Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Romantic and Unflirty

Curious how you all like to use these traits in your game these days.

I used to have my Unflirty sims be aromantic and asexual, and my Romantic sims to be, well, extremely into whoever it was they were into.

Now that we have separate options that allow for aromantic and asexual, I'm rethinking it. It's nice to have another trait slot open for my aro/ace sims, since they don't need the Unflirty trait anymore. It's also nice to have the option of sims who are romantic but not very sexual, or vice versa. But now what's the Unflirty trait for?

I thought maybe I can use Unflirty to mean disliking public displays of affection and not initiating romantic interactions much (which is in the game mechanic anyway). I guess that roughly corresponds to demisexual.

And maybe my super-romantics do still need the Romantic trait, as we don't have a "very interested in romance/woohoo" option in the orientation settings.

What do you think?

Comments

• LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,232 Member
    edited December 2022
    Unflirty trait is perfect for disliking public displays of affection including other sims showing off.

For example it's a perfect trait for Agnes Crumplebottom.
    Post edited by LeGardePourpre on
  • Brd709Brd709 Posts: 2,081 Member
    edited December 2022
    My sim self's first born daughter Sienna has been married to Dan Bheeda, the son of Arun and Jasminder Bheeda for ten sim years. He has the unflirty trait but doesn't mind the occasional WooHoo with his wife. If he see's other sims/couples being flirty he will get a moodlet called "Witnessed Crass Act"
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    Demisexual is a good re-purposing for the Unflirty trait.

My other idea would be that those sims come from a very strict parenting where not just woohoo acts, but also romantic gestures were condemmed. They do have a woohoo desire, as is evident by the fact that they can initiate babymaking just fine, but they have been taught that it is something gross/shameful.
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    As an unflirty, but not asexual person in real life, I have never used the Unflirty trait as The Sims' version of asexuality, just for people who are "harder to crack", if that makes sense. Since I'm not a romance player, however, I have no idea if it actually works like that in the game.
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    As an unflirty, but not asexual person in real life, I have never used the Unflirty trait as The Sims' version of asexuality, just for people who are "harder to crack", if that makes sense. Since I'm not a romance player, however, I have no idea if it actually works like that in the game.
    Completely agree 100% this is how I view it as well. Also yes unflirty sims are difficult to romance.

I’ve given that trait to a sim using the change traits potions after they’ve had a horrible break up and didn’t want to believe in love anymore
  • EleriEleri Posts: 548 Member
    Another characteristic of Unflirty sims is that they are uncomfortable with platonic hugs, even with close relatives. This, to me, suggests that this trait approximates having tactile hypersensitivity.
    -No, my almost-elderly mother, I don't think it's a good time for you to try for a baby.
    -Yes, person I barely know, you have my blessing to hang out with Johnny Zest.
    -No person with the mean, hot-headed and self-absorbed traits, I don't think you should get married.
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,876 Member
    @LeGardePourpre haha "other sims showing off" I suppose that is how it might appear to an unflirty person
    @SelinaKyles Great response to a breakup.

Those are super insightful ideas @EnkiSchmidt @Eleri @GrumpyGlowfish -- aversion to touch, or being "hard to crack", or having a strict upbringing leading to shame around romance.