Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Packs I'd like to be brought back in Sims 4's lifetime :D

SheepilingSheepiling Posts: 579 Member
edited January 2023 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
We have a lot of what older Sims games used to have in terms of expansions in TS4 now, but there are still a few big expansions left that haven't been added yet, that I would love to see created before EA moves on to TS5. I'm going to list off old expansions that haven't been brought back to TS4 yet (even after 8~9 years of this game being out).

Sims 3: Generations

In an old interview (iirc it was an interview of Lyndsay), she said EA/Maxis would prefer to split family content up over various game packs rather than making one big EP for it. So far we've gotten Parenthood GP (which is more about the parents' interacting with their kid and teaching them values and doesn't really add a lot of new activities for children to do), Kids Room Stuff, Toddler Stuff, and now the High School Years EP. I don't mind if this content gets broken up personally, but if that's the way it's gonna be done I'd like to see a pack for each life stage. The new infant update will probably be similar to Toddlers, where they will barely have any clothes or things until a future paid pack release comes out. So IMO I'd really like to see a lot more content made for kids, toddlers, and infants. I know a lot of others are asking for Elder-specific content as well. And I think a lot of them are asking about content that makes us think of our grandparents, who grew up in the 40s~50s, and the type of styles they liked to wear and what we remember them looking like and the activities we did with our grandparents, rather than what's trending among old people in the current decade. So more of that would be nice, please~

Sims 3: Supernatural

We're almost there! This one they are 100% splitting up into multiple game packs. We're only missing Fairies now. After we get a Fairy GP we'll at least have the occult squad that came out with the Supernatural pack. However, occults from other old packs that still haven't been made also include: genies, zombies, mummies, imaginary friends, unicorns, and real plantsims as an actual occult life state and not just a temporary moodlet.

On that note, we still need horses as well. And cars. And burglars!

The Sims Medieval

A spin-off game of Sims 3, but I'd really like to see a Medieval expansion pack made for Sims 4. There is so much TS4 medieval-themed custom content being made all the time. Most people that love the occults in Sims 3 also loved Sims Medieval. This would also be a great pack to bring back the baby dragons that were in the Sims 3 Dragon Valley world DLC and Sims 1 Makin' Magic. Or knowing EA, sell the dragons in a kit after the Medieval EP releases. I just want to have princes and princesses going on adventures in medieval times and being able to create my Dungeons and Dragons characters and actually use EA-created assets instead of entirely relying on custom content for this. And for re-creating season 8 of Game of Thrones and doing it much better than the show... This would also be really nice for anyone that's doing the Ultimate Decades Challenge or the History Challenge!

Also on that note, a stuff pack or kit for every 1900's decade would be amazing as well!

Sims 2: FreeTime

I know we got that one knitting pack, and in the community vote that stuff pack had there were other options like pottery and some other hobby related things. I think this would do better as a game pack rather than a full on expansion, but it would be really nice to have more hobbies added to the game. Also a bands pack would be nice as well.

Sims 3: Into the Future

I'd love a futuristic sci-fi time travel pack. And no, as much as I love Star Wars, the Journey to Batuu pack doesn't fill that need for me. I want sims-universe sci-fi where my sims can travel in time and meet their descendants. And lots more futuristic tech to give to our alien sims! Though, while this one would be nice to have, I wouldn't be too upset if they never made a pack like this. Between Get to Work, Get Famous, StrangerVille, and Batuu, we do have a fairly decent amount of sci-fi content. It just sucks that you have to buy 4 packs to make yourself a sci-fi save.

The Sims: Livin' Large

A lot of the Livin' Large EP has actually been added to TS4 through base game updates and various packs (tragic clown, chemistry, telescopes + alien abductions, servo, grim reaper, santa/father winter) however there are a few iconic sims things left that we haven't yet gotten. Those would be: the Vibromatic Heart Bed (and while we're talking about that you can't forget the Sims 2 Love Tub, hot tubs are base game now, you've got no reason not to make it!), the Slacker career, and a crystal ball (i know we have one that's for seances, but it'd be nice to have a crystal ball that's for fortune telling, and an interactive tarot deck to go with it). This is also the pack that first introduced genies and zombies to the game. We could also use a Las Vegas style world, which is one of the building styles this pack had that we don't have yet! Honestly, most of what's left of this EP could be introduced to TS4 through kits, if they ever bothered to make another gamplay kit...

