Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What should be included in the base game?

YumengYumeng Posts: 116 Member
edited January 2023 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
Others or multiple choices, please reply.

I think high schools, cinemas, bus stops, shops, restaurants, hotels, hospitals, courts, prisons, aquariums and amusement parks can all be included in the base game.
We need the function of zodiac signs, half-tile walls, prominent window sills, inverted half walls, discontinuous voice slider(mid-value can be taken) and rotating objects horizontally and vertically in a discontinuous manner(22.5 degrees per rotation).
Post edited by Yumeng on

What should be included in the base game? 76 votes

Seasons
28%
BluegayleMichelleWMariefoxprice83BariSaxysof2106Gecko420ddd994SERVERFRALucaslovesgamesmanicobsessiveJALKai252018vossimsLilsimsimmissnurikoRapidRabidRabbitSimmer_Cherry1amydunneDarkJoey247OkayLazySim 22 votes
Zodiac Signs & Blood Types
10%
redrogue60SheepilingYumengUmbreon12jpsulsuldagdagThirteenCatz2skipzkc134 8 votes
Parenthood
5%
OceancatAFabledFlameEleriDivapixie 4 votes
High School
1%
Izzy_The_Potato 1 vote
Laundry & Bust the Dust
5%
lexus20SnaveXsFreezerBunnyCowplantFuture 4 votes
Private Car & Swimming Pool
17%
SimsILikeSimsID-ChristianChadSims2EnkiSchmidtSarah26CatNushkaIsharellArarineImpulsiveRaptorAllThingsSimsLavenderWoodLoLyChupajuloks2 13 votes
Landline & Cellphone & Newspaper & Magazine
7%
SeashoreLiviacody6268Thornwillowmollie1998DrearyMaeStarling_Blackmore 6 votes
Others
23%
MsMayPlayerSinger2010SavorySageg01denswanBriana2425Vivi_WillowTreeBehappy1stWildIrishBansheePatriceZazzyKittynMak27Perti23Gamer_34567544LIL_LillyKimberlyyyyyQueenKataniapingvinskinHikaruHito 18 votes

Comments

• EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,339 Member
    For me swimming pools are absolutely essential, I missed them same as everyone else was missing toddlers.

That said, they're setting themselves up for utter chaos again, if they do not include a solid groups/clubs system in the BG. EPs should be able to expand that barebones system, make it more complex and flavoured for the pack in question. The way University and Werewolves had to re-invent clubs without being able to re-use the one they already sold us with Get Together left both student societies and wolf packs lacking.
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Others
    Aliens. :)
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    Seasons
    Actually, all the above. ;)
  • LIL_LillyLIL_Lilly Posts: 93 Member
    Others
    Most of these things are maxis' big money makers, as much as I like free stuff, I want to HAVE a sims 4 not some "we ran out of budget" game, also pools are already in the base game. (sorry if that came off as harsh)
    Yes, I play big families in the sims. please add crawling babies and pre-teens, My mom played sims 1 and 2 now I play 4, its just family tradition at this point
  • PatricePatrice Posts: 361 Member
    Others
    Hello Simmers!

