Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can I change the Lunar Lakes spaceship from a rabbit hole & use as world decor instead?

Not sure how to word this. I'm playing the AC in Lunar Lakes. The spaceship takes up tons of room. I'm okay with that. I love the look of it, so it stays. Aurora Skies has an extremely modern looking Hospital/Science building that would fit into the futuristic world. I think I know where I can slap it down. But if I do that, I'll have 2 science rabbit holes. Sounds like a recipe for disaster. So my question is if you can de-rabbit hole a building and just use it like a shell? That or does anyone know whether someone has done this and offered the spaceship as a standalone decoration?

Comments

• mw1525mw1525 Posts: 1,215 Member
    Hi!

If you didn't know, having multiples of any rabbit-hole isn't a game breaking thing. You can have two active science centers if you want.

Since you don't want to have two, there is a way to empty the spaceship of all its employees. The method is easier if you have NRaas' Master Controller mod installed, but it can also be done in a mod-less game as well, it just takes a bit more time.

First you need to know who all works in the Science Center because you wouldn't want to leave anyone behind. Once you have the list of employees you can begin.

2). Place your AS science center into the world (using edit town).

NOTE ABOUT SWITCHING:
    This is better done at night when the sims are not active. I would wait until after 3am (game time) before switching them 1). because all of the game's maintenance has run and 2). because it gives the game engine well enough time to make the changes necessary to the Sims such as boss reassignment and so on.

3). Here comes the fun part. If you DO NOT play with mods, you are going to have to switch to each of the households on your list via the 'Edit Town' menu 'Change Household' option. Once you have switched households go back into game, select the scientist sim, click the new building and choose 'Change Job to This Location' (or some message like that).

CAUTION:
    If you use this method, make certain to take anything your active household has which is of any value to you out of their personal inventory and store it either somewhere on the lot or in their family inventory because once you switch households the game will delete everything in their fridge and personal inventory.

4) If you HAVE NRaas' Master Controller mod installed you will basically be doing the same thing but without needing edit town. While in active game, pause the game, go to the home of the first sim you want to transfer to the new building. Open their home, select the sim who you want to switch locations, then select the new science center and choose 'Change Job to This Location' (or some message like that). Be certain to close their home before switching to the next household. Nothing bad will happen if you forget to close their home, it's just the 'visit' command for the household will disappear because the game will see you already have access to it.

Once you have changed all sims concerned to the new location, switch back to your active household, un-pause the game, and continue your gameplay as normal.

If there is a shorter way of doing this, I don't know it. Anyway, have fun with your new Science Center and Happy Simming!
  • songsmith2003songsmith2003 Posts: 1,461 Member
    No, I did not know you could have 2 rabbit holes! Live and learn. Thank you for taking the time to explain how to do this. Sometimes it feels like I sneeze and whatever world I'm in implodes (powerful sneezes?). Not sure I'll try the other rabbit hole, but it's good to know how to switch them out.
  • nickibitswardnickibitsward Posts: 3,115 Member
    No, I did not know you could have 2 rabbit holes! Live and learn. Thank you for taking the time to explain how to do this. Sometimes it feels like I sneeze and whatever world I'm in implodes (powerful sneezes?). Not sure I'll try the other rabbit hole, but it's good to know how to switch them out.

I always redo my towns before I play and because I like the look of some of the rabbit hole buildings, often end up with more than one of some types. I haven't noticed any problems because of it. I love the Oasis Landing buildings and use those sometimes in my normal towns which gives me career options I wouldn't normally have, like at the Bot Arena or at the Observatory.

• songsmith2003songsmith2003 Posts: 1,461 Member
    The good thing about Lunar Lakes and a futuristic apocalypse is that I am finally using "ugly" never-gonna-wear-that clothing that came with certain EPs and packs. They look great when in the right location. I did go on a mass edit of the houses there. Way too many single sim homes for a challenge style hood. I want to open up the observatory and switch that out for the "symphonic" lift (where you clear the skies). Makes so much sense to me.