Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Safe to update game on Origin?

I'm a few patches behind, and thought I'd just wait until I was forced to install the App. Now that the closing of Origin has been delayed - there's obviously been some glitches to iron out and besides I assume it will be more effective for the team to do so in January than during Xmas. My Origin works fine, and I had no problems regarding anything whatsoever.

Just wondering if I can update my game on Origin without triggering the App? Updating is not important enough for me to risk needing to spend limited simming time on reverting to Origin etc. Hopefully it will not be uninstalled for the time being?
Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg

Comments

• Options
    Meela_PashtMeela_Pasht Posts: 704 Member
    I update and have had no issues. Origin still behaves as it always has.
    If you don't have anything nice to say then don't say anything at all. Live in your Truth.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,673 Member
    Thanks @Meela_Pasht - I'll get my game updated then. Might be good to be a jour before they catch up with the app conversion.
  • Options
    MsDSweetsMsDSweets Posts: 86 Member
    I'm avoiding the switch 'til the absolute last note.... Origin is working fine for me as well. Soo glad the forced switch is delayed... YAAAA!!!!
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,673 Member
    MsDSweets wrote: »
    I'm avoiding the switch 'til the absolute last note.... Origin is working fine for me as well. Soo glad the forced switch is delayed... YAAAA!!!!

If I got it right, Origin will not at the moment trigger any switch at all, so it might be a good time for updating and repairing if needed. We can't avoid the app in the near future, and after all the majority seems to have no or very few problems with it. I want to be able to buy another pack in the future, so I really couldn't stay out of the switch anyway. As long as the app seems to allow me playing the game offline, I'm fine with the change, eventually.