Also, could we get Funky the Snowman in an SDX drop, please? The little dancing snowman from Sims 2 is a personal favorite of mine <3<3
Post edited by Sheepiling on

Comments

• Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,422 Member
    Great idea. I would love to have

- Sims 2 freetime: sewing, pottery, the car to work on,... I miss those activities
    - Sims 2 bon voyage particularly for the hotels. In sims 2 we could see the inside of hotels and build our own. I would like hotels to return as actual lots, preferably with the option to run them as well. We already have a tropical world and a winter vacation neighborhood in sims 4 so it is not so much needed for destinations.
    - Sims 3 into the future: the futuristic world is awesome. I enjoyed seeing how there were technological improvements in various everyday things. I would also like the return of plumbots. Their customisation was amazing, especially with the current servos that only have one shape. As mentioned in the first post this should be set in the sims universe, not in as part of a 3rd party franchise like star wars.
    - Sims medieval : not exactly an EP but a medieval environment would be great. Perhaps this could be done as a sort of time travel pack. A two parter with one pack into the future and one for the medieval time. But each time would need an EP to be done properly

Other tidbits I would love to see return but not necessarily in the same pack combination as before
    - real permanent plantsims like we had in sims 2 seasons and Sims 3 University
    - ticket machine from Sims 2 open for business. This is a machine to make visitors pay an entry fee on your business lot so you can run a community lot that is not a store
    - baby dragons from Sims 1 making magic or the sims 3 store
  • SheepilingSheepiling Posts: 579 Member
    edited January 2023
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    Great idea. I would love to have

- Sims 2 freetime: sewing, pottery, the car to work on,... I miss those activities
    - Sims 2 bon voyage particularly for the hotels. In sims 2 we could see the inside of hotels and build our own. I would like hotels to return as actual lots, preferably with the option to run them as well. We already have a tropical world and a winter vacation neighborhood in sims 4 so it is not so much needed for destinations.
    - Sims 3 into the future: the futuristic world is awesome. I enjoyed seeing how there were technological improvements in various everyday things. I would also like the return of plumbots. Their customisation was amazing, especially with the current servos that only have one shape. As mentioned in the first post this should be set in the sims universe, not in as part of a 3rd party franchise like star wars.
    - Sims medieval : not exactly an EP but a medieval environment would be great. Perhaps this could be done as a sort of time travel pack. A two parter with one pack into the future and one for the medieval time. But each time would need an EP to be done properly

Other tidbits I would love to see return but not necessarily in the same pack combination as before
    - real permanent plantsims like we had in sims 2 seasons and Sims 3 University
    - ticket machine from Sims 2 open for business. This is a machine to make visitors pay an entry fee on your business lot so you can run a community lot that is not a store
    - baby dragons from Sims 1 making magic or the sims 3 store

Oh, I completely forgot about hotels! I completely agree with you! Perhaps that could be a similar game pack to Dine Out (hopefully not broken/buggy tho...) where it comes with just hotel lots to place anywhere you want rather than coming with a world. It'd also give them more time to focus on making the gameplay really good and customizable if they don't have to put resources into make a world for a Hotels GP.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    World Adventure
    Medieval
    Into The Future
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    World Adventure
    Medieval
    Into The Future

Yus! Another fantasy & sci-fi fan <3
    Growing Together EP a.k.a. TS4 Generations is finally happening!!!!

So happy at least one of my must-haves is being released this year! :D
  • mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member

I want a Sims 4 version of The Sims Magic Town since the Magic Realm is lacking. They could introduce fairies in it

• Ti4558Ti4558 Posts: 6 New Member
    I'd love to see Sims 2: FreeTime comes back. I have never played the Sims 2 but the concept of having more things to do and hobbies sounds very appealing. I would love to have more things for my sims to work on throughout their lifetime.
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,108 Member
    mika wrote: »
    I want a Sims 4 version of The Sims Magic Town since the Magic Realm is lacking. They could introduce fairies in it

Yes, please. I also wish it was easier to adapt the existing magic world. I know there's a way but I think it's awkward so I never do it.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
    edited February 2023
    mika wrote: »

Yes, please. I also wish it was easier to adapt the existing magic world. I know there's a way but I think it's awkward so I never do it.

I'm honestly surprised that fairies weren't put into Cottage Living, though they would be better and more in-depth if they made a Game Pack for them. How would they do a new secret fairy world that's not too similar to Magic Realm or Henford, though?

If they end up being a side-occult of an EP like mermaids were, then I think they'd fit well into a Medieval Expansion Pack. I'd rather them be separate packs but having 2-in-1 is better than having neither or only one imo.
    Post edited by Sheepiling on
  • GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    World Adventure
    Medieval
    Into The Future

I 100% agree!
  • MichelleWMichelleW Posts: 665 Member
    World Adventures
    Bon Voyage
    Medieval
    Roaring Heights- not a pack but basically it was a pack.