Happy 2023! im going to repeat myself, and as i have pleaded before
    Spiral Staircases would be nice! they would work nice in micro or
    tiny homes, that should be included in the basegame, and not have to
    rely on mods. does anyone agree?
  • ThornwillowThornwillow Posts: 123 Member
    From existent features i'd like to see medicine, scientist, politics and military careers(at least as non-active), singing and dancing skills, temperatures (we alredy have clothes category for it and we're able to have ghosts with this death type trait), reputation (not fame), acne, unlocked lot traits from City Living(most of them feel more house fitting rather than apartments). For new features i wish we had landlines, newspaper(net and delivery), brightness and saturation sliders for hair colors, cemetery (and funerals), aspiration bar influencing mental health, body scars(top surgery), bus stop and animation(we don' want sims to dissapear in the air), sleepover, create a festival, babysitting and hand working job being active, spiral and diagonal stairs and interactions with aquarium fishes, frogs and aliens like feed, watch, talk to, pick up, pet and set free.
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,108 Member
    edited January 2023
    Seasons
    I would have liked to see layering for clothing, as well as distinguishing between indoor clothing and outdoor clothing (surely nobody wears shoes inside their own house) but it's presumably too late for Sims 4 now, and I really don't think I can start from scratch a 5th time.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • mollie1998mollie1998 Posts: 446 Member
    lots of fun places like a zoo a horse farm where you can rifde horses a movie theater and so much more
    very important places like a mall a grocery store a dentists office and much more
    lots of vacationing areas like a hotel on the beach a hotel in the city and a hotel in the town
    a school where you can see your children go to school and a daycare where you can see your toddlers go to daycare
  • manicobsessivemanicobsessive Posts: 1,109 Member
    Seasons
    Out of those, definitley Seasons.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Cars and swimming pools have always come with Sims base games sadly Sims 4 messed that up since it was so rushed
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • LucaslovesgamesLucaslovesgames Posts: 58 Member
    Seasons
    All of the above definitely.
  • YumengYumeng Posts: 116 Member
    I think Zodiac Signs can be associated with Seasons and should be included in the base game. Pets should also be included in the base game.
    We need the function of zodiac signs, half-tile walls, prominent window sills, inverted half walls, discontinuous voice slider(mid-value can be taken) and rotating objects horizontally and vertically in a discontinuous manner(22.5 degrees per rotation).
  • AllThingsSimsAllThingsSims Posts: 4 New Member
    I didn't realize swimming pools were not included in the base game :open_mouth:
  • QueenKataniaQueenKatania Posts: 2 New Member
    Others
    I want to see more representation for disabilities, like blind people, wheelchair-bound people, amputees with prosthetics, and more body scars. EA is on the right track by adding hearing aids for deaf people, top surgery scars, binders, and shape wear for transgender individuals, and I'd like that to continue.
  • jpsulsuldagdagjpsulsuldagdag Posts: 450 Member
    yeah Seasons too but I want zodiacs lol
  • MsMayMsMay Posts: 440 Member
    Others
    I don’t know will we get changing table for infant & maybe toddlers free in the base game. But if not, I think we should get it free in the base game like in the sims 2.
  • Gamer_34567544Gamer_34567544 Posts: 1,300 Member
    Others
    I'm voting aliens and planet Sixam... but Sixam needs to be a livable place. I mean, if an alien kid wishes to return to Sixam and live with their people, they can't right now- they can only visit.
  • Mak27Mak27 Posts: 1,113 Member
    Others
    From this point of TS4:
    • Lawn mowing
    • Water heaters
    • Swimming pool cleaning
    • Spiral stairs
    • More swimming pool tools
    • Attics
    • Woodchopping
    • Heat/cold waves
    • Zodiac

For TS5: dust, laundry, pets and seasons
  • g01denswang01denswan Posts: 1,028 Member
    Others
    Retail shops and restaurants so sims can buy their groceries, clothing, furniture, etc. from brick and mortar places again.
  • Umbreon12Umbreon12 Posts: 881 Member
    The way I voted on Zodiac Signs and blood types, Sims 2 did not have blood type, but they did have Zodiac Signs that played a role in how a Sim would react in the game.
    That said, Since Sims 1, things that would most likely be included in the game was sold as separate packs. For Sims 1 and Sims 2, I think the technology wasn't there yet to get all the packs in, especially in Sims 2. Sims 1 started it all, but Sims 2 added more to it.
    For me Sims 3 and Sims 4 followed the formula, but to me it feels more like they are doing it to get more money, versus actually finding ways to put the pack in without it affecting previous packs. Sims 3 is on the fence, because it felt like a cash grab in some areas, but also felt like it expanded on Sims 1 and Sims 2.
    Sims 4 seems a bit more like a cash-grab to me, and I do have it, but I have been waiting to buy new packs. Of course, with occult packs, I buy is regardless of what I feel about Sims 4.
  • Firefly22Firefly22 Posts: 5 New Member
    Small updates that EA should add for better gameplay! You can comment our ideas in the comments. To make it short I will only state one idea. sims should move in with a household and only be able to control specific sims. For example. Sim 1 and sim 2 got married. We get the option to move in, we click yes. Select which sim we want to control and which sim we do not want to control. Basically live with a household of NPC.
  • ZazzyKittynZazzyKittyn Posts: 369 Member
    Others
    Season all life stages zodiac blood type at least one occult vampires since I believe they were the first to be released in all 4 pets round walls spiral staircases landlines newspapers and magazines pets cats and dogs multi family housing either townhouses dup/triplexes or apartments likes dislikes pronouns sexuality preferences fountains ponds that you can swim in unlike those that came with cottage living where you can wade in or fish only swimming pools