Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Don't the vampire sims get fatigued moodlet after long work outs?

JeansooJeansoo Posts: 3,606 Member
Hi, I have 2 vamp teen sims and trying to raise their athletic skill.(Unfortunately, they don't have super speed skill learning ability) But they don't get fatigued after LONG jogging from the base camp to The temple of Heaven in Shang Simla. I wondered how..they didn't get it because their athletic skills are only 5 and 6. Also I ask med them to spar 8 times in a row, and never get fatigued. Is that normal for vampire sims? I appreciate all helps, thanks.

Update] I tried the quick burst option with my teen sims as they are now level 8 in Athletic skill. They were able to jog over 5hrs and still didn't get fatigue moodlet.
Post edited by Jeansoo on

Comments

• PeralPeral Posts: 873 Member
    I believe they are only affected by the lack of blood. I had a gamer vampire a few years back who could stream all night long with out get tired.
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,427 Member
    @Peral - That's Sims 4; this is Sims 3.

@Jeansoo - Vampire Sims tend to fatigue a lot slower than other sims. I don't play vampires, but I've read somewhere that vampire sims are pretty much impervious to a lot of things except sunlight. Leave them in the sun too long and they'll become a pile of ashes.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • MantleJackalMantleJackal Posts: 373 Member
    Vampires cannot become fatigued. They have super strength so you can literally have your vampire in the gym all day, every day and they won't get fatigued.
  • JeansooJeansoo Posts: 3,606 Member
    edited December 2022
    @Jeansoo - Leave them in the sun too long and they'll become a pile of ashes.
    Thanks but I heard there’s no vampire death by the sunlight in the sims 3. There’s a death by the low thirst needs from young adult. The children and teen vampires don’t affect by the sunlight and thirst needs even though they enjoy having plasma juice. 🙂 Thanks. Yesterday, my teens reached up to level 9 in Athletic skill and level 8 inn martial arts skill. I’ve seen only their dad completed within an hour to complete each skills in his teen life. So I didn’t know this.

@MantleJackal
    Thanks. I was surprised that they never got fatigued while staying in China for whole 6 days. I can have them drink the potent invigorating elixir, then make them workout at gym all throuth the night. 🤣😅 It was weird that the child and teen sims don’t get affected by thirst and sunlight, but for some reason, they got slowed down from low energy needs. 😂 So if the energy is low, they never run. Even the child vampire walked home all the way through the narrow path.

edited December 2022
    Had one of my vampire sims get turned into a carbonized heap of ashes after staying out in the sun
    Vampires can only go out in the sunlight for a short amount of time before getting the "Heating Up" moodlet,

If you leave them out in the sun too long, your vampire sim will start to smoke and then burst into flames. If you don’t put him out, you’ll end up with a fire-death.

Me being a sadistic SOB Watcher didn’t like vampire sims so I just watched him burn. 😈

Young Children and teen vampires are not affected by the sunlight, because their vulnerabilities haven’t kicked in yet (they’re programmed that way in coding. Probably too traumatizing to the kiddies to see a youngster vampire turned into charcoal).

But yes, Sims 3 vampires (young adults/adults/elders) are vulnerable to the sun (die fire deaths) and unless you have vampiric sunscreen (which you make at the elixir table) your sim can die from being out in the sun too long.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    @jeansoo @Nikkei_Simmer The first time I played a vampire I had him running around collecting things all day and he suddenly stopped and turned into a pile of ashes.

I went off playing vampires after that.