Also- horses and festival lots.
    So happy TS4 Horse Ranch is being released! That's 2 EPs off my list of must-haves all in one year!!! :D

I'm really hoping Fairies and Medieval come next! Also was super hype to find out Medieval Castle Kit and Goth Fashion Kit won the recent voting! I voted for both of those! <3
  • stylesdrukstylesdruk Posts: 27 Member
    The Sims 3: Island Paradise

The Sims 3: Barnacle Bay

The Sims 3: Supernatural

The Sims 3: World Adventures

The Sims 3: 70', 80's, & 90's Stuff
    But, including 2000's & 2010's.
  • Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    Sims 2 Free time
    Sims 2 Bon Voyage
    Sims 2 Family Stuff and Celebrations
    Sims 3 into to the future
    Sims 3 Generations
    Sims 3 Town Stuff or something like that.
    Sims Medieval
  • Sunflowergal227Sunflowergal227 Posts: 305 Member
    edited July 2023
    I haven't even touched TS4 in a while but, i do want to improve the game.
    For one, Sims 2 Freetime features would be great to add! I love that my sim has various hobbies, and the objects were always fun to interact with. like i love that my sims use the soccer goal, and the ballet barre.
    2nd, Features from Bon Voyage and Island Paradise, would be perfect. As another user said, i love the hotel systems. Island paradise would also be good because for one sims can deep dive in water, not to mention have houseboats, and be attacked by a kraken!
    3rd, I would love features like celebrations, where there is lavish things for weddings like various cakes and more objects, like a more festive wedding arch maybe, and of course more formal dresses, and nice colorful themed birthday cakes. Even more family themed items, or children items like the mermaid bed from family fun stuff.
    4th, even more themed furniture, like a mix of ikea fun stuff, 70's,80's and 90's stuff, and maybe stuff based on an official store like an "At home" pack.
    I would also love more music items, like how in ts2 we had a violin, drums, guitar and bass, and others can form a band and play together.
    Favorite EP/SP
    Sims 2 (All EPs/SPs)
    Sims 3 Showtime
    Sims 3 Generations
    My Sims 3 profile page: https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/Sunflowergal227
  • AvatarBoyAvatarBoy Posts: 1,147 Member
    For one, Sims 2 Freetime features would be great to add! I love that my sim has various hobbies, and the objects were always fun to interact with. like i love that my sims use the soccer goal, and the ballet barre.
    2nd, Features from Bon Voyage and Island Paradise, would be perfect. As another user said, i love the hotel systems. Island paradise would also be good because for one sims can deep dive in water, not to mention have houseboats, and be attacked by a kraken!
    3rd, I would love features like celebrations, where there is lavish things for weddings like various cakes and more objects, like a more festive wedding arch maybe, and of course more formal dresses, and nice colorful themed birthday cakes. Even more family themed items, or children items like the mermaid bed from family fun stuff.
    4th, even more themed furniture, like a mix of ikea fun stuff, 70's,80's and 90's stuff, and maybe stuff based on an official store like an "At home" pack.
    I would also love more music items, like how in ts2 we had a violin, drums, guitar and bass, and others can form a band and play together.

You know we kinda got some of these things already if you follow the recent pack releases closely, not exact... but yeah, like the celebrations content was pretty much Wedding Stories,. Island Paradise is pretty much Island Living in Sims 4. I think the only thing the Sims 4 does not have is a Bon Voyage vacation type, but pretty much anything similar to the core Sims 3 packs are in Sims 4... just split into individual packs. For example Generations is Parenthood, Growing Together, Kids Stuff, Toddler Stuff, High School Years & Wedding Stories. And Freetime may have been Get Together & other separate packs that I can't quite remember.
  • mollie1998mollie1998 Posts: 446 Member
    edited July 2023
    I would like mostly online school/high school for my teen sim so she can go to school and do homework online and a shopping mall so my teen sim can go shopping with friends to the movies with friends and go to the arcade with friends but most importantly I would like concerts so my teen can go see her favorite celebrities and a hotel with a waterpark so my teen sim can go down waterslides and play in the pools these things will be fun I hope they come out next year for sure
  • brizgalbrizgal Posts: 143 Member
    Yes please. So many things missing that are quite easily adapted into the game.
    1. Update Magic Realm into a magical world similar to the magical fair world of Sims Magic Town.
    2. An expanded Sylvan glade is a perfect home for fairies etc, while the existing garden gnomes could actually become lifelike ie patchy scarecrow, but please include better gameplay
    3. For me, Into the future is still one of the major missing pieces. I used to love watching how one small action could drastically change future generations.
    Medieval gameplay pack with lots of new gameplay; as well as some new skills: swordsmanship, archery, blacksmithing, lute, harp, making hand-sewn clothes, dragon training… of course medieval would have to include dragons.

