Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cars are coming

Comments

• crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,374 Member
    Wispye wrote: »
    not sure why everyone wants are no open world

Actually cars in an open world are a nuisance because they just make you dizzy by zooming around the neighborhood, and sometimes they drive like airport taxi drivers and take you round the city twice before they deliver you at your destination, so it actually takes longer to reach a lot in an open world than if you were to load it in a closed world. Also from personal experience, cars in TS2 were so much more fun than in TS3.
  • 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,572 Member
    If they add cars, I do hope they bother to fix the bug where vehicles (bikes) are used indoors before they release them.

I imagine making cars work in all worlds to be more difficult and time consuming than adding swimmable bodies of water.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • FreddyFox1234FreddyFox1234 Posts: 502 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »

Actually cars in an open world are a nuisance because they just make you dizzy by zooming around the neighborhood, and sometimes they drive like airport taxi drivers and take you round the city twice before they deliver you at your destination, so it actually takes longer to reach a lot in an open world than if you were to load it in a closed world. Also from personal experience, cars in TS2 were so much more fun than in TS3.

That’s definitely something I don’t enjoy in TS3. I have to zoom right out when my Sims are travelling in cars as otherwise I get travel sick :/
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Because watching my Sims drive around town is not the reason I want a cars. In Sims 1 and 2 open world did not exist but the school bus still pulled up in the morning for kids to go to school they did not just poof out of existence. Firemen did not just appear out nowhere like real life they came in their fire truck a lot of us want realism in our games not having cars breaks immersion for me.

Sims owning cars they actually use is nice being able to watch them get into their cars and pull out before you hit a loading screen adds to realism. Taxi's carpools or take public transportation options would have been nice with conveniently placed bus stops in every world and subway entrances in City Living should have always been a thing. My Sims should not leave to go to an Island vacation traveling on foot.

Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Bren91Bren91 Posts: 297 Member
    edited June 2023
    I want cars but I don’t think we need a whole expansion pack around them or game pack, to be honest I think cars should come with a free update to me, cars seem very much like a life simulation must have not a special feature or add on. But I wouldn’t mind a stuff pack that incorporates more with them such a careers like owning a mechanic shop or car dealer shop. I think the could a game pack would be fine as well if they wanted to add events like car shows or make cars customizable. But I don’t like the idea of having to pay for a feature that I think should have been in this game from day 1. That’s just my opinion but I feel like expansions game packs and stuff packs are things that are suppose to add more features and ways to play but not for basic life simulation features. I guess I’d settle for a kit that adds cars to the game but that I think would be to big of a kit, I think cars really should be a base game feature in an update. And then if they want to create extra features or content for it they can create kits or stuff packs for it
  • Build_Mode_QueenBuild_Mode_Queen Posts: 24 Member
    i think cars are totally possible, considering that they can just make a world that does have drive-able roadways and sims driving could be limited to that world only. It's not gonna happen, but would be cool if they started adding multiple worlds to single expansion packs.
  • WispyeWispye Posts: 141 Member
    i loved cars in sims 3 but with no open world for me its useless
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,019 Member
    I dunno, using them to travel wasn't the main draw for them in Sims 2. I'd love to fix up cars, own garages, steal them, and make sims whose personalities revolve around them.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    With the comment they made that included horses, cars are definitely coming. Question is when?
  • sclevenger08sclevenger08 Posts: 125 Member
    Gordy wrote: »
    I dunno, using them to travel wasn't the main draw for them in Sims 2. I'd love to fix up cars, own garages, steal them, and make sims whose personalities revolve around them.

