Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cars are coming

Comments

• crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    filipomel wrote: »
    If cottage living really was hinting at cars I really don't like that they hint features years before they actually release it. Kind of seems they do it just to string the community along to give them incentive to stick around until the feature arrives.

They have been hinting very strongly at cars with Hischool pack as well. Wish they would add more car models though. The ones we have in game are kind of rough looking and lack diversity.
  • telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    My feeling about cars is that we should either have them available to our Sims, or they should not be in the worlds at all. If they weren't there as set dressing I could except the Sims as a unique universe where only public transportation is used. But to have them driving the roads, setting around on lots, etc. is such a tease. Either completely in or completely out would be preferable.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    edited January 2023
    crocobaura wrote: »

They have been hinting very strongly at cars with Hischool pack as well. Wish they would add more car models though. The ones we have in game are kind of rough looking and lack diversity.
    Yeah, I agree. The cars in the game feels like they were most likely designed to just be in the background and not meant to be looked at up close, they are quite large and are hovering slightly above the ground with no animations for the wheels. If they will add cars then they probably should make more detailed and varied models.

fdjhZ05.png
  • LSM36LSM36 Posts: 593 Member
    JustinB113 wrote: »
    This thread has gone from ‘we just want cars and we don’t mind if we can’t drive them’ to ‘we want hearses and vintage cars and horse and carriage and to fry eggs on them 😂.’

"Fry Eggs on Vehicle" would be considered a typical Sims interaction, so why not? 😊
    I personally think the game just wasn’t built for cars, and they should plan Sims 5 around cars from the very beginning. Maybe we will get them in some way, but I don’t have hope for them meeting people’s expectations unless its an expansion pack and they remodel existing worlds instead of making a new one or something.

It’s lots of work for a patch unless they’re just stationary objects with interactions like the hamster cage.

If they introduce cars as a new lifestate we'll be alright.

New life state for cars mixed with Servos = Transformers.
    Check out my posts in the Ideas corner, and see the Simsverse living inside my head. :blush:
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,287 Member
    LiELF wrote: »
    I'd love a hearse and a horse-drawn carriage. Also, really old vintage cars and buggies from the early 1900s. Munster style!

While I do love cars and it would be a nice addtion, I have to agree with @CAPTAIN_NXR7 . I have a game save set in the 18th Century. There wasn't even so much as a train in the 1700s, let alone a car! Just learned they finally invented showers in the late 1790s. But, no cars. I would need an option to curtail them in my game. Bad enough those phantom cars zip by the farm. LOL
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    I so agree. As much as I would love for playable cars to finally be in Sims 4, I would only play them in my Ragtime to Awesome 80s game save & my Futuristic 2525 game save. I have more different historic game saves that I wouldn't want Cars in. However, I would love for Horses & Wagons to be in Sims 4.
  • ignominiusrexignominiusrex Posts: 2,680 Member
    Like High School Years and high school, only one world with playable roads :p

Let's hope not but all too predictable if they pulled that.
    You can call me Iggy or Rex (he/him) 10 ways to Fight Hate
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    filipomel wrote: »
    If cottage living really was hinting at cars I really don't like that they hint features years before they actually release it. Kind of seems they do it just to string the community along to give them incentive to stick around until the feature arrives.
    As long as their hinting actually leads to game play as in the expansions coming out from cottage living and going forward were created in cars in mind, I would be for that. If they know a feature is in the works packs created during that should have that in mind
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    JustinB113 wrote: »
    This thread has gone from ‘we just want cars and we don’t mind if we can’t drive them’ to ‘we want hearses and vintage cars and horse and carriage and to fry eggs on them 😂.’

"Fry Eggs on Vehicle" would be considered a typical Sims interaction, so why not? 😊
    I personally think the game just wasn’t built for cars, and they should plan Sims 5 around cars from the very beginning. Maybe we will get them in some way, but I don’t have hope for them meeting people’s expectations unless its an expansion pack and they remodel existing worlds instead of making a new one or something.

It’s lots of work for a patch unless they’re just stationary objects with interactions like the hamster cage.

If they introduce cars as a new lifestate we'll be alright.

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    Yeah, I think they already had cars planned by cottage living…… as a play on words with Henford on Bagley points toward cars. Some thing about Ford living on Bagley street or something like that.

I'm gonna be honest, I was skeptical of SG Lindsey's tweet being a clue until I saw your comment!

I looked it up and Bagley Avenue is where Henry Ford was living with his family when he built his first automobile. It's now a museum.

You guys have convinced me. Cars are on the way 👀

A guru debunked this as only a coincidence. I still think we're getting cars at some point, though.
  • lunnarilalunnarila Posts: 221 Member
    IceyJ wrote: »
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    Yeah, I think they already had cars planned by cottage living…… as a play on words with Henford on Bagley points toward cars. Some thing about Ford living on Bagley street or something like that.

I'm gonna be honest, I was skeptical of SG Lindsey's tweet being a clue until I saw your comment!

I looked it up and Bagley Avenue is where Henry Ford was living with his family when he built his first automobile. It's now a museum.

You guys have convinced me. Cars are on the way 👀

A guru debunked this as only a coincidence. I still think we're getting cars at some point, though.

Not THIS TIME, so one day?
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    @lunnarila Right, I believe they're coming one day. Just pointing out that the hint was only a coincidence.
    IceyJ wrote: »
    @lunnarila Right, I believe they're coming one day. Just pointing out that the hint was only a coincidence.