When comparing the different Sims eras, Sims 4 graphics are truly outstanding, however the gameplay depth is definitely lacking. In advertising blurbs, Sims 4 promises the world but in actual gameplay delivery gives a very microscopic slice of a tiny neighbourhood. Very disappointing and becoming more disheartening every new release that causes even more failures, glitches and bugs. It is no surprise that many of the long term members (as well as newer players) of the simmers community are looking elsewhere for the connection, satisfaction, inspiration, immersion and joy that previous Sims games delivered.

A lot of the celebrations and family themes you mentioned seems to have been added with Wedding Stories and Growing Together so far. I'd personally prefer we get other themes before they repeat ones they've already given us as the main focus of a pack, but if some things that fit those themes are worked into every pack going forwards I'd really love that! I'd love for every packs CAS to have decent clothing for all age stages, including infants. And perhaps a stuff pack or some kits directed at infants would be nice.

I do agree about more Bon Voyage content. If they ever release another pack in the future that's more like Island Living or Snowy Escape, where you're exploring a location and learning about the culture, I'd love to have more touristy things to do there! While I like the focusing on the culture approach we've gotten, I'd love to have the embarrassing tourist stuff at least on the side. Along with hotels! A vacation area that actually feels like a nice vacation spot and not just an Air BnB rental.
    mollie1998 wrote: »
    I would like mostly online school/high school for my teen sim so she can go to school and do homework online and a shopping mall so my teen sim can go shopping with friends to the movies with friends and go to the arcade with friends but most importantly I would like concerts so my teen can go see her favorite celebrities and a hotel with a waterpark so my teen sim can go down waterslides and play in the pools these things will be fun I hope they come out next year for sure

I would really love a pack that adds concerts! A band focused pack in general, where you could make your own band, whether it's a rock band or KPop style, and also have attending concerts of other sims band as an activity your sims could do as well! And hopefully it'd have some cross pack compatibility with Get Famous so you get awards for music and fame for gigs.
    brizgal wrote: »
    Yes please. So many things missing that are quite easily adapted into the game.
    1. Update Magic Realm into a magical world similar to the magical fair world of Sims Magic Town.
    2. An expanded Sylvan glade is a perfect home for fairies etc, while the existing garden gnomes could actually become lifelike ie patchy scarecrow, but please include better gameplay
    3. For me, Into the future is still one of the major missing pieces. I used to love watching how one small action could drastically change future generations.
    Medieval gameplay pack with lots of new gameplay; as well as some new skills: swordsmanship, archery, blacksmithing, lute, harp, making hand-sewn clothes, dragon training… of course medieval would have to include dragons.

When comparing the different Sims eras, Sims 4 graphics are truly outstanding, however the gameplay depth is definitely lacking. In advertising blurbs, Sims 4 promises the world but in actual gameplay delivery gives a very microscopic slice of a tiny neighbourhood. Very disappointing and becoming more disheartening every new release that causes even more failures, glitches and bugs. It is no surprise that many of the long term members (as well as newer players) of the simmers community are looking elsewhere for the connection, satisfaction, inspiration, immersion and joy that previous Sims games delivered.

Yay! Another fantasy and medieval fan! We've got so many simmers that are doing Ultimate Decades Challenge or are Baldur's Gate fans, yet EA has been sleeping on adding a Medieval Fantasy pack! They did it as a spin off for Sims 3 already, they could literally just take everything from that pack and just convert it to TS4 graphics & code! No need to even sit around and think about what kind of gameplay they would make because they already made it! I'd love to have official EA assets to add to my insane fantasy cc folder, and a proper Medieval world for my historical sims to live in!!

For Fairies, I'd rather they make an entirely new world for them instead of expanding Sylvan Glade. Maybe the Glade can be written into the lore and connected to the new Game Pack Fairies, but I'd love to see a new world be made for them when we finally do get that occult!

I'd also really love an Arabian Nights inspired Expansion Pack, with the re-introduction of Genies as an occult!! They could finally give us a world based off of a middle-eastern country, Arab CAS catalogue, BB assets that let me re-make Agrabah... It'd be an amazing way to satisfy us fantasy fans and introduce a culture that's currently missing from the game as well!!!