Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do we all keep the most expensive photo - why?

When taking pictures, either with cam or the studio object, there are 5 copies unless you break the session.

After taking those 5, I normally keep the most valuable as I thin k that one is the best. But they look the same, so the only difference will be that with many "best quality" pictures in a home, bills will increase. I assume the value of each photo might also add to the room score / feeling decorated etc, but in a well equipped home I guess the effect from photos on the wall will be marginal.

Am I the only one constantly keeping the most expensive copy, ad deleting the other copies? If you do this, is there any reason why you do so? Or are we all less smart than we like to think, hehe?
Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg

Comments

• SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    I keep the best quality, I don’t even look at the price. First best quality I see if the one I keep, that’s it
  • GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,343 Member
    are we all less smart than we like to think

I do the same thing as you. And it's probably because of the reason you suggest. :lol:
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    If I'm taking portraits I will keep the best quality because I can't be bothered to check through them to see if they are any different and I don't want to risk something that may not look as good.

I do have a sim who takes scenic photos and he sells the best quality ones on Plopsy.
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    I expect for us older players it's conditioning. Higher price equaled a better environment /room score, as you already mentioned, and back in the day every little bit helped. Same as I used to catch me at omitting sinks when furnishing bathrooms or using no handwashing mods, because "toilet - enforced sink use - shower" was inefficient compared to just "toilet - shower". On the upside I think I've succesfully trained myself out of building for optimal routing and short distances.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,956 Member
    edited December 2022
    I just use whichever looks best to me really and delete ones i don't see myself using

but I do make sure i don't have poor quality gnomes thumbs or shaken ones (well unless those are what i want)

most frustrating part is sorting them in screenshots really so I try to not take many similar pics (and fail everytime)
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member
    I put them all on the wall and keep the one I like the most. It usually isn’t the poor quality ones so that’s okay.

I often use the bright filter too.
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,669 Member
    Interesting to read your comments!

Perhaps I was a bit unclear when mentioning quality. I did not think of the difference that we can actually see. But say all your 5 copies looks the same, I would choose the most expensive. Even a pro photographer might get one rare §11 copy, while there will normally also be a §28 copy. Then I make sure not picking the §11, but the §28. And for no good reason as they look exactly the same :)

@EnkiSchmidt yupp, after all these years we learn to focus on better pleasures than being strategic and logical :) I must say this game contain so much that it often feel I just scratched the surface after 8 years...
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,425 Member
    I keep the most expensive one just to have a more value photo.

But to be honest I rarely have 5 identical photos. I usually try a few different poses within one 5 photo session. A couple of weeks ago I found out that I can even use poses for selfies so even selfies aren't identical anymore.
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    I keep the most expensive one just to have a more value photo.

But to be honest I rarely have 5 identical photos. I usually try a few different poses within one 5 photo session. A couple of weeks ago I found out that I can even use poses for selfies so even selfies aren't identical anymore.

Ah thanks, I didn't know that. Is that selfies with the regular photo studio object, or with something from the moshuno sp?
    edited December 2022
    I took those selfies with my sims phone. I have Mochino installed but have no idea if that SP is required for poses with selfies or if it is base game.

Here are some different poses I found for selfies (there are more in the game). The first two are definately part of the same 5 photo session, the third one might be a second attempt.
    kGv8GCp.png
    BOoMexo.png
    iilWmQH.png
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    Didn't those new selfie poses come with a patch around the time of HSY?
    Didn't those new selfie poses come with a patch around the time of HSY?

Could be possible. I only noticed them recently. I don't have HSY so that pack is definitely not a requirement.
    And I'm behind with a couple patches, so if those poses were parched after HSY I obviously did not see them yet :)
  • JaiSeaJaiSea Posts: 908 Member
    I keep the most expensive one, assuming it looks the best. I don't really look at the pictures, just prices, until they are displayed.
    Check out my latest Multiplayer Let's Play! The Off the Grid challenge - single family addition.
    MPOTGthumbnail.jpg
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    I keep the cheapest version of the highest quality. The rest I "Sell to publication" for cash and some easy fame.
  • Velvet_LiliesVelvet_Lilies Posts: 56 Member
    I never look at the price, but I always take 5 pics in case some of them are blurry or failed, especially when my Sims have low skill. The one I end up keeping isn't always the most expensive, I'm happy as long as it's been successfully taken. I think I actually do the opposite, if I have two identical pictures and there's one that's more expensive than the other, I keep the cheap one and sell the expensive one for some pocket money.
    na3uewksu9ny.png
    My Tumblr • • • My first story: "The New Kid" ←
    • • • • •