I'm with you. I don't really care about driving them. But I would love watching my teen fix up a vintage car with grandpa, have a new mechanic career, or just my sim who has a motorcycle jacket have a motorcycle to go with it lol.
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,215 Member
    edited June 2023
    In fact Cars have more gameplay when they are parked (washing, fixing, tuning, woohoo, ... )

maxres35.jpg
    homolo10.jpg
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    I’ve given up on playable drivable Cars being in Sims 4.
    There’s been many so called hints from Sims 4 Get Together, Cats & Dogs, Cottage Living, High School, Growing Together and Strangerville.🥺😢
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,945 Member
    edited June 2023
    If no cars
    I wish they would at least give us camping cars thingies as kit or something
    like adding the car like exterior pieces we could wrap our box houses in
    so they look like camping car or a hippie van or whatever

its getting old trying to make them from all these random items in the game and watching all that clippity clippity

also I really want motorcycles more cause it would be cool to have motorcycle races like urbz n such
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • simmeroriginsimmerorigin Posts: 1,396 Member
    edited June 2023
    I have no doubt it’s going to come. I feel happy for those for whom a cars DLC would be meaningful. I felt similarly - back in 2019 when I was playing Sims 4.
    He/him | Simmer since Sims 1 | Active Sims 2 wants-based rotational player, Sims 3 legacy player | My gameplay rules via PleasantSims | Bring back challenge and depth to the Sims: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17959464/#Comment_17959464
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,963 Member
    filipomel wrote: »
    If cottage living really was hinting at cars I really don't like that they hint features years before they actually release it. Kind of seems they do it just to string the community along to give them incentive to stick around until the feature arrives.
    They hinted toddlers in Get Together. They had a sign of a toddler with a slash through it. And they also hinted either toddlers or babies with Dine out with a bottle on the chef’s stove.

I’m sure toddlers and infants were much better done having to wait awhile on them. I’m hoping horses and cars will be too.
  • RoaringHeightsRoaringHeights Posts: 34 Member
    We're getting both cars and fairies in a future expansion/game pack, I hope hotels are teased today as well.
    Simmer since 2012, The Sims 2, 3 & 4. Setup: i5 10400f, GTX 1650 SUPER, 16GB DDR4, 512GB SSD & Steam Deck
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,215 Member
    edited July 2023
    If Into The Future comes back, flying car like Mass Effect or Star Wars is still possible :p

mass_e10.png

• SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    Ooo a Sims 4 Into the Future, yes please!🤩😎
  • CelticlassCelticlass Posts: 38 Member
    Interesting that cars are coming. I would love to have something added to biking (later could be added to motorcycles). That's to ride around on your bike with - and choose up to 8 because that's a full household size. They can only meet you to ride if they have a bike in their inventory. Same with travel. Why can't the whole family or a group of friends travel together on their bikes? Of course, only if they have a bike in their inventory. I would love to see a variety of carriages and carts (horse drawn) added as well.
  • mollie1998mollie1998 Posts: 446 Member
    edited July 2023
    Cars are coming to the sims 4 yay I can’t wait for my sim to drive one of those
  • brizgalbrizgal Posts: 143 Member
    Car rally, racetrack and learner driver track, pit lane or garage to add lots of custom stuff or to make a campervan to take sims on camping holiday in the camp sites in existing worlds as well. So many possibilities…. Please, please, please…
  • plumboy23plumboy23 Posts: 133 Member
    JUSTICE FOR CARS
  • ULIBABA66ULIBABA66 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Actually I am happy it seems like cars are not coming in 2023, it's great the "For Rent" EP won't add them just yet, but I am sure 2024 should be the year. I just feel like it's better that Maxis is going to address other things first before getting at the "no cars/lack of transportation and lack of impression" question regarding this game. It allows them to put more effort on the other things and create new resources/set-up technology for future content like hotels (I am talking about the For Rent EP with the new tools they are possibly going to introduce to TS4). <3
  • MarteziaKingMarteziaKing Posts: 277 Member
    edited October 2023
    If cars do get added to The Sims 4, they're most likely going to be similar to the ones from The Sims 2 but with some minor improvements...or not. At least we don't have to use the debug cars or build fake/decorative "garages" anymore once they're added to the game. However, when it comes to garage doors, I wonder if the team will make the ones from City Living functional since I seen too many builds that use those doors for their "garages". 🚗
    Post edited by MarteziaKing on
    6bkvqyxctsjq.jpg
    ♥ If you can't be the light in the shadows, be the gem that refracts the light all around ♥