Wider roads and gas stations in the background don't look like coinsidence at all. We asked for playable babies, bunk beds and we have it so why not cars? I believe they are on their way, if not this year, maybe 2024
  • LJKLJK Posts: 257 Member
    If cars are coming, they will likely be contained to the one world. Many worlds have residential lots where cars wouldn't make any sense, there's no roads or even pathways for them. Not even a place where it wouldn't look weird for them to drive away into a loading screen. And many of these roads aren't on a lot, so a car couldn't be placed there. Your residential lot would have to have a parking spot built for it.

I'm not against the idea, but as I said. One world, most likely.
    LJK wrote: »
    If cars are coming, they will likely be contained to the one world. Many worlds have residential lots where cars wouldn't make any sense, there's no roads or even pathways for them. Not even a place where it wouldn't look weird for them to drive away into a loading screen. And many of these roads aren't on a lot, so a car couldn't be placed there. Your residential lot would have to have a parking spot built for it.

I'm not against the idea, but as I said. One world, most likely.

In TS3 you could place lots anywhere, even far away from roads, and you could still own them. The cars would simply be added to your inventory when you finished your ride, much like bikes in TS4, so I don't see why neighbourhood layout would be a deterrent to adding cars in TS4. They could make some neighbourhoods open to work with cars like in TS3, and for some, they could work like TS2 cars.
  • BenjamilianBenjamilian Posts: 395 Member
    The cars would simply be added to your inventory when you finished your ride, much like bikes in TS4, so I don't see why neighbourhood layout would be a deterrent to adding cars in TS4.
    I used to send my Sims to university with an inventory full of cars to sell off so they could have a source of cash while going about their studies and new life.
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,451 Member
    The cars would simply be added to your inventory when you finished your ride, much like bikes in TS4, so I don't see why neighbourhood layout would be a deterrent to adding cars in TS4.
    I used to send my Sims to university with an inventory full of cars to sell off so they could have a source of cash while going about their studies and new life.

I’m not a fan of rabbit hole jobs, so in TS3 I made an an active career out of swiping cars at night. I always felt such euphoria whenever my klepto sim managed to nick a Bwan Speedster YL or a Margaret Vaguester. Best source of income! 😅
  • SthenastiaSthenastia Posts: 651 Member
    I think we can get the cars finally but this type of transport will be limited to a new world + maybe the base game worlds, where the lots are attached to the roads.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/simsvip/20397611932/in/album-72157656948813752/
  • ThirteenCatz2ThirteenCatz2 Posts: 80 Member
    Sthenastia wrote: »
    I think we can get the cars finally but this type of transport will be limited to a new world + maybe the base game worlds, where the lots are attached to the roads.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/simsvip/20397611932/in/album-72157656948813752/

This. There is no way cars will work otherwise.

And with that I am not excited about cars as they wouldn't add anything to the game at this point, not like they used to.
    Having car in Sims 2 worked pretty fine. First of all when the sim was driving to the lot, they were entering the car, drive on the road and disappear into the loading screen. It could work the same in ts4
    edited January 2023
    lunnarila wrote: »
    Having car in Sims 2 worked pretty fine. First of all when the sim was driving to the lot, they were entering the car, drive on the road and disappear into the loading screen. It could work the same in ts4

while thats fine for sims 2, wouldnt it just be pointless in sims 4? I think horses would be better as they can function like a bike but you take them out of a stable, and can customize them and treat them like pets. A car at this point is just...whats the point? you take it out of inventory and disappear? If anything I guess it would please some people as sims 1 just had a car show up, and then it slightly drives off and disappears, but after all this complaining people will not be happy with it being like that. they want open world driving which will never happen. I think cars need to seriously be implemented into sims 5, and just let alone for sims 4.
    lunnarila wrote: »

while thats fine for sims 2, wouldnt it just be pointless in sims 4? I think horses would be better as they can funtion like a bike but you take them out of a stable, and can customize them and treat them like pets. A car at this point is just...whats the point? you take it out of inventory and disappear? If anything I guess it would please some people as sims 1 just had a car show up, and then it slight drives off and disapears, but after all this complaining people will not be happy with it being like that. they want open world which will never happen

same happened in sims 2 though and nobody was complaining about that. Besides we can do more with car. Build them, repair them etc
    I mean I guess if you customize them and repair them I guess that would please someone, but theres so much more gameplay elements that can be fixed, or added that make cars seem minute
  • acdoobacdoob Posts: 6 New Member
    If we do get vehicles, with the way the maps are designed, they will most likely be rabbit holes and imo pretty pointless except for something neat to look at and as something to use for skill building/ role play. Traveling around the map would be tough because it's not like the sims 3 where you could literally just go building to building. It's all loading screens.
    acdoob wrote: »
    If we do get vehicles, with the way the maps are designed, they will most likely be rabbit holes and imo pretty pointless except for something neat to look at and as something to use for skill building/ role play. Traveling around the map would be tough because it's not like the sims 3 where you could literally just go building to building. It's all loading screens.

Why would you even want to travel around the map in the car? It was pretty dizzying in TS3 and sometimes annoying as they couldn't reach all lots and sims would sometimes travel by car then get out and continue running on foot. And they wouldn't always choose the most straightforward route. With a rabbithole approach, travelling becomes really smooth and you don't despair because of routing issues.