The other thing that put me off vampires was the fact that the next time I played a vampire he died suddenly of starvation - so I put a fridge containing plasma juice next to his bed so he got up and walked to the sink to cook something and died on the way, so I put the plasma juice in his inventory and he drank it and lived long enough to go to the fireplace and catch on fire and burn to death. I shut down without saving and reloaded several times in an effort to keep him alive due to him having a wife and children. The wife died too - of starvation after taking part in an eating contest (that bug has now been fixed) and the children were taken away due to there being no older sims in the household. That game was a bad, but interesting, memory. I tend to avoid playing vampires.
    edited December 2022
    @Karritz - For such long-lived "vampires" Sims 3 ones seem to be pretty...uh...short-sighted...in their attempts at self-welfare (a kindly way of saying they're as dumb as a bag of hammers). :mrgreen: My vampires tended to combust at the most inopportune moments. Which is one of the multitude of reasons why I prefer playing werewolves and witches (I have yet to make a witch sim, but it's on my bucket list) Sims 3 vampires unless you watch over them with a timer set to the minimum time it takes to combust are like ambulatory kindling.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    @Nikkei_Simmer @Karritz
    My experience with vampires is the exact opposite. They're my favorite occult to play.

If you have seasons installed, you can give your vampires a parasol and they'll take it out during the day. They'll be protected from the sun as long as they have it out. There is also the immortal lifetime reward from Supernatural which gives them immunity to sunlight. (It makes them sparkle like Twilight but we got mods to get rid of the sparkles :wink: ).

There is, of course, the option to play them as the nocturnal creatures they are and have them go out at night. Their needs decay slower, they learn skills faster, and are a lot better at night. If jobs are a concern, there are jobs with nighttime hours such as graveyard and criminal career. Is it a bit stereotypical to find a vampire in those jobs... maybe. But it's about adapting to the occult your playing.

For thirst I have my vampires hunt. If you drink from a hunting target they get a "sanguine snack" moodlet that lasts 8 hours. Which, if you didn't know, prevents their thirst from decaying for the entire duration of the moodlet. As long as you hunt, you have a full 8 hours where thirst is not an issue.

There's also plasma fruits you can buy from the store and grow but I like my vampires as bloodthirsty predators that hunt for their food rather than a domesticated Edward that eats plasma fruits and drinks juice boxes from the fridge.
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    @Mantlejackal thanks for the info. I do have the occasional vampire in rare households but I mostly choose to ignore them. I don't like to let them hunt. I am much more attached to all of my other sims. If one of my regular sims gets turned into a vampire I will cure them. Even if the vampire look is interesting. I do have all of the expansions and stuff packs installed so have access to it all.
    @MantleJackal
    I agree with your all explanation. I didn’t know the thirst needs is protected by sanguine snack moodlet for entire 8 hrs. Of course, thise 2 teen vamps’ dad is immortal ann also have hardly hungry reward. So I thought it’s from the hardly hungry reward that his thirst bar decays very slow. He enjoys hunting as well. His 2 teen vamps put up the wish ‘hunt’, ‘read mind’… for some reason as their vampiric ability is not activated yet. 😂 I will try ti remove hardly hungry and see how the sanguine snack would affect him. Does perfect plasma fruit also protect the thirst bar as well? He has about 9 plasma fruit. I’m using them only for emergency.
    edited December 2022
    @Jeansoo
    The moodlet a vampire gets from plasma fruit depends on the quality. Very nice quality fruit gives the sated moodlet and outstanding gives sanguine snack.

I imagine if a vampire eats perfect plasma fruit they would get a sanguine snack moodlet, too. It would be weird to get it from an outstanding fruit but not perfect.

As long as it gives sanguine snack it will block the thirst bar.
    @MantleJackal Thank you so much for the tip. The fruit was perfect quality, but I didn't know even outstanding gives the sanguine snack moodlet. :D I tried today and his thirst bar was completely full for 8hrs after taking perfect plasma fruit. I removed hardly hungry LTR just before having the fruit. xD
    edited January 2023
    @Jeansoo
    I like how this thread turned into a vampire tips and tricks from the original question. :tongue:
    I never got a perfect plasma so that was informative for me, too.
    Post edited by MantleJackal on
    @Jeansoo
    I like how this thread turned into a vampire tips and tricks from the original question. :tongue:
    I never got a perfect plasma perfect so that was informative for me, too.
    It’s good to share good tips any time. 😆