hoping I could choose her lifetime wish then, but no.

How do I get the lifetime wish back? Or am I screwed and should rather just start again. (I'm only about 20 sims days in). Would be really helpful if someone could help me.

Edit: I also tried to take a vacation to China to see if I could trigger it, but so far I got no wish.

Comments

• Options
    KevinL5275KevinL5275 Posts: 2,489 Member
    I'm assuming you're using version 1.69 with Origin or the new EA App. Unfortunately its a bug in the program where it does not default to loading up all the expansion packs every time, and you have to check and make sure they are all loaded before you click play.

If you have World Adventures loaded, it should let you change the lifetime wish you want. Do you have the NRAAS mods that let you edit the sim, too?
    I'm a 48 year old married man, with a beautiful wife, a cat, and a simverted personality.My Sims 3 Pictures
  • Options
    MantleJackalMantleJackal Posts: 373 Member
    When you say cheat mode are you referring to the in-game testingcheatsenabled or are using nrass MasterController- cheats ? If it's the former than I would highly recommend downloading nrass mastercontroller - cheats, (and just nrass mastercontroller in general) as that is a highly useful mod, especially when it comes to issues like this.

I haven't seen this problem before so I did a little digging for people who had the same issue and this is what came up:
    • Clear your game cache files, aka these files CASPartCache.package CompositorCache.package ScriptCache.package SimCompositorCache.package SocialCache.package
    • Resetting your sim (or town) resetsim * is for the whole town and resetsim Firstname Lastname for individual sims. Nrass MasterController can also be used to reset your sim or town.
    • Evict your family and move them back in.

This is where I found the tips if you want to see for yourself. https://carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=24088.0
  • Options
    DivinylsFanDivinylsFan Posts: 1,278 Member
    Not sure what game you're playing, but Sims 3 vacation expansion is called World Adventures, and I've never gotten an 'adventure perk' trait with it. I always send my sims on vacation and I've had a few sims reach visa level 3 for all three locations, and haven't received an extra trait as a reward. However my sims have received the reward to be able to buy a house/lot in the locations.
    Aging up receives an extra trait, as does graduating university and reaching level 9 of a social group, either Jock, Rebel or Nerd.
    I've also not seen the explore 6 gravechambers life time want before.
    However, I've seen the Great Explorer which is to fully explore 6 tombs at each of the three locations, and the traits recommended to be suitable for that don't include Clumsy, rather, Adventurous, Brave and Daredevil.

Maybe you're meaning that the special trait that is included with World Adventures, "Adventurous" was missing and the game reverted it to Clumsy, when you loaded it up without the expansion of World Adventures.
    In the Origin launcher, in the tab called "Expansions ... " there are check boxes to control which expansions to load up with your game. I always check that tab, as well as the Downloads tab before loading up now, because there was a problem with that with the EA App launcher. I can't remember what the EA App launcher had for the expansion control.

The advertiser who replied to you with the clearing caches, who seems to write in a similar tongue and style ...
    is talking about the EA App issue with the Store content uninstalling itself. That wouldn't be about the expansion packs, as they aren't Store content.

You could use an earlier save of your game for the next time you load it up ensuring the expansions are included. If you don't have an earlier save, you could go into the messed up game, save/share your sim to library then exit, load up ensuring including the expansions, then start a new game with the saved sim. Go through all the stages again on fast forward ...
    Or just start a new-new game with a new sim
    Or continue with that game and then her next generation (because its a legacy) he/she could do the 6 tombs LTW while you keep a close eye on everything that time, if its still something you want to see out. And the rest of your current sim's time can just be like tragic with a messed up LTW able to be dramatised in his/her story to the max. His/her kid will be like: "Yeah I had a tough childhood, my mum had no proper Life Time Want. She died Clumsy. I suffered." and be all punk, with a green mohawk. Or Goth. Or Emo.

I remember you from university, I still